• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

clarky

Gold Member
Its all very odd and going to be a lot more coming out of it, more people about to start talking
Not saying there isn't. Just saying I'm not taking a chump on twitter's word for it who's clearly out for self gain.

We've been here before many times. Dude might be guilty of fucking his grandma, but i wont speculate on that because theres no evidence. Yet.

Last edited:

nikos

Just caught the end of Doc's stream from earlier today. He mentioned stepping away from Midnight Society and I believe that was before they tweeted that.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Extended break. Basically fatigued mentally and physically from being in the limelight constantly. Fed up with social media and drama clickbaiters etc. Fed up with just the negativity in general in todays world. Might even step away from 'Midnight Society'. Seems fed up with the state of the industry in general. Hinted at it effecting his family life too.

Basically he sounded like he needs a lengthy break away from everything.

Did say he will be back though, but i get a feeling we are talking months here, maybe even a year or so.
Makes sense. And he's rich enough to make it happen.

Edit: removed something that wasn't supposed to come with, lol.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
So let me try to understand this.

1. The big dogs at Twitch paid out and terminated the Dr. for criminal acts
2. Twitch helped cover up the crimes.
3. For shits & giggles, with no NDA in place, informed twitch employee Coldy of the Dr‘s criminality.
4. Twitch employee Coby takes to twitter, using the Dr’s crimes as bait, to promote his own band.

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF
My understanding is that they didn't really catch him doing anything criminal, they caught him trying to convince an underage fan to meet up with him, but he got reported by the fan who wasn't interested.

That's real fucking bad and rightly ought to get you fired from anywhere, but it isn't something that Twitch would be considered liable for "covering up." And for many of those same reasons, going public with it is probably messy and legally risky for them, so obviously the company would prefer to just move on.

Although I also have to say, you're probably a bit naive if you think companies don't cover up crimes like this to avoid public embarrassment. I know of a story personally where an executive got caught doing something worse than what the Doctor is accused of, and they fired the guy and blacklisted him from the industry but they never went to the cops and swept it under the rug to avoid bad publicity.

My understanding is that they didn't really catch him doing anything criminal, they caught him trying to convince an underage fan to meet up with him, but he got reported by the fan who wasn't interested.

That's real fucking bad and rightly ought to get you fired from anywhere, but it isn't something that Twitch would be considered liable for "covering up." And for many of those same reasons, going public with it is probably messy and legally risky for them, so obviously the company would prefer to just move on.

Although I also have to say, you're probably a bit naive if you think companies don't cover up crimes like this to avoid public embarrassment. I know of a story personally where an executive got caught doing something worse than what the Doctor is accused of, and they fired the guy and blacklisted him from the industry but they never went to the cops and swept it under the rug to avoid bad publicity.

Understanding based on what information?

Luipadre

End of an era i guess. I liked his streams, but as a person, i thought he was always pretty stupid. Dunno what to think about the accusation being true or not, but i think he is done here for real.

clarky

Gold Member

Grooming a child is a crime here in the UK. Is it not in the states?

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The crazy part is that the game is dead without Doc. They can spin all they want, but unless irrefutable proof is let out, the fanbase that he garnered ensures their game is finished without him.

His fanbase is raucous and wants actual receipts.

I don't know. Depends on if YouTube takes action. If they do, something will have to come out.

Yup he was the only notable thing about that game. They’re cooked and they must know it, which leads me to believe there is about to be irrefutable proof of him doing something wild.

Red5

The crazy part is that the game is dead without Doc. They can spin all they want, but unless irrefutable proof is let out, the fanbase that he garnered ensures their game is finished without him.

His fanbase is raucous and wants actual receipts.

I don't know. Depends on if YouTube takes action. If they do, something will have to come out.

Yup he was the only notable thing about that game. They’re cooked and they must know it, which leads me to believe there is about to be irrefutable proof of him doing something wild.

Adds more weight to the allegation that a company would risk losing so much to cut ties with him, same as Twitch did.

The game industry has a history of making knee jerk decisions based on information from unreliable sources. Innocent lives have been destroyed because of it.

I simply find it very hard to believe that this irrefutable proof has been circling the industry and nobody has leaked even a crumb of it. This is some Area 51 level secret keeping in an environment that leaks everything.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The game industry has a history of making knee jerk decisions based on information from unreliable sources. Innocent lives have been destroyed because of it.

I simply find it very hard to believe that this irrefutable proof has been circling the industry and nobody has leaked even a crumb of it. This is some Area 51 level secret keeping in an environment that leaks everything.
And if he gets cleared I hope he makes bank off all of them

Three

I'd like to see some actual evidence or an arrest at the very least before I jump to any conclusions.
Why would there be an arrest if there is a settlement with all parties involved in the matter? It's like asking for somebody to be arrested for trespassing when the tresspasser and land owner have worked things out amicably. Doesn't mean the trespassing didn't happen either.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

True, but it’s not like they were working with a big publisher. If they booted him without proof they just tossed their game and livelihood in the trash for no reason.

clarky

Gold Member
Why would there be an arrest if there is a settlement with all parties involved in the matter? It's like asking for somebody to be arrested for trespassing when the tresspasser and land owner have worked thi gs out amicably. Doesn't mean the trespassing didn't happen either.
I don't think you can settle something like this? Tresspass is a little different to grooming a minor.

Eg. dude just killed my wife but we settled for 10 million. Case closed.

I dunno i'm not a solicitor.

Last edited:
Nah... turning a blind eye to disreputable behavior and keeping secrets is crazy commonplace where there's money/power involved. Those knee jerk reactions you mention are a response to the open secrets that persisted for so long before the metoo movement. Much of it is an overcorrection, to be sure, but it's an overcorrection that makes sense when put into a larger context.

One need only look at something like the Justin Roiland situation (which I bring up because it kind of mirrors the speculations surrounding doc) to see that burying shocking revelations is pretty standard practice. Nothing Area 51 about it. Just Tuesday.

Three

I don't think you can settle something like this? Tresspass is a little different to grooming a minor.

Eg. dude just killed my wife but we settled for 10 million. Case closed.

I dunno i'm not a solicitor.
It's usually not that clear cut. Your victim isn't dead. Micheal Jackson settled a child abuse case by paying $25M to the family that brought the case against him. Didn't make him guilty of anything but you can often settle a case with those involved and they drop charges. Nobody needs to get arrested. Murder is something else.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's usually not that clear cut. Your victim isn't dead. Micheal Jackson settled a child abuse case by paying $25M to the family that brought the case against him. Didn't make him guilty of anything but you can often settle a case with those involved and they drop charges. Murder is something else.
Michael Jackson didn't do anything though:messenger_winking:

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't MJ's case that was settled a civil matter? He still got charged and tried in a criminal court, again i could be wrong.

Edit: looks like they did settle, odd that they can do that.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Nah... turning a blind eye to disreputable behavior and keeping secrets is crazy commonplace where there's money/power involved. Those knee jerk reactions you mention are a response to the open secrets that persisted for so long before the metoo movement. Much of it is an overcorrection, to be sure, but it's an overcorrection that makes sense when put into a larger context.

One need only look at something like the Justin Roiland situation (which I bring up because it kind of mirrors the speculations surrounding doc) to see that burying shocking revelations is pretty standard practice. Nothing Area 51 about it. Just Tuesday.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Roiland situation was that he was exposed for an arrest and bail for a case that later got dropped on insufficient evidence. Before it did, fans who had interacted with him rode the wave and created the narrative that he was "grooming" individuals by dropping contact with them until they were of age upon discovery of the fact that they weren't at the time.

Nobody wants to hear the details of stuff like that though. Certainly not for someone like Justin Roiland.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
It's usually not that clear cut. Your victim isn't dead. Micheal Jackson settled a child abuse case by paying $25M to the family that brought the case against him. Didn't make him guilty of anything but you can often settle a case with those involved and they drop charges. Nobody needs to get arrested. Murder is something else.

Michael Jackson didn't do anything though:messenger_winking:

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't MJ's case that was settled a civil matter? He still got charged and tried in a criminal court, again i could be wrong.

Edit: looks like they did settle, odd that they can do that.
pDjg9VS.gif

Lol just caught up on this fiasco

So, assuming the alligation is true, twitch is either covering up a crime or he's skirting a gray area with whatever interactions he's had with the minor. If It is just outright sexting then the police should be involved but I find it hard to believe twitch is covering up a grooming incident

Last edited:
Top Bottom