• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
s4CwQSi.png

found it

Skeeter49

Speaking of, it's annoyed me for so long that Goku has never taught Kaioken or IT to anyone.

Piccolo would have killed the androids easily after fusing with Kami if he had the Kaioken.
Cell would have been a joke.

You would think he'd try to teach Gohan and Piccolo who he trained with a lot for 3 years in preparation for the androids. There's also Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha who were all training as well. It couldn't have taken too long to teach.

Im here to vent. I'm not up to date with Japanese DBS, I'm watching it with the Latin American dub as it comes out, and I have a bone to pick with y'all.

I hate this OP's constant spoilerriffic changing thread titles. Some more than others.

Many will say it doesn't tell much but it does. It may not tell all the details but come the fuck in "don't interrupt a lady while she transforms"???? Way to spoil a goddamn female super saiyan in a freaking thread title. And it seems every time I see it bumped there's a new title with a new clue or tease for us fans that are not up to date with the Japanese airings.

Please mods think twice before putting a new thread title in this OP. Please.

Reset

Thread title isn't even referencing saiyans. Though I am surprised why the thread is still in the main OT, I thought these types of threads end up moving to community after a while.
I can see why people would be irritated by it though.

HardRojo

I really hope Piccolo learns something from the U6 Namekians to bring him up to the Saiyans level again. I really want a few episodes of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo (Gohan too if he's not busy) visiting their U6 planets too, Piccolo needs that power up.

Ashodin

It may not tell all the details but come the fuck in "don't interrupt a lady while she transforms"???? Way to spoil a goddamn female super saiyan in a freaking thread title

That's not what the title is referencing, at ALL. Don't assume. Also I take offense, my OT subtitles will almost always be something referencing what is going on without actually revealing anything.

They're also never very clever either. We don't need to change the thread title each and every week

Now you've done it. You got somethin' to say?

Skeeter49

There are a bunch of transformations in Dragon Ball that have nothing to do with saiyans, and saiyans usually transform pretty fast, so I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it was referencing female saiyans.

Dragon Ball Super having female saiyans is impossible.

I really hope Piccolo learns something from the U6 Namekians to bring him up to the Saiyans level again. I really want a few episodes of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo (Gohan too if he's not busy) visiting their U6 planets too, Piccolo needs that power up.
I think Gohan would be interested for science.
And to fight strong saiyans/ Namekians.

HardRojo

Im here to vent. I'm not up to date with Japanese DBS, I'm watching it with the Latin American dub as it comes out, and I have a bone to pick with y'all.

I hate this OP's constant spoilerriffic changing thread titles. Some more than others.

Many will say it doesn't tell much but it does. It may not tell all the details but come the fuck in "don't interrupt a lady while she transforms"???? Way to spoil a goddamn female super saiyan in a freaking thread title. And it seems every time I see it bumped there's a new title with a new clue or tease for us fans that are not up to date with the Japanese airings.

While I understand your frustration, that title was not referencing the Saiyan girls, but telling you that is already kind of a spoiler :/
The new title isn't really a spoiler without context either, and I'm not sure if previous titles outright gave away plot points, but I think your suggestion is a good one to consider for future titles, just in case.

Probably something like "you would just accidentally kill yourself" or something

Piccolo would have killed the androids easily after fusing with Kami if he had the Kaioken.
Cell would have been a joke.

You would think he'd try to teach Gohan and Piccolo who he trained with a lot for 3 years in preparation for the androids. There's also Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha who were all training as well. It couldn't have taken too long to teach.

Even ignoring Kaioken, why the hell hasn't he taught Instant Transmission to anyone?

Piccolo deserves more spotlight episodes :(
Not missing tonight's episode for sure. I totally forgot yesterday, university started so I was busy with some stuff and it didn't even cross my mind to catch episode 6.
Yeah I can understand. It's pretty cool that CN airs the episode twice a day!
U3 still has 7 fighters left

Idk toshio said he wrote an ep about them, makes me think they will last a bit
YES!! That sounds amazing :D

Sorry but this is not our fault.

LotusHD

Banned

When ya make assumptions...

I don't even recall any titles that blatantly spoiled something.

The last couple were what:

What will slip next?
Put your back into it
Waiting for Tien to be cool or whatever

Stuff like that is tame as hell...

Ashodin

Pretty much already said everything. I don't understand why we need to force new thread titles every week.

Thread titles every week are fine with me because we get to rally around what happened and if the title stayed the same for weeks on end it would get irrelevant. Things are moving so fast even now that the title gets irrelevant quickly.

People would enter the thread a month from now and go "don't interrupt a lady? Whu?" and think we're talking about Kale or something and not even know what we were really talking about. It's an episodic show, a hugely followed one at that, and we're allowed to change the title to match the discussion.

Of course it may look like I have some stake in the conversation because I regularly put forth titles to be used in OT subtitles, but I assure you I would say this even if I weren't submitting them.

Skeeter49

When ya make assumptions...

I don't even recall any titles that blatantly spoiled something.

The last couple were what:

What will slip next?
Put your back into it
Waiting for Tien to be cool or whatever

Stuff like that is tame as hell...
The last one spoils that it's rough to be a Tien fan.

Even ignoring Kaioken, why the hell hasn't he taught Instant Transmission to anyone?
Counterargument: Why hasn't anyone ever asked Goku to teach them IT, and Kaioken.

Luckily IT wouldn't really have been useful post Frieza arc. I guess Piccolo could have grabbed 17, 18, and 16, so he could IT to the lookout.
Someone weaker could have sacrificed themselves for Cell.
Trying to think when else it would have came in handy.
Maybe grabbing the Buu Cocoon and taking it away before it could hatch.
Maybe Gohan could have teleported to the Kai planet after being wished back, since Buu was there he had to be giving off enough energy for Gohan to locate him.

Idk. I think it's better to have a new one every week. Having "What Shall Slip Next?" felt outdated at some point.
Logic tells me he will have one spotlight episode when the U6 Namekians appear but then again logic told me he was going to beat Frost...

Yes, I'm still salty about that.
That was pretty lame. Piccolo was the only Z Warrior relevant in that arc and yet they found a way to not give him a win and let Vegeta and Goku take the spotlight once again. :/

Idk. I think it's better to have a new one every week. Having "What Shall Slip Next?" felt outdated at some point.

That was pretty lame. Piccolo was the only Z Warrior relevant in that arc and yet they found a way to not give him a win and let Vegeta and Goku take the spotlight once again. :/

Monaka had a W in the tournament for fucks sake.

Just awful.

Anth0ny

teaches the kids fusion dance

teaches no one instant transmission or kaioken

goku is low key selfish af. the whole innocent hillbilly with mcdonalds eyes is an act!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom