• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Doing the 50 pull seems like a big risk, if you dont get SSJ Goku for the pull you're sort of screwed, whereas rolling 10 times individually youve a higher chance of getting better pulls

Skii

Doing the 50 pull seems like a big risk, if you dont get SSJ Goku for the pull you're sort of screwed, whereas rolling 10 times individually youve a higher chance of getting better pulls

But imagine if you do get SSJ Goku when you go for the 50 pull. You'll probably end up with 9 SRs and a SSR, possibly even better. But obviously it's still quite a big risk. Feel like there's a 1/5 chance of Goku being SSJ when opening a pack.

Shouta

Well, individually and 10 at a time shouldn't matter if they're doing the algorithm correctly. In fact, they should be giving you better rates if you do it in one big pull, lol

Wazzy

Banned
Well, individually and 10 at a time shouldn't matter if they're doing the algorithm correctly. In fact, they should be giving you better rates if you do it in one big pull, lol

I honestly don't think they do. I did a 50 stone pull and didn't get SSJ Goku and all I got was R junk. It's just weird seeing the outcome so affected before you even pull while Treasure Cruise always felt more fair when you pulled.

Thankfully I abandoned that account for my SSR one.

BrunoM

OK so I'm kinda new still to the game about 2-3 days level 16 ... Been saving my stones got 40 because was thinking doing the pull would be good and at best get me a couple SR and maybe a SSR ...

So I'm completely wrong right ? Is it pointless ? ..
And I'm one Dragonball shy of my second 7 what should be my first 3 wishes ?

Thanks

OK so I'm kinda new still to the game about 2-3 days level 16 ... Been saving my stones got 40 because was thinking doing the pull would be good and at best get me a couple SR and maybe a SSR ...

So I'm completely wrong right ? Is it pointless ? ..
And I'm one Dragonball shy of my second 7 what should be my first 3 wishes ?

Thanks

You only get one wish, and you should wish for the stones.

Wrong. I am working towards my 4th wish. You will eventually get to select everything on his list when you progress the story enough.

Yea, after the 4th wish, the Dragon Balls will disappear. Then I guess we will have to wait for more content if what I was reading is correct.

Yaari

I don't like how my Team 2 leader is being set as a leader to my friends too. Some people deleted me because of it, lol.

RoySFNR

Depends on how much effort you want to put in. 2 SR's is good if you don't want to keep rerolling for a SSR. But I'd personally go for the Gohan. It's your call.

I've got the time to try. Played with just SR Cell up to Frieza entering the story but I never found another decent card with dragon stones and I've read that there's a point where you're unable to get any aside from events and daily gifts so that's pretty scary.

Back to rerolling I guess.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't like how my Team 2 leader is being set as a leader to my friends too. Some people deleted me because of it, lol.

It sets to the leader whatever team is on your homepage.
If you want to change it go to the team you desire and edit it then back out. It should change on the homepage.

Cromat

Are they planning on adding multiplayer to this? Seems natural since the main quest is over fairly quickly (or I have just put so many hours that I've completely lost touch with reality).

Yaari

It sets to the leader whatever team is on your homepage.
If you want to change it go to the team you desire and edit it then back out. It should change on the homepage.

Yeah. I prefer PAD where Team #1 is always your leader. I want to use my Vegeta but that doesnt mean I want my friends to see him as a leader. It's just annoying and people delete my because of it.

BrunoM

You only get one wish, and you should wish for the stones.
Yeah I know one wish at the time I mean was going for my second set of 7 balls..

And I guess the stones are the wish to make?
Wrong. I am working towards my 4th wish. You will eventually get to select everything on his list when you progress the story enough.
Oh so by myast wish they don't reset with 4 new wishes like let's say a SR card or better lol

EDIT:
Just got the 7th again will wait a bit see if any one has any advice lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah I know one wish at the time I mean was going for my second set of 7 balls..

And I guess the stones are the wish to make?

Oh so by myast wish they don't reset with 4 new wishes like let's say a SR card or better lol

EDIT:
Just got the 7th again will wait a bit see if any one has any advice lol

Just take any of them. By the time you finish the story you will be able to select each wish he offers. The only time we will see a different list of wishes is when the story gets extended in a future patch. Either way your initial wishes will be the same.

BrunoM

Just take any of them. By the time you finish the story you will be able to select each wish he offers. The only time we will see a different list of wishes is when the story gets extended in a future patch. Either way your initial wishes will be the same.
Alright thanks
Was just wondering if there was some type of better order to make wishes

Back to grinding lol

Got Tao on normal hard. Thank goodness no Z-Hard was needed.
I used my stones up. Decent Rares were found. Think I am happy with my team right now since they will at least be SR's.

Lord Phol

Just pulled a SR Videl, pondering if I should feed her my R awakened Tien or not (normal from start).

Stamina sucks bawlz in this game. I get like 3 Tao runs and then I'm out for half the day.

Yeah it's way too small, even the increase you get from leveling up becomes null since the quests increase in cost as well.

Someone started to upload some of the music from the game on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4vP6YA1GCA&list=PLiAWi5tT81I2PqBDLZC-aXms0P1CaqCaM

I kinda feel like this is unnecessary, but then I realized that was because I played the game too much.

Stamina sucks bawlz in this game. I get like 3 Tao runs and then I'm out for half the day.

The blame lies with the SR Vegeta event. At least for me, I farmed it so much that I ranked up way too high.

Tao keeps giving me support and training items and it is killing me.

Permanently A

Clever. The new event only gives you the 5 dragon stones if you awakened the R Goku. No double rerolls, sorry folks.

edit: maybe I read it wrong? I thought the popup said that but I don't see it on the news page, though the news page is different

Skii

Clever. The new event only gives you the 5 dragon stones if you awakened the R Goku. No double rerolls, sorry folks.

edit: maybe I read it wrong? I thought the popup said that but I don't see it on the news page, though the news page is different

My Goku wasn't Z-awakened and I still received the 5 dragon stones. Maybe they check to see if you have Goku before giving you the stones? I dunno. It seems too good to be true that they'd allow double re-rolls for people to "abuse".

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My Goku wasn't Z-awakened and I still received the 5 dragon stones. Maybe they check to see if you have Goku before giving you the stones? I dunno. It seems too good to be true that they'd allow double re-rolls for people to "abuse".
It's not outlandish for 2 instant rolls... Other games have done it aplenty.

Durden77

Just pulled a SR STR Tien. With Cyborg Tao of I can get him, that will be 3 STR SRs. Wish I could get some SRs in other classes...

But imagine if you do get SSJ Goku when you go for the 50 pull. You'll probably end up with 9 SRs and a SSR, possibly even better. But obviously it's still quite a big risk. Feel like there's a 1/5 chance of Goku being SSJ when opening a pack.

I did a 50 stone pull yesterday and got SSJ for the animation.

Gave me 2 SRs, STR Frieza and INT Zarbon. Everything else was an R.

It does not seem to apply to your whole pull, I think they're rolled individually.

Uthred

Well shit... now I'm tempted.

If it helps you resist temptation, I'd say that even for a gacha game the rates seem very low, I re-rolled a good bit yesterday and only got one SSR. Even your chance of getting a shot at "SSJ pulls" seems really low. Only started counting since earlier today and in ~100 pulls I got SSJ pulls ~6 times (and those were SR's). One Piece and PAD for example felt like they had better rates even outside special events.

This game makes no sense to me. I like DBZ but why do these iPhone games (both the Marvel ones too) have the worst tutorials ever with terrible designed menus everywhere? Take the hint from Apple's UI guys.

marrec

Banned
If it helps you resist temptation, I'd say that even for a gacha game the rates seem very low, I re-rolled a good bit yesterday and only got one SSR. Even your chance of getting a shot at "SSJ pulls" seems really low. Only started counting since earlier today and in ~100 pulls I got SSJ pulls ~6 times (and those were SR's). One Piece and PAD for example felt like they had better rates even outside special events.

I does feel like the R pulls are analogous to 3* in every other gacha and the SRs are 4*. In Monster Strike you can pull 4 stars like mad even out of events but this seems to be majority 3*, rarely 4*, and never 5*.

I got a team with 3 SRs right now so I think I'll keep rolling with it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom