• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7: Fragments of the Forgotten Past |OT| Roman numerals are hard

Scrawnton

Makes me happy seeing a lot of new gamers for DQ. I expect Nintendo to label this a success, even with small first print run. I'm hoping the series interests the casual crowd eventually too. I expect DQVIII 3DS when released will have phenomenal sales, but this DQVII game should make new DQ fans

Hopefully it becomes a success. I'd like 11 in a timely manner.

I considered just getting it digitally tonight instead but that 20% discount and having a physical copy to go with my DS ones is worth it.

I have done full digital this generation since the N3ds XL was released in America. I had to go hardcopy for this game. I wanted the box as I ordered and tracked down all the other Dragon Quests and i also needed a cartridge to fill the empty slot in my 3ds.

NolbertoS

Hey guys, I'm thinking of double dipping for this game and buying it digital too. Glass boy inspired me to buy multiple copies. Already have the game physically. Heard you get a free DQVII theme from the E-shop. Can someone post a screenshot of that theme?? Thanks, GAF

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The "party chat after talking to an npc" thing isn't really working out to well in this game so far... not at all compared to 5 & 6. Just keep getting the same non-unique "go southeast to the cave" or "where'd Maeve go" for all but what, 2 maybe 3 people in town?

edit! Just touching stairs now automatically makes ya use 'em which is kinda annoying yet kinda great.

Oh an I just exited a battle, took half a step forward and got sucked into a battle cause a monster spawned right under my foot. Thank you on-screen baddies! Our saviors from high random encounter rates!

Sendou

My first Dragon Quest! Bought it today. Played a couple of hours and it's easy to see the potential. Hope it can hold my interest till the end unlike some other longer RPG's.

rockyt

Yeah i bought several physical copies as well. 1 especially to never open and admire as it sits there next to the other dragon quest physical copies. Bought digital to play the game.

Kinsei

Banned
First boss battle spoilers:
When I bought some stuff from the shop I accidentally put the wooden doll in my bag. What happens if you use it while fighting Maeve?

NolbertoS

Is there not a strategy guide for the remake? That's kind of a shame, I feel like for such a long game it could use one.

Yeah it's unfortunate. But since this games been out almost 15 years, SE and Nintendo think gamefaqs is sufficient. Still have my original DQVII PS1 strategy guide though.

Just got my copy! One of the only games I actually pre-ordered as soon as I could, I'm so glad the remake is finally available in english! Ordered on November 12, 2015.

Aeana

Ejc9dSl.jpg

My copy arrived as I got home from work. My 10 month old sons in the picture holding VII and III on SFC. They are in the picture because the announcement for VII and VIII happened the afternoon after they were born, on 11/12 this past year, so it meant a lot to me. I hope when they get older they play a DQ game and go on their own little adventure. :)

Kinsei

Banned
My copy arrived as I got home from work. My 10 month old sons in the picture holding VII and III on SFC. They are in the picture because the announcement for VII and VIII happened the afternoon after they were born, on 11/12 this past year, so it meant a lot to me. I hope when they get older they play a DQ game and go on their own little adventure. :)

Aww, they're really cute! Congrats!

Rainy

Banned

That's adorable.

Glassboy

That's super cute :D

R0ckman

I'm finding youtube actually doing damage to the virtual strategy guide scene. The next generation is too busy with lets plays instead of writing gamefaq guides so unless games are insanely popular you'll have FAQ sections blank for months or not as extensive as they were a decade ago. Only decent guides are the occasional wiki.

I'm finding youtube actually doing damage to the virtual strategy guide scene. The next generation is too busy with lets plays instead of writing gamefaq guides so unless games are insanely popular you'll have FAQ sections blank for months or not as extensive as they were a decade ago. Only decent guides are the ocassional wiki.

I haven't bought a strategy guide to use in over ten years. I bought FFXIII-2's but only because my friend made that guide.

Jayne

Yay! Just got home and opened my copy <3 feels great to finally have a physical copy of this game (in english!) in my hands. It's kinda surreal. I can't wait to spend the next two days playing it!

alf717

there's nothing extra for physical, not even a nice manual

Yea I wish we could of got the theme with physical pre-order. Will they post it on the shop to buy at some point? I hope so even though I should of gotten it free. =P I'll even take a My Nintendo release. Still happy this is out. Gonna grab DQVIII when it is ready as well.

selo

Just finished island 2
this island story wasn't as good as the first island, and the volcano's narrow passages made it kind of annoying to traverse.

Boss was fun though, spent all my herbs there, I think I got there underleveled (7). About to head to volcano island in the present time

brinstar

I had the opposite reaction to the slow start.

When I got to the first battle I was like "this is what people were complaining about?"

The intro did a great job of establishing the setting imo. The only thing I didn't like was how easy it was to open the shrine.

Aeana

I have one.

It took over an hour to get to the first battle. I don't think this game is gonna pan out well for me, but we'll see.

Why is "time to first battle" important?
It doesn't really have any bearing on the rest of the game. It's not like it's going to stop letting you fight after you start fighting or anything.

Top Bottom