• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoM

Well just started the game yesterday ...

Did not know about the reroll so I stayed with very first one SR Goku haha

Well I do have a few questions for you pros over here ..
OK so
On the events to get let's say kid gohan and so on do I have to do them on Z or doing them a few times (1-10x) on normal would get me anywhere ?
And if not what I'm I looking at ?

PS: its been only 24h but I think I'm addicted to the game lol LV14 haha..

My cards are
SR Goku
N tien
N chiatzu
R Krilin
N yamcha

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well just started the game yesterday ...

Did not know about the reroll so I stayed with very first one SR Goku haha

Well I do have a few questions for you pros over here ..
OK so
On the events to get let's say kid gohan and so on do I have to do them on Z or doing them a few times (1-10x) on normal would get me anywhere ?
And if not what I'm I looking at ?

PS: its been only 24h but I think I'm addicted to the game lol LV14 haha..

My cards are
SR Goku
N tien
N chiatzu
R Krilin
N yamcha
You need to read each event's details to find out. In Gohan's case, you need to finish Normal. Goku and Tao requirements are different.

thaOwner

Is Tao a guaranteed drop on Hard ? Because I got on of my first try on Z hard.

not sure how even fits into my current team.

BrunoM

They should add a card collecting book to the game do u can see all cards you have collected and "keep" them in a way of speaking ..

It would be really cool

Got rekt. Fucker spammed 5 special in a row.
Used 2 stones. All in total he shot me with at least 10 dodan blast, nearly all his turn. What a cheater. I got the card on Z hard.

His special does close to 22k normally.10k if you block it with an Agi character.

His HP is probably around 100-150k.

Ducarmel

I'm not at the level to even beat it on hard so I got to grind for some time lol

Same
All the mooks being Awakened is some crap.
I will have to get to Level 60 before attempting it again.

I just tried hard with a team with four AGL types I breezed through it.

Like the Vegeta event going mono advantage type, hard is doable with minimum levels around 15-20 depending on the leader skill

So if you stack you team with AGL with decent leader AGL skills, you can do it with a team with minimum levels around 20 maybe you will have to spend an item but beating hard guarantee you will get a recovery drink back if you don't get the drop.

Lord Phol

I just tried hard with a team with four AGL types I breezed through it.

Like the Vegeta event going mono advantage type, hard is doable with minimum levels around 15-20 depending on the leader skill

So if you stack you team with AGL with decent leader AGL skills, you can do it with a team with minimum levels around 20 maybe you will have to spend an item but beating hard guarantee you will get a recovery drink bake if you don't get the drop.

Yeah this is what I've been doing on tough bosses. Just stack characters of whatever color the boss is weak against. Also helps when you get a super beefed up friend/guest.

Cromat

Leveling SRs to the point you can awaken them at level 60 takes ages... After level 30 they just grow ridiculously slow.

oneHeero

I kmow if I merge a Str with another Str I get 1.5xore but are there any guides to training peeps?
I read the part about taking the Ns to 20, awakening them and using them to train youral main guys. But I'm looking for more like a database. Do they gain abilities?

Ducarmel

He only drops after beating Z-Hard I think.
Not sure if you can get multiples. Did not try Z-Hard Goku again.

At least it is a 100% drop compared to say Vegeta.

oh its like goku?

I thought it was like vegeta. gonna try zhard tks

I just beat Tao on Z-Hard and didn't get a drop. :(
So he isn't guaranteed.

Unless the event says beat certain boss to get or clear all to get it's not a guarantee drop. If you read Tao's event banner it says chance to get.

FerranMG

A couple of questions:

- What's the purpose of friends? Is there any benefit in having lots of them? Why would I prefer adding someone over someone else?

- When fighting, do the number of ki spheres popped have anything to do with the amount of damage dealt? I know that filling up the ki bar produces a super attack, but does a "great" move deal more damage than a "good" move?

- When training characters, I know that training to characters with the same names is better, but to what extent does this work? I have two Tensian cards, but they are different. Do I train them together?

Ducarmel

A couple of questions:

- What's the purpose of friends? Is there any benefit in having lots of them? Why would I prefer adding someone over someone else?

- When fighting, do the number of ki spheres popped have anything to do with the amount of damage dealt? I know that filling up the ki bar produces a super attack, but does a "great" move deal more damage than a "good" move?

- When training characters, I know that training to characters with the same names is better, but to what extent does this work? I have two Tensian cards, but they are different. Do I train them together?

Friends just give extra friend points, and you have a reliable person who will populate your friend leader list instead of some randoms the game give.

I think great does do more damage they do a different move I noticed.

Training cards that are the same give bonus exp, and skills up the Super ATK. If the cards are different you don't get that benefit.

So training Tien that is different to another Tien wont skill up the Super ATK lv, and wont give exp bonus.

FerranMG

Friends just give extra friend points, and you have a reliable person who will populate your friend leader list instead of some randoms the game give.

I think great does do more damage they do a different move I noticed.

Training cards that are the same give bonus exp, and skills up the Super ATK. If the cards are different you don't get that benefit.

So training Tien that is different to another Tien wont skill up the Super ATK lv, and wont give exp bonus.

Thanks!

Still don't get how is the friends list populated.
Before starting a stage, I get to choose the guest character, but I don't know where are the guest characters coming from.

Yaari

Thanks!

Still don't get how is the friends list populated.
Before starting a stage, I get to choose the guest character, but I don't know where are the guest characters coming from.

Just randomly generated, so you can possibly meet new friends.

Question about Awakening, if I do an Awakening I can still turn it into a Z-Awakening once I complete all of them in the Awakening screen right? I can't actually mess things up by not doing a complete one right away?

Still need this old purple guy and some thing with sunglasses. I'm guessing they are both from Z-Hard. I won't be getting that done anytime soon.

FireVoa

On the advice of a fellow Gafer I tried rerolling and noticed it's a lengthy process of delete data, download the 230+ mb file, do tutorial and roll, repeat if terrible roll.

Is there any way to speed this process up? It always hurts getting an SR Goku or Gohan and then a terrible R roll.

Ducarmel

Question about Awakening, if I do an Awakening I can still turn it into a Z-Awakening once I complete all of them in the Awakening screen right? I can't actually mess things up by not doing a complete one right away?

Still need this old purple guy and some thing with sunglasses. I'm guessing they are both from Z-Hard. I won't be getting that done anytime soon.

you can awaken parts of cards but you will need to reach there max level pre-awakening level before fully awakening them.

On the advice of a fellow Gafer I tried rerolling and noticed it's a lengthy process of delete data, download the 230+ mb file, do tutorial and roll, repeat if terrible roll.

Is there any way to speed this process up? It always hurts getting an SR Goku or Gohan and then a terrible R roll.
try these android only for now

this one you still need to download the first part but you get to skip the tutorial.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB.../you_can_do_a_tutorial_skip_reroll_without_a/

this one does not require re-downloading but you need to have access to some hidden files with a file manager.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3dxil4/work_in_progress_reroll_without_tutorial/

Both instances you lose your first pull.

FerranMG

Just randomly generated, so you can possibly meet new friends.

Thanks.

Regarding your question, yes, you can do several awakenings and it will only be the one that completes all requirements left when you will do the Z-awakening. Mind you, one of these requirements is that the character is at max level.

So why is it that when I feed my N Yamacha to my R Yamacha the skill doesn't go up? They're different cards, but they're both Teq and both have the same Wolf Fang whatever skill. Doesn't make sense.

Dandte

Can someone Post ssr teen gohan passive pls. No PC atm and the transltated wiki makes my phone Browser crashing

Dandte

I just beat Tao on Z-Hard and didn't get a drop. :(
So he isn't guaranteed.
Congrats man! Will Post my my Team later, still doing some planing.
Managed to achieve all my goals for today
Now i hope the wiki is right with the old kaio medals, my goku wants to be ur.

Thx for the skill Info. I would really need him for my Main Team :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So why is it that when I feed my N Yamacha to my R Yamacha the skill doesn't go up? They're different cards, but they're both Teq and both have the same Wolf Fang whatever skill. Doesn't make sense.
Title isn't the same too; read about it in help menu.

oneHeero

So can Tao drop on normal? Do we grind normal? Or do you have to clear all stages before getting a chance at the drops? I got creamed in zhard numerous times.

Cyldman

Banned
Okay guys. I will say it.

I can't download the game cause its not available on my phone/country.

So I downloaded the APK.

easy right?
For some reason, it said always when I enter "hacked app" or whatever.
I though it was hacked cause well it's an APK.
Anyway, For days I spend rerolling my chars until I got SSR Picollo.

So I finally start playing.
I noticed I was tearing through all content, easy hard and zhard.
All events etc.
I was not even looking at the battle at some point.
and I though wow my SSR must be really OP shit.

Yeah no after a big while I saw that actually my APK has infinite HP and massive damage.
Kinda sad that this hacks exist, and more importantly, that I rerolled so much and I don't want this hack.
I will stop this playing this game. I don't want hacks, and if there hacks, other ppl might be using it.
Not to mention I dont wanna download a legal APK, cause maybe I will lose my SSR Picollo.
Even if not, hacks exist, and I'm not ready to move with this game if there are hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom