• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So it looks like Awakened types have a slight advantage over the same type offensively, and a big advantage defensively?

Noticed it in the TEQ daily. My INT guys against the TEQ enemies had the usual matchup advantages (straight arrow up for offense, diagonal arrow down for defense) while my Super TEQ guys against the TEQ enemies had a diagonal arrow up for offense and a straight arrow down for defense.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I want to start watching Dragonball now... but I'm scared of:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *powering up*
NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z
LAST TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *still powering up*

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Just watch Abridged.

How much longer for Vegeta? I honestly don't understand the PST time system they've got going

DST is an hour ahead, so you have 2 hours and 10 min or so left.

Dark_castle

Watch Team Four Star instead, and then be disappointed that the real DBZ's script is nowhere as good as the abridged parody.

chrono01

You can try watching Kai, it's what I'm doing [to refresh myself for Super].

Didn't want to wait and blew my load early.

D8Bxouk.png

Looks like you are still able to train SSR Vegeta with SR Vegeta to gain Super Lvl.

Mumups

Event's over and I never managed to get Vegeta to drop once :(
I don't have space for him on the squad anyway but feels bad man :p

Foofaraw

I was just claiming my 9th R Gohan when server maintenance hit! What a bummer. When I started I got SR Frieza, SR Tien, and SR Videl. Now I'm saving my stones for future bonus events.

I don't know that I like this game. The game itself feels very luck based, just hoping for the best orbs to hit Super Attacks unless you have certain support items. Still sucking away time like a F2P game. I think the biggest bummer is the lack of transformations in cards. It is my favorite part of Puzzles and Dragons and Brave Frontier.

Skii

Woke up early today to try and get that Vegeta... and nothing. Such a shame. Did another 6 tries on hard and just couldn't get it to drop. I think I put in total around 20 tries on normal and 25-30 on hard. He would've been perfect for my team as well lol.

Also just completed the INT awakening daily event and the servers go into maintenance just as I'm about to get my rewards. No doubt they'll disappear knowing my luck at the moment.

LNBL

This game is addictive, wish there was a naruto version too

Edit: SSR gohan and SR piccolo have been added!

Foofaraw

After maintenance, I still got my cards from the battle. Also, now I really really want Teen Gohan, as he is best Gohan/best DBZ character.

ElChado

Neo Member
HAHAH

Teen gohan SSR is now best unit on global(17 in japan), and new SSR piccolo is 3rd best unit on global(23 on japan).

All that time spent rerolling and some are already outclassed.

The others, STR SS goku is 20th on japan making him 2nd on global, and phy SS vegeta is 26th in japan making him 4th on global, and agil SS goku is 28th in japan making him the lowest rating SSR we currently have.

Skii

SSR Teen Gohan is only available for 9 days as a pack drop? Oh dear. Definitely won't get the chance to pack one of my favourite characters :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
HAHAH

Teen gohan SSR is now best unit on global(17 in japan), and new SSR piccolo is 3rd best unit on global(23 on japan).

All that time spent rerolling and some are already outclassed.

The others, STR SS goku is 20th on japan making him 2nd on global, and phy SS vegeta is 26th in japan making him 4th on global, and agil SS goku is 28th in japan making him the lowest rating SSR we currently have.
What's to laugh at? People got to play the game, get some bonus stones, get SR Vegeta.

Lord Phol

I got 50 stones, should I spend 5 at a time or just go for all 50 at once? Was thinking about that whole state of Goku theory when summoning.

Edit: Hm just saw the ssj2 gohan on the other page, might save my stones for that :d.

Lord Phol

Btw how do you change deck?
Tried doing it in team formation but it keeps using my first deck.

Nevermind I'm stupid, you do it after picking a quest and teammate >>.

ElChado

Neo Member
What's to laugh at? People got to play the game, get some bonus stones, get SR Vegeta.

I just found it funny so many people were rerolling for an SSR-heck even i tried rerolling for an SSR-and some even kept rerolling for the best versions and not one week in they are already outclassed as "best units".

I'm going to just hold onto my stones till a really really good unit comes out like from the new movies or a character i really like.

I also find it really weird, is teen gohan and piccolo really only here for a week? Would've thought they would get added to the pool. I guess if every new unit is like that, only here for a week. it technically means a lower size character pool to pull for, but SSR are already rare as heck.

Kettch

Did 4 pulls, all rares. One was Captain Ginyu though, my first rare or better INT unit, so that was nice. Really needed one.

Yaari

Does a Godfest or such, improved rates, exist on the JP version? I might hold out doing my rolls then, even though they would really help me right now.

Thankfully I just got a rare of each type now. I can save my rolls. Just got to farm materials.

I am going to hoard for Father and Son Kamahamaha.

Delio

Yeah going to save the last bit of dragonstones I have. I hope I get enough to actually try for Gohan again before he goes away.

Ducarmel

Decided to pull 5 times on the rare summon, all R, but the things that was weird is 4 of the 5 are all physical types.

I wonder if its just stupid RNG or maybe has something to do with INT awakenings are today and INT just happens to be weak to PHY types.

I guess something to test in the future rolls for me.

Skii

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but on Reddit, there have been posts about having your Z-awakened characters "Dokkan Awaken/Transform" which as the name suggests, transform the card into the next rarity as well as changing the image of the card to the appropriate transformation. This is only in the Japanese version at the moment but it's more than likely to make its way here eventually. Here are a few that I've seen:

These are the ones I can see at the moment. There are probably more as well. I'm hoping this is how we can transform Frieza/Cell to their next forms instead of another card.

Cromat

Got three rares in a row :/
Do you think this is one of these games that checks for lapsed players, so that if you avoid playing for a while you get better drops to hook you back?

Yaari

uhm when summoning, what makes the difference between gokou and ssj gokou performing the kamehame?

Probably a card with a lower appearance rate being involved. I've had friend summons with an R that werent done by SSJ Goku. I'm guessing these are common R's.

Kitoro

was saving my 50 gems for a rate up, but I'm pretty burned out anyway so I YOLO 10 Pulled and got an SR Videl and Gero, and a bunch of R garbage. Eh!

Also, are some SR units just flat-out worse than R units? I have an SR Cui at level 32 that has significantly crappier stats than my new level 22 SR Gero, and also much lower stats than my level 40 R units. Is he just trash? Kind of silly if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom