• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

it seem more info is coming out in the next hours/days?

I would take anything XQC has to say with a grain of salt.

But somebody really needs to come forward with something because this entire situation is fucked. Guilty or innocent the way this is being handled is fucked.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Assuming Doc is innocent, he should get the lawers out. What a shit situation with no actual receipts.
He already did get the lawyers out when he got banned, and he can't give the PR answers people want him to give (almost definitely) because the NDA prevents him from talking any specifics about it.

clarky

Gold Member
He already did get the lawyers out when he got banned, and he can't give the PR answers people want him to give (almost definitely) because the NDA prevents him from talking any specifics about it.
I can't really imagine a situation were someone would be able to get paid out in full if they were even remotely guilty of what is being said.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
But somebody really needs to come forward with something because this entire situation is fucked. Guilty or innocent the way this is being handled is fucked.
Logic and basic law indicates that whatever happened here was not illegal. We know Twitch's enforcement is selective, and none of this, from any party, was never for public digest. The only reason we're talking about this now is because of some guy posting wild accusations on Twitter with no evidence.

We'll see what it is, but if this winds up being another Avellone-like situation, maybe we need to reevaluate the "need" for people to talk about the private affairs of e-celebs barring actual illegality.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Grooming a child is a crime here in the UK. Is it not in the states?
Not "grooming" as such, it's more like how the prosecute "conspiracy" crimes.
There has to be a stated intent and an overt act in furtherance of that. So like, someone who tells an underage girl he wants to have sex with her and buys her a plane ticket would be considered a crime, but without that overt act it wouldn't be prosecutable.

This is why when you would watch "To Catch a Predator" they would always get the guys to bring condoms or beer or something because that would constitute the overt act.

Mr.ODST

For me its the fact he never once says "I never did this, it was settled" and that's it, Instead he says "All this has been probed and settled, nothing illegal, no wrongdoing was found, and I was paid"

"No wrongdoing was found" and "I was Paid" its just proper weird SPECIFIC wording

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Not "grooming" as such, it's more like how the prosecute "conspiracy" crimes.
There has to be a stated intent and an overt act in furtherance of that. So like, someone who tells an underage girl he wants to have sex with her and buys her a plane ticket would be considered a crime, but without that overt act it wouldn't be prosecutable.

This is why when you would watch "To Catch a Predator" they would always get the guys to bring condoms or beer or something because that would constitute the overt act.
I'm pretty sure over here texting under age girls and trying to meet up with them is considered grooming, and a crime.

If its not then it should be.

hinch7

Well yeah that was huge a few years back. I mean for the Tweet. He could sue Cody for defamation, assuming of course that it is not true.
For me its the fact he never once says "I never did this, it was settled" and that's it, Instead he says "All this has been probed and settled, nothing illegal, no wrongdoing was found, and I was paid"

"No wrongdoing was found" and "I was Paid" its just proper weird SPECIFIC wording
He's under NDA and likely cannot comment on the specifics on the case. Which includes directly acknowledging or denying subjects around the matter.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'm pretty sure over here texting under age girls and trying to meet up with them is considered grooming, and a crime.

If its not then it should be.
I agree it should be and I'm also not really an expert in this, but I know the law has a high bar when it comes to "planning to do something" crimes. Like you can come up with a plan to rob a bank, but until you go out and buy the ski masks or some other "overt act in furtherance of the crime" you can't be prosecuted.

Like I said there's a reason why To Catch a Predator would always make these guys bring something or buy something.

clarky

Gold Member
I agree it should be and I'm also not really an expert in this, but I know the law has a high bar when it comes to "planning to do something" crimes. Like you can come up with a plan to rob a bank, but until you go out and buy the ski masks or some other "overt act in furtherance of the crime" you can't be prosecuted.

Like I said there's a reason why To Catch a Predator would always make these guys bring something or buy something.
Yeah just checked, over here its a criminal offence and you get busted instantly.

danklord

Gold Member
Having worked with him on various projects, this is brutal. As a professional, he was one of the best streamers to work with period.

He's a sharp person, if he did anything, it wasn't a mistake. If true it's either a pattern of a gross abuse of power or a symptom of a deep underlying issue, which makes this even more disappointing. Everyone who worked with him believed in him.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Having worked with him on various projects, this is brutal. As a professional, he was one of the best streamers to work with period.

He's a sharp person, if he did anything, it wasn't a mistake. If true it's either a pattern of a gross abuse of power or a symptom of a deep underlying issue, which makes this even more disappointing. Everyone who worked with him believed in him.

Not really commenting on what you're saying, but just wanted to say I think your username is pretty clever and I got a chuckle out of it when I read it.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm the Occam's Razor sane non conspiracy theory camp.
ZOXhdmF.png

j0hnnix

This Is How It Ends The End GIF by Breaking Bad

Damn Doc. Just right when I get my One Shot shirt. Now he's one shot.

Waiting for the truth to come out but the 1 12AM statement is a huge hammer hit to the nail on the Doc's coffin after 4 years since his initial twitch ban.

skit_data

Haven't watched him, barely know who the guy is because I simply don't understand the entertainment value of streamers but...

The timing of that music when he supposedly gets the message is simply priceless.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No idea whether it's true or not. But:

-The company stepping away from him probably doesn't know anything we don't know. As others have mentioned, remember the Chris Avellone situation. The gaming industry is a particularly cowardly and reactionary place.

-How satisfying or unsatisfying a statement of denial is does not indicate whether it's true or not, especially when guided by legal requirements from NDAs and lawyers et al.

-Stepping away from one of these situations while a frenzied witch hunt is in progress also does not indicate guilt, as there is no winning once it's in full swing.

As it stands, we're still looking at hearsay from some guy who was attempting to promote his band with it (???), which is a bizarre and not very credible source. Best not to jump to conclusions until more information comes out.

DryvBy

"No wrongdoing was found" and "I was Paid" its just proper weird SPECIFIC wordinthe "nothing illegal"

-The company stepping away from him probably doesn't know anything we don't know. As others have mentioned, remember the Chris Avellone situation. The gaming industry is a particularly cowardly and reactionary place.

-How satisfying or unsatisfying a statement of denial is does not indicate whether it's true or not, especially when guided by legal requirements from NDAs and lawyers et al.

-Stepping away from one of these situations while a frenzied witch hunt is in progress also does not indicate guilt, as there is no winning once it's in full swing.

As it stands, we're still looking at hearsay from some guy who was attempting to promote his band with it (???), which is a bizarre and not very credible source. Best not to jump to conclusions until more information comes out.

I'm confused why people are assuming guilt automatically too. There's someone on this page 49 saying he won't just come out and say he did nothing wrong while quoting that Doc said "nothing illegal happened".

Underage grooming or sexting is illegal, so he is denying it happened probably within the confounds of the NDA.

If he's innocent (I'm assuming yes, certain media and people hate him and have tried to ruin him every other year because success isn't exactly hip with communists), I hope he sues every last person in the games media pushing this. If he's not, burn baby burn.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Banned
His own company presumed his innocence, and then upon investigating themselves, cut all ties with him.
Additionally, the fact that he hasn't sued means a lot, because then it would all go public. Keep in mind this dude got caught filming bathrooms before.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Keep in mind this dude got caught filming bathrooms before.
Disingenuous trash post. Got 'caught', lol, like he had a hidden camera to watch people poop or something and the FBI through diligent investigative work traced it back to him. Anyone who saw the stream knows it was a big nothingburger.

And strangely the same people who were so indignant about the bathroom thing don't seem to say anything when their side films in bathrooms to celebrate not being in the other bathroom if ya know what I mean.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Disingenuous trash post. Got 'caught', lol, like he had a hidden camera to watch people poop or something and the FBI through diligent investigative work traced it back to him. Anyone who saw the stream knows it was a big nothingburger.

And strangely the same people who were so indignant about the bathroom thing don't seem to say anything when their side films in bathrooms to celebrate not being in the other bathroom if ya know what I mean.
Guess I am just one of those get off my lawn old guys but I don't remotely call streaming from a bathroom a nothingburger

If I was one of those dads and he caught my kid using the urinal on a live stream we are going to have problems

Solidus_T

Banned

"Their side" very telling and curious - what do you mean by this? Also the situation that you have outlined here is not only completely unrelated, but fabricated as well.
The fact remains that DrDisrespect has proven to be incredibly reckless before. He has NOT pursued twitch legally in civil court, which is telling in itself, and his own company cut ties after behaving rationally and assuming innocence. Ultimately, we will all have to wait and see, but this post of yours reeks of culture war trash and vitriol.

Guess I am just one of those get off my lawn old guys but I don't remotely call streaming from a bathroom a nothingburger

If I was one of those dads and he caught my kid using the urinal on a live stream we are going to have problems
People here seem to be taking the charges against DrDisrespect personally. Weird cultish behavior. He's a rich, reckless idiot that behaves like a child in public, yet it's okay because he's a streamer I guess.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member

We live in an era where a lot of weird things are normalized, especially in the stream/social media and influencer culture.

Solidus_T

Banned
What charges are those?
Whatever it was that Twitch and Midnight Society have cut ties with him over. The parties involved are actually dealing with this in a rational way, keeping everything private until it is settled. If they file criminal charges, we will see, and if they settle, we will also find out. This is actually better than a public witch trial with accusations flying around over social media, so take from that what you will.

clarky

Gold Member
Whatever it was that Twitch and Midnight Society have cut ties with him over. The parties involved are actually dealing with this in a rational way, keeping everything private until it is settled. If they file criminal charges, we will see, and if they settle, we will also find out. This is actually better than a public witch trial with accusations flying around over social media, so take from that what you will.
No charges at all then.

Solidus_T

Banned
No charges at all then.
Do you think nothing happened at all and that DrDisrespect, who has a shitty reputation for being a reckless loser (like most streamers) is the victim of some conspiracy to oust him from his own company and twitch? Or is something more serious underway?

clarky

Gold Member
Do you think nothing happened at all and that DrDisrespect, who has a shitty reputation for being a reckless loser (like most streamers) is the victim of some conspiracy to oust him from his own company and twitch? Or is something more serious underway?
This was all done and dusted 4 years ago until some chump on twitter tried to profit from it by promoting his band. Why would you believe him?

Do i think Twitch paid out his whole contract after they found out he was grooming a teenager? In the absence of any arrests or actual proof, no I do not. Just ridiculous.

Until there is some actual evidence then I have no opinion. Like i said earlier this wild jumping to conclusion cancel nonsense ruins peoples lives.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Banned
This was all done and dusted 4 years ago until some chump on twitter tried to profit from it by promoting his band. Why would you believe him?

Do i think Twitch paid out his whole contract after they found out he was grooming a teenager? In the absence of any arrests or actual proof, no I do not.

Until there is some actual evidence then I have no opinion. Like i said earlier this wild jumping to conclusion cancel nonsense ruins peoples lives.
There we go, the Drake defense. "If [he] did something, he would be behind bars!" How naive that you have so much faith in the justice system, especially when so many well known criminals walk free.
Just on the topic of shitty twitch streamers, I can name one who actually got caught asking for nude photos from underage girls and was only banned, no criminal charges. Hashinshin.
- and to the last point, also laughably naive. While I tend to agree about people losing their jobs before the result of any court procedure, you are not one of the parties involved, so you are not entitled to any information right now until it is done.

clarky

Gold Member
There we go, the Drake defense. "If [he] did something, he would be behind bars!" How naive that you have so much faith in the justice system, especially when so many well known criminals walk free.
Just on the topic of shitty twitch streamers, I can name one who actually got caught asking for nude photos from underage girls and was only banned, no criminal charges. Hashinshin.
- and to the last point, also laughably naive. While I tend to agree about people losing their jobs before the result of any court procedure, you are not one of the parties involved, so you are not entitled to any information right now until it is done.
I am aware who this guy is, but i do not watch streamers.

"If [he] did something, he would be behind bars!" How naive that you have so much faith in the justice system, especially when so many well known criminals walk free.
When did i say that?

You go ahead and brand the guy a paedophile if you like on the word of some random guy on twitter, i'll wait for something more substantial.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I'm confused why people are assuming guilt automatically too. There's someone on this page 49 saying he won't just come out and say he did nothing wrong while quoting that Doc said "nothing illegal happened".

Underage grooming or sexting is illegal, so he is denying it happened probably within the confounds of the NDA.

If he's innocent (I'm assuming yes, certain media and people hate him and have tried to ruin him every other year because success isn't exactly hip with communists), I hope he sues every last person in the games media pushing this. If he's not, burn baby burn.
We live in a time where you’re guilty until you’re not. Johnny Depp comes to mind.

Because he’s under agreement which limits what he can say.

His point is that Dr Disrespect wasn't going up to the urinals to record little kids with their pants down. He was being a retarded dumb fuck who lacked basic common sense. People are using that bathroom situation as some sort of proof that he is a pedo.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

They mentioned that "they spoke to all parties involved" (I'm paraphrasing). They accomplished all that within a couple days? Somehow located and spoke to this girl in question, whoever she is, if it's true and she even exists, and then spoke to DD, and whoever else is involved in this whole scenario(I'd assume Twitch). And somehow this game studio is able to get all their stories, parse out all the information, verify it, and come with a conclusion on innocence or guilt? It's not like the FBI conducted this investigation.

I've said before I really have no opinion on the matter and I don't know if the studio did or didn't do a thorough follow up and get to the bottom of the truth, but I'll say it seems very fast and convenient for them to have done all this extensive digging in just a couple of days, if so. Usually this type of stuff takes a lot longer.

We've seen the virtue signaling rot in the industry before, so it can't be counted out here.

But my opinion on the matter hasn't really changed. I'll wait for more info to come out, but I'll say if these allegations are false it's time for DD to pursue legal action(if doable).

Last edited:

Toons

I don't really give a shit about streamers or the controversy around them. Most of them are just adolescent adults that failed to grow up anyway, point being that I don't know or care what he did or didn't do.

But...

I just find it interesting that this is the reason why, sending an explicit whisper to a minor, that twitch would then have an issue and ban him, when a huge percentage of their profit comes from booby streamers openly live on air courting minors and trying to make them sub to their onlyfans or pushing the limits of the ToS to get money from young boys.

Kind of a kettle meet pot situation.

But this is also a random tweet from a guy who seems to farm this controversy for fame so either way you can't trust much of what's going on in the socials

Twitch isn't really for kids, and openly features content that isnt for kids. Its up to the kids parents to monitor their internet behavior, not twitch, same as anything else.

Entirely different situation than what is happening here.

Solidus_T

Banned
I am aware who this guy is, but i do not watch streamers.

When did i say that?

You go ahead and brand the guy a paedophile if you like on the word of some random guy on twitter, i'll wait for something more substantial.
To the first point, neither do I really. The difference is that I don't take it personally when one of them gets in trouble for something. That is weird.

And here you submit the Drake defense:
Do i think Twitch paid out his whole contract after they found out he was grooming a teenager? In the absence of any arrests or actual proof, no I do not. Just ridiculous.
Essentially, because there hasn't been an arrest, you don't believe anything happened. Hashinshin is a great example of how it doesn't always pan out legally and sometimes these people get a slap on the wrist.
Obviously he is in trouble for something, and people speculate that it is messaging someone, but until it is settled, we will not know.

His point is that Dr Disrespect wasn't going up to the urinals trying to purposely record little kids with their pants down. He was just being a retarded dumb fuck who lacked basic common sense. People are using that bathroom situation as some sort of proof that he is a pedo.
I'd like to emphasize the bolded. Most streamers act like there are no consequences to anything they do and some of them barely find out. This is probably one of those situations.

Toons

I would take anything XQC has to say with a grain of salt.

Entirely possible that if theres another party, the other partys/their family wants to stay out of the spotlight. Even with cover ups and fake names their info would come out eventually, thats just how the internet goes.

I wanna see everyone make it through this unscathed, not because of any loyalty to Dr D but because thats the most wholesome outcome.

clarky

Gold Member
And here you submit the Drake defense:

Essentially, because there hasn't been an arrest, you don't believe anything happened. Hashinshin is a great example of how it doesn't always pan out legally and sometimes these people get a slap on the wrist.
Obviously he is in trouble for something, and people speculate that it is messaging someone, but until it is settled, we will not know.
That's not what i said. I'll just quote myself.
Unless you think a couple of tweets is actual proof.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Banned
That's not what i said. I'll just quote myself.
And to that, let me quote myself again:
you are not one of the parties involved, so you are not entitled to any information right now until it is done.
If they decide to file criminal charges, public release of any info would undermine the jury. This is something that will go public if he 1. sues Twitch, or 2. waits until a settlement is reached between all parties.

clarky

Gold Member
And to that, let me quote myself again:

If they decide to file criminal charges, public release of any info would undermine the jury. This is something that will go public if he 1. sues Twitch, or 2. waits until a settlement is reached between all parties.
Ok?

Do you think he is a paedophile?

Edit :Simple question mate, im not sure why you are coming at me lol.

Last edited:

Toons

Twitch is the OnlyFans free trial.

Theres two sides to it. My brother was always the main twitch watcher when we lived with our parents.he was an avid dr disrespect watcher too, which is how i know about him. Even then our folks knew you could find boob streamers of you were looking bur they understood that letting your kid on the internet at all is a way for them to access boobs lol. Me an him never got into that sort of thing. But its not hard for it to happen at all.

Top Bottom