• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
tfw you forget to change your team comp and the next level is full of units that have the type advantage.

jbsL95IzMBPv3R.jpg

Skii

was saving my 50 gems for a rate up, but I'm pretty burned out anyway so I YOLO 10 Pulled and got an SR Videl and Gero, and a bunch of R garbage. Eh!

Also, are some SR units just flat-out worse than R units? I have an SR Cui at level 32 that has significantly crappier stats than my new level 22 SR Gero, and also much lower stats than my level 40 R units. Is he just trash? Kind of silly if that's the case.

Well Cui is an absolute garbage character. Not surprising at all that he is terrible in this game as well. I'm surprised he's even in this game tbh. He's not significant in any shape or form in the anime from what I remember.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wonder what Super Saiyan God Goku has for skills that make him #1. I couldn't make much out of it.

One huge difference not many people have noticed yet is the passive. You have to expand the ability menu to see it.

My STR SSR Goku has a +50% atk when ki is 5 or more
My AGL SSR Goku has +5 ki when HP is 30%or lower.

So while these two characters are similar in stats and leader abilities, STR Goku has a much better passive.

Well Cui is an absolute garbage character. Not surprising at all that he is terrible in this game as well. I'm surprised he's even in this game tbh. He's not significant in any shape or form in the anime from what I remember.
There are TONS of obscure dudes in this game. You can get the goddamn Pirate Robot on your team, and basically any of the minor dudes from tourney arcs or various Frieza/Babidi henchmen all fill out the N tier cards so there's more than just generics.

Honestly it's been one of the more fun things about the game.

They're all terrible though, lol

Wazzy

Banned
Since Gohan and piccolo were limited time I did a multi pull and got nothing but R junk. Oh well. The drop rates feel really bad so far but I'm still enjoying my time with this.

My Gatcha luck doesn't translate to this game. xD

Skii

There are TONS of obscure dudes in this game. You can get the goddamn Pirate Robot on your team, and basically any of the minor dudes from tourney arcs or various Frieza/Babidi henchmen all fill out the N tier cards so there's more than just generics.

Honestly it's been one of the more fun things about the game.

They're all terrible though, lol

Sorry, I meant as a SR, not just in the game in general. I do really like the variety of characters. Keeps battles fresh and that means so many more options to create unique teams!

But yeah, they are pretty terrible. But you could add an extra challenge to the game with using the more obscure characters as the main members of a team.

The character list on the Friend Summon shows some SR characters - has anyone ever actually seen one drop?

Someone on this thread had one drop and there has been some posts about it on reddit as well. Definitely possible but as rare as SSR I'm guessing from a standard summon.

Cruxist

So, z-awakening the N characters and then feeding them to your real team is such a good tactic. I know it's been posted in here before, but seriously. Even my high level SR guys were getting 4ish levels each time I trained them.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going to reroll on a seperate account and then if I land piccolo or Gohan I might just switch over to that account.

I've put time into mine and I have Vegeta SR but SSR Gohan or Piccolo is more tempting. :p plus my crappy rolls discouraged me on this account.

Permanently A

I'm going to reroll on a seperate account and then if I land piccolo or Gohan I might just switch over to that account.

I've put time into mine and I have Vegeta SR but SSR Gohan or Piccolo is more tempting. :p plus my crappy rolls discouraged me on this account.

Yup already doing so on Bluestacks lol. Initial account wasn't great anyway!

Hmm... I'm gonna transfer my account from bluestacks to my phone and see if I get lucky on the rerolls. But I have a feeling I'm too invested in my current account to switch.

Skii

For those rerolling, is it possible to get a SSR when Goku is not super saiyan during the pack opening animation? It's pretty rate to get a SR in that state, mind.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Almost to the point in the story where I can use my third dragon ball wish. I'm a bit relieved to have a day focused on knocking out the story quests.

I'm finding that I'm way over leveled for normal mode now.

Foofaraw

While I am bummed about the gatcha gameplay, this is the first time since I was very young that I've been excited to see a Super Saiyan.

Still can't get any good SR characters. All my best folks are either TEC or STR right now.

Yaari

I wish I could find out what type of enemy I'd find in a stage, because I constantly end up with the wrong units.

At some Ginyu stage now that's really kicking my ass. There's like 3 enemies if not more.

chrono01

Didn't want to wait and blew my load early.

Looks like you are still able to train SSR Vegeta with SR Vegeta to gain Super Lvl.
Congrats! I'm jealous.

how is everyone's SR Vegeta? Only managed to get mine to super level 2
Skill Level 1 here, I only managed one drop. :(

HAHAH

Teen gohan SSR is now best unit on global(17 in japan), and new SSR piccolo is 3rd best unit on global(23 on japan).

All that time spent rerolling and some are already outclassed.

The others, STR SS goku is 20th on japan making him 2nd on global, and phy SS vegeta is 26th in japan making him 4th on global, and agil SS goku is 28th in japan making him the lowest rating SSR we currently have.
Such is the way of gatcha games, haha.

Despite the SSR already being outclassed, they're still fine cards.

Fuuuuuuuuuck yeaaaaaaaah

Although i wanted kid gohan since He would have fit Into my str goku Team.... I know i don't have the right to whine, haha
Congrats man!

Does a Godfest or such, improved rates, exist on the JP version? I might hold out doing my rolls then, even though they would really help me right now.
Rate-Up events do exist. Global hasn't received one yet, but it's what I'm saving my stones for. The SSR Gohan/Piccolo event is highly tempting though...

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but on Reddit, there have been posts about having your Z-awakened characters "Dokkan Awaken/Transform" which as the name suggests, transform the card into the next rarity as well as changing the image of the card to the appropriate transformation. This is only in the Japanese version at the moment but it's more than likely to make its way here eventually. Here are a few that I've seen:

These are the ones I can see at the moment. There are probably more as well. I'm hoping this is how we can transform Frieza/Cell to their next forms instead of another card.
Nice, I actually have that Master Roshi!

Well he's certainly no Teen Gohan/Piccolo but I guess I'll train him. I like the super attack at least.
Congrats! A new SR is always a great feeling.

Since Gohan and piccolo were limited time I did a multi pull and got nothing but R junk. Oh well. The drop rates feel really bad so far but I'm still enjoying my time with this.

My Gatcha luck doesn't translate to this game. xD
:(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just pulled SR Gohan but I can't use him since I already have a Z-Awakened Kid Gohan on my team :(

Have you tried?
I'm able to use a SSR Goku and a R Goku just fine in the same team because their name (in big letters when viewing the card) is different.

Miletius

Pulled an SR Dr. Gero and an R Agility 18, so I'm one step closer to that all android team. I just need 2 more fillers....

I know some people are saving their dragon stones for when there is a chance to pull better summons in the future, but what about the friend summons. It has been mentioned that some people where able to pull a SR from them, so are you guys saving those as well or no?

Permanently A

I know some people are saving their dragon stones for when there is a chance to pull better summons in the future, but what about the friend summons. It has been mentioned that some people where able to pull a SR from them, so are you guys saving those as well or no?

Oh huh. I'm curious about this too, it didn't occur to me that friend summon might get a rate up event as well.

I'm waiting for it as well. I'm near level up so I'll have full stamina by the time the event hits. I'm running out of training items and this event is great for exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom