• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

tkscz

I have no idea as what is true or not here but WTF is this latest tweet from the band dude...

wtf-what.gif

I'm not even sure what he's attempting to say. Is this an apology? To who? What is he even talking about?

Thyuda

He's a completely irrelevant person to me, I don't watch Twitch streamers and I have never seen his content. I don't have a horse in this race.

What I am saying is that, objectively, there's more to suggest the accusations are true than that they are false. It explains the heretofore unexplained and weird circumstance of his firing, there are multiple people who would have knowledge of the situation corroborating each other and I don't see any clear ulterior motives for why they would do that. That story fits and makes sense.

The story that he didn't do anything horrifying but just got fired from a massive contract at the height of his popularity for not doing anything wrong (even though he still hasn't offered any other explanation) and then a bunch of people all decide to tell the same story about why it happened -- yeah it's POSSIBLE, but you have to admit, there are a lot more holes in THAT story than the other one.

I'd say it's like 80/20 in favor of guilt and that might not be enough to convict a man in court but I sure wouldn't want to DEFEND a person like that.
You sure seem like you have no horse in this race, writing paragraph after paragraph about a person that's completely irrevelant to you.

And there's nothing objective about your tea leaf readings, quite literally.

Like I said, weird, man.

near

Gold Member
What’s the rules if you do sext someone but didn’t know they were a minor? Maybe that’s what he did, and once he found out he stopped.

I’m unsure if that even matters 😂
That's also very plausible if the allegation was true.

The largest demographic for these streamers are by and large kids. One of the biggest streamers currently on Twitch just went to North West's birthday party (Kanye West's daughter), chilled with her and her friends and documented it all. She's 11, he's 22. Personally I think this is weird as fuck even if he's basically a celebrity and she is a fan.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
People act like him breaking an NDA is gonna instantly send him to jail or something. Worst case scenario he loses some money, which not only can he make back and likely doesn't need, but is also vastly trumped by the need to actually refute these very serious accusations.

"No wrongdoing acknowledged" is the sort of phrase you hear when people are discussing plea bargains and legal settlements in court, not when someone is trying to publicly deny the allegation of being a groomer.
They apparently paid out his full contract, which was reported to be eight figures, as part of the settlement. "He can make it back", lol. Meanwhile on GAF there's untethered rage because the price of a new game finally went up 10 bucks after a decade or two.
I'm not even sure what he's attempting to say. Is this an apology? To who? What is he even talking about?
Don't you understand? He's in a hella sick emo band, okay? That means he is an amazing lyricist, and you are being blessed with just a taste of the ambrosia that is his poetry.

londontko

He's a completely irrelevant person to me, I don't watch Twitch streamers and I have never seen his content. I don't have a horse in this race.

What I am saying is that, objectively, there's more to suggest the accusations are true than that they are false. It explains the heretofore unexplained and weird circumstance of his firing, there are multiple people who would have knowledge of the situation corroborating each other and I don't see any clear ulterior motives for why they would do that. That story fits and makes sense.

The story that he didn't do anything horrifying but just got fired from a massive contract at the height of his popularity for not doing anything wrong (even though he still hasn't offered any other explanation) and then a bunch of people all decide to tell the same story about why it happened -- yeah it's POSSIBLE, but you have to admit, there are a lot more holes in THAT story than the other one.

I'd say it's like 80/20 in favor of guilt and that might not be enough to convict a man in court but I sure wouldn't want to DEFEND a person like that.
Perfectly stated.

Toots

Gold Member

You do realize that searching for a seemingly coherent causality between different facts that goes along with your opinion and building a narrative from there is exactly what a conspiracy theorist does ?

It's only because you're on the side of "good" you don't get called on it as much.

Last edited:

laynelane

You do realise that the Twitch ban happened 3 years ago? A ban that allowed Twitch to no longer honour their contractual obligation to Dr Disrespect? The one he took them to court over and won, subsequently being paid? If he did anything to breach the contract and ToS, Twitch wouldn’t have had to have paid him a dime. I suppose we don’t know the finer details of he’s contract, and this doesn’t exactly prove much but the burden of proof is not on Dr Disrespect.

We have no evidence against him other than some guy on twitter saying “trust me bro, I use to work for Twitch.”

Dr Disrespect has a wife and kids. Allegations like this come with significant consequences and it’s absolutely staggering how insistent people are that crimes have been committed without evidence, and then have the audacity to demand a public crucifixion. We’ve seen this time and time again, and no one cares to say sorry when it turns out the accusations were on the opposite side of the truth.

Thank you. This witch hunt mentality is very jarring to see. Especially since we've been through it so many times already and, despite it all, people are still so susceptible to pulling out the proverbial pitchforks for little to no reason.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I don't want to join a pile up, but come on man? Assigning percentages of guilt probability without a single shred of evidence being presented? "oh you know a lot of people are saying he did it and well, i didnt like his reaction... GUILTY GUILTY, I SAY GUILTY!"

Vlodril

Doc isn't helping himself and only digging deeper by not addressing the allegations directly and refuting them, the fact that the studio he helped founding also dumped him as soon as they spoke to sources also doesn't help him.

Contrast Doc's actions to Chris Avellone who fired back almost immediately and sued to get a retraction.

If i remember correctly Avellone took quite a bit of time to sue. I think he wrote a comment/letter whatever and he mentioned that at the beginning he was stunned. Actually reached out to apologize because he wasn't sure what he did wrong etc.

Anyway again this seems like it will come out whatever it is but even if doc is in the wrong here people still jump to witch hunting with no info whatsoever. My 2 cents. My feelings etc etc. What does it hurt to wait to judge something until you actually have info and not knee jerk react to everything?

Shut0wen

Banned
Cody being a former employee of Twitch definitely gives him some credence so far as to being privy to some of the inner workings of the company. But there are several points that I think are key here:

1. Is he truthful? Can you trust just he’s word? Unless you have a personal relationship with this individual, he’s word is not suffice, and he has failed to substantiate he’s claims in any sort of meaningful way.
2. He leveraged the Doc ban to sell tickets for he’s event. How can someone sincere do this?
3. Twitch has refrained from publicly addressing the ban for 3 years. Doc is legally tied from discussing it. How is a former Twitch employee able to discuss it? This is only plausible to me if Cody’s statement is factually inaccurate.
4. Why haven’t other Twitch or former Twitch employees corroborated the allegations?
5. Why did he decide to share this now? If current and former Twitch staff have been able to share and leak this information without consequence, why is this happening now?

I don’t know if the allegations are true or not, they very well might be. But let's be honest, there is absolutely nothing here to scrutinise over other than the ramifications of the allegation itself.
He took twitch to court and both agreed to the ban, theres clearly evidence hes a massive peado, if it dr disrespect didnt do it he would of sued them which he hasnt

Something is not lining up, if this guy did or tried to do something really bad, I mean, criminal bad, how Twitch still allowing his emotions on the website... makes no sense. Feels like more fucking drama for nothing, imo.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
he knows the majority of his fanbase are minors
Fair, but let’s not dismiss that a young girl with make up and photoshop can’t make herself look older.

In my mind I could see it being the scenario I just said. Twitch says we are terminating you because of this. He consults a lawyer who says they can’t do that you didn’t do anything wrong by the law. They go to court and have to pay him out, and the terms are neither can discuss why or what happened, and they don’t want anything to do with him again.

That’s the likely scenario but keep in mind this scenario is based off the ramblings of a totally unreliable source so…. Yeah.

I think his company firing him from the game and turtle beach parting ways is bull shit unless they have proof. Odds are they can’t get any proof but don’t want the backlash if they held into him IF it came to light it is true.

Guilty without proof. State of the world.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
wtf-what.gif

He apologizing for those tweets of his that got dug up where he was advertising he knew something about Doc’s ban to sell tickets to his bands shows.

Then some random shit about how he’s not being sued (yet) and that someone else is digging up the actual Twitch case info and he’s in a race with them or something.

I want to tear my eyes out after reading that a few times. I don’t think this person is sober and that ain’t alcohol lol

clarky

Gold Member
He took twitch to court and both agreed to the ban, theres clearly evidence hes a massive peado, if it dr disrespect didnt do it he would of sued them which he hasnt
Not sure if this is a serious post or not, but reads like you typed it with a steak bake.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Fair, but let’s not dismiss that a young girl with make up and photoshop can’t make herself look older.

In my mind I could see it being the scenario I just said. Twitch says we are terminating you because of this. He consults a lawyer who says they can’t do that you didn’t do anything wrong by the law. They go to court and have to pay him out, and the terms are neither can discuss why or what happened, and they don’t want anything to do with him again.

That’s the likely scenario but keep in mind this scenario is based off the ramblings of a totally unreliable source so…. Yeah.

I think his company firing him from the game and turtle beach parting ways is bull shit unless they have proof. Odds are they can’t get any proof but don’t want the backlash if they held into him IF it came to light it is true.

Guilty without proof. State of the world.
It seems screenshots have been shared of chat to the proper channels

How deep this rabbit hole goes only a handful of people know, so far

Can you show me this verification, please?

What do you know of what events?
There has been more than one person come forward but only talking to the proper people and not doing it on Twitter

This info is out there

Arsic

There has been more than one person come forward but only talking to the proper people and not doing it on Twitter

This info is out there
Link to chats?

My buddy showed me a hilarious tweet of someone paying actual Chris Hansen to do a video about Doc and telling him to take a seat. Hilarious.

clarky

Gold Member

This info is out there
Come forward to who? Hopefully the proper people are the authorities?

near

Gold Member

This info is out there
Can you link to where you read this please? And who are the other sources?

tkscz

He apologizing for those tweets of his that got dug up where he was advertising he knew something about Doc’s ban to sell tickets to his bands shows.

Then some random shit about how he’s not being sued (yet) and that someone else is digging up the actual Twitch case info and he’s in a race with them or something.

I want to tear my eyes out after reading that a few times. I don’t think this person is sober and that ain’t alcohol lol
So all this was for attention and now some other third party is trying to bring this back up from three years ago after everyone forgot about it?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Link to chats?

My buddy showed me a hilarious tweet of someone paying actual Chris Hansen to do a video about Doc and telling him to take a seat. Hilarious.
Screenshots of said chats

Come forward to who? Hopefully the proper people are the authorities?
I hope the actual authorities are going to be involved as well

Can you link to where you read this please? And who are the other sources?
The Verge for one said a second former Twitch employee has come forward

IntentionalPun

So all this was for attention and now some other third party is trying to bring this back up from three years ago after everyone forgot about it?
I mean maybe? That’s not what he’s admitting to. He’s not taking back the accusation at all. He’s just saying it was wrong to use his knowledge for personal gain, with some weird explanation that the information was “normalized” in the circles he ran in.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
The part about screenshots being shared through proper channels. Source for this?

I just read The Verge article and they did mention an anonymous second source, that "worked on Twitch’s trust and safety team at the time of the ban in 2020" haven't read that anywhere else tbf.

Pop

What’s the rules if you do sext someone but didn’t know they were a minor? Maybe that’s what he did, and once he found out he stopped.

I’m unsure if that even matters 😂
Possible

But real stupid of DrD to be "sexting" through Twitch DMs. Just utterly retarded

londontko

You do realize that searching for a seemingly coherent causality between different facts that goes along with your opinion and building a narrative from there is exactly what a conspiracy theorist does ?

It's only because you're on the side of "good" you don't get called on it as much.
What the hell are you even talking about? You just described how EVERYONE forms an opinion... Including yourself.

What part of his logic do you have a problem with exactly?

Arsic

Possible

But real stupid of DrD to be "sexting" through Twitch DMs. Just utterly retarded
I mean he cheated on his wife and he went to the bathroom with a camera live.

This isn’t a man doing smart shit.

Screenshots of said chats

I hope the actual authorities are going to be involved as well

Unless everything Doc has said in both of his statements is blatantly untrue he hasn't done anything the authorities will give a shit about.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Possible

Keep in mind “sexting” might be greatly exaggerated.

Dude like that basking in fame flirting via messages would hardly be rare back when these events allegedly occurred, which would have been around 2019.

And would also explain why he got paid out and no authorities seemed to have been involved. Could be “inappropriate” but not remotely illegal messages were sent.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

People like Ninja have to be careful which side of the fence they land on here and he could have easily said he wasn't addressing it
Yeah chose to get in front of whatever he heard was coming out instead of staying silent.

We’ll see. Could just be the people saying something is coming out are looking for attention or could be something to it.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding, but isn't Ninja literally just commentating on the situation as an outsider? That tweet makes it sound like Ninja is saying they found something as if he knows. But it sounds like hes coming to that conclusion because they let him go.

I could be wrong.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Maybe i'm misunderstanding, but isn't Ninja literally just commentating on the situation as an outsider? That tweet makes it sound like Ninja is saying they found something as if he knows. But it sounds like hes coming to that conclusion because they let him go.

I could be wrong.
Yeah he’s commenting on the situation.

Doesn’t necessarily mean much but just wanted to post it, him not staying quiet might not mean anything but people shook for sure lol. Ninja definitely has lots of contacts but doesn’t mean he’s actually talked to anyone.

Anyways gonna go back to waiting for more info myself.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

That's also very plausible if the allegation was true.

The largest demographic for these streamers are by and large kids. One of the biggest streamers currently on Twitch just went to North West's birthday party (Kanye West's daughter), chilled with her and her friends and documented it all. She's 11, he's 22. Personally I think this is weird as fuck even if he's basically a celebrity and she is a fan.
Nah, that's all about clout. Queen Kim invited him to do so and he obviously jumped at the opportunity. He is pretty big already so you could argue he didn't need to, but he's made big connections.

In any other context it would be weird, I agree.

IntentionalPun

The reasons for his banishment from Twitch were never given, but three people with knowledge of the matter said Beahm was removed because he exchanged sexually explicit messages with a minor through the service's direct chat feature. He also asked a minor about her plans at the TwitchCon convention, according to two of the people, who asked not to be identified discussing such a sensitive matter. A complaint was later filed with Twitch through its reporting system, the two said.

I’m half expecting all we’ll get out of this are employees making claims. Doubt anyone has receipts as they’d need to have taken screenshots or something.

Last edited:

KellyNole

Cameos make me sad sometimes. Chris Hansen sleepily reading a script about Dr Disrespect from his absolutely tiny apartment :pie_sad_relieved:

Chris Hansen has had his own issues, including affairs with others 20 years younger than them. His actions probable let his Wife take a good chunk of change when they divorced in 2018.

SJRB

Gold Member
Its been a few people now

A few people what? Regurgitating each other? Or do you really believe that suddenly they’re all privy to some secret information? So they all know something that can ruin a man’s career and they all hint at it but no one names facts because… why?

It’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom