• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7: Fragments of the Forgotten Past |OT| Roman numerals are hard

It took a long time (dumping both NA and JP ROMs, decrypting, figuring out how to replace and rebuild, etc.), but I managed to pull off the music replacement. I can confirm it does work just fine.

Late, but this is terrific news. Thanks for the heads up.

Joey Ravn

Banned
My copy arrived this morning! I'm seriously considering dropping out from Final Fantasy IV to play DQ IV to VI and catch up with this. I'm really not feeling FFIV and I'm really hyped for the DS trilogy and VII :)

When does Streetpass functionality become available in game? I'll be out and about all day Saturday and Sunday and want to have Streetpass activated so I can hopefully get some hits.

My copy arrived this morning! I'm seriously considering dropping out from Final Fantasy IV to play DQ IV to VI and catch up with this. I'm really not feeling FFIV and I'm really hyped for the DS trilogy and VII :)

That reminds me of how I'm stuck on FFIV DS... Toward the end too...

th4tguy

Broke down and "pre-ordered" the game from Amazon (got the 20% off prime discount". Comes in Tuesday though.

SuperSah

Banned
Come on... copy should be here in morning.

Come. On. :(

edit: UK Amazon price rose from £28 to £35. Good sign of popularity?

Namikaze

I forgot I ordered this on Amazon without switching my preorder to Best Buy. After the restocking fee etc, I might as well keep it. Getting 5% back on Amazon purchases too, even if that's barely anything compared to GCU. :/

Cob32

One of my favourite things about playing Dragon Quest games is reading the way they translate it in a way they give the various towns the various dialects of the U.K.

For whatever reason Amazon is sitting on my copy of the game and promises that it will be here tomorrow,but was supposed to have shipped it yesterday. So who knows. They also messed up my Transformers the Movie preorder and had it shipped from Austin to Dallas to San Antonio for whatever reason and made it arrive 2 days late.

Copy arrived today! Unfortunately I have a backlog of work work that needs to be finished in the next 48 hours that was just sprung on me but I'm going to try to sneak some playtime in.

Kyrios

For whatever reason Amazon is sitting on my copy of the game and promises that it will be here tomorrow,but was supposed to have shipped it yesterday. So who knows. They also messed up my Transformers the Movie preorder and had it shipped from Austin to Dallas to San Antonio for whatever reason and made it arrive 2 days late.

Had a similar problems earlier this year with Amazon. Packages having a delay on shipping, sent to the wrong distribution center, etc. But only when they shipped USPS, if it was UPS I always get it the day I'm supposed to.

Slime

Banned

Yeah, mine's been "Arriving tomorrow by 8pm / Being shipped today" all day. Nervous!

EDIT: Yay, updated to "On the Way."

Got the shipping notification from Amazon about 2 hours ago, promising that it'll be delivered tomorrow by 8pm.

Can't wait to hear the DQ theme, always hypes me up for the adventure!

People hate on the accents but I like them too

Love/hate here. Great for worldbuilding, characterization, flavor, all that stuff. Bad because I'm a decently fast reader and they slow me down considerably.

I really don't mind the puns. The clever ones are fun to figure out, but I just like puns. The badder, the better. Though I don't know Japanese at all, I've heard/seen (too many translator's notes) that kind of wordplay is pretty common in their media, so I also respect a localization team who tries to keep the spirit alive while replacing things that don't translate.

UPS has my physical copy, still on track for delivery tomorrow. I guess I'm going to go to sleep now and pray the digital version is unlocked at midnight. Good luck to everyone else still in limbo. Have fun to all the lucky jerks who have the game already. ;)

29415107010_59b05402f4_z.jpg

Flying get!!

Lucreto

Amazon UK increased the price from £28 to £35 which is a pain.

I am getting the game the same time as Builders as Amazon UK are using a cheap courier service which loses the game more often than not and bundling the games together makes them use a different courier.

SuperSah

Banned
Amazon UK increased the price from £28 to £35 which is a pain.

I am getting the game the same time as Builders as Amazon UK are using a cheap courier service which loses the game more often than not and bundling the games together makes them use a different courier.

I luckily got in at £28. I hope the price increase is due to the game's popularity. I've never had issues with Amazon and game releases. Mine will be here in the morning. Cue all day DQ for me!

D-Man

Amazon is shipping my order soon and I should be getting it by tomorrow.

Excited to finally give the series a go!

magnetic

Nice little detail - all buttons advance text boxes, even the dpad and shoulder buttons. Very convenient!

And this game is really, really pretty. The lower camera plus the camera rotation really makes it come alive.

Top Bottom