• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I like that Hit got development after he proved popular in the tournament. I want a series of Hit just going on assassin missions.

dickroach

I don't they hyped Hit as much as Jiren
Then again I binged it

Hit was definitely presented as by far the strongest thing U6 had, potentially as strong/stronger than Goku... the thing is there wasn't 30 episodes of waiting in anticipation to see how strong he really is like there's been with Jiren

Daingurse

Yeah but at least he had his cool guy aura Jiren doesn't even have that

He does emit such a presence for me lol. Literally nothing that has occurred in this tournament has really mattered to him. His total indifference gives him an aura of strength. He has complete confidence in his own ability.

There is an episode this week and next week, then a break, then the special.

The next break is 10/1. Then the special on 10/8.

(We really should have noted these breaks in the title.)

No break this Saturday

Thank you, all. Even though I find the animation lackluster compared to older DBZ movies and DB/DBZ shows, I still want to watch this series for some reason. Don't want to miss the Jiren fight whenever it happens. It's taking forever.

Kevinroc

Thank you, all. Even though I find the animation lackluster compared to older DBZ movies and DB/DBZ shows, I still want to watch this series for some reason. Don't want to miss the Jiren fight whenever it happens. It's taking forever.

Goku vs. Jiren starts during the Special on 10/8.

NeonZ

All of the movie villains are charismatic lol, the only one that is kinda lame is Bojack (which is weird since his movie is the only one to make perfect sense in the timeline).
Turles, Cooler, Broly and Janemba are all cool villains, can't say much about Slug since I've seen his movie only once and can't remember it much. Also Android 13 seems like blue Broly to me which was unfortunate since i liked him and his cockiness before fusing...

The issue with Bojack is that he has very little screentime. The movie has the tournament with the Z Warriors by themselves and also gives solo battles to some of his grunts before actually featuring him, in spite of the movie itself being only 50 minutes long. So, he basically pops up just enough to be a generic antagonist in spite of his fairly unique design.

download.png

Just one more day...

Karsha

The issue with Bojack is that he has very little screentime. The movie has the tournament with the Z Warriors by themselves and also gives solo battles to some of his grunts before actually featuring him, in spite of the movie itself being only 50 minutes long.

Yup and I think the lack of Goku + the ending being a rehash of the Cell saga kinda hurt the movie too.

As for the other replies yes the movie villains are charismatic, they have withstood time and are usually featured in all of the major dragonball media and merchandise.
A bad villain is someone no one remembers like say AvoCado or the Brain doctor from the World's strongest (movie was dope though).

Karsha

If it wasn't for Gohan and Icarus eating up half of the movie, Tree of might would have been the greatest. Everything from the arrival of the Z fighters tin the tree till the end is top notch DB at his finest.

Daingurse

I really only feel a strong affinity towards Tree of Might, The World's Strongest, and The Dead Zone. Lots of fond memories watching the Ocean Dub versions on Toonami.

Hmm, actually I guess I do really like Wrath of the Dragon too. The main villain was a giant kaiju who fought and moved like a DBZ fighter. I loved seeing the Z-Fighters try and handle that thing.

Also had this scene of Krillin running on the wall which has played a million times over as part of the Rock the Dragon intro and on Toonami and is ingrained in my memories

Haha, I got a perfect mental image of that scene with Rock the Dragon playing in my head now.

TreIII

The issue with Bojack is that he has very little screentime. The movie has the tournament with the Z Warriors by themselves and also gives solo battles to some of his grunts before actually featuring him, in spite of the movie itself being only 50 minutes long. So, he basically pops up just enough to be a generic antagonist in spite of his fairly unique design.

I still think it's amusing that Super Butoden 2 did more interesting things with Bojack and Zangya than their actual movies did.

At least their overall plot was a bit more put together...

Despite having a kinda so so villain who only loses because of his own stupidity, I thought Dead Zone had some of the best action in the series.

In fact, that's kinda the early films in summary, good action, meh to bad story.

Battle of Gods is the best film easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom