• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A few people what? Regurgitating each other? Or do you really believe that suddenly they’re all privy to some secret information? So they all know something they can run a man’s career and they all hint at it but no one names facts because… why?

It’s ridiculous.
Yes I believe several people would decide to get together and all say the same thing to these people, not to mention the ones talking in private about it

A few people providing no evidence is still no evidence. I’m sure I could find 4 people willing to say that you eat kittens for breakfast.

Haven’t we’ve had enough examples now to realize social media is a circus where people fight for attention and not a court of law?
Thing is I haven't been fired under secrecy and then give world salad lawyer speak non denial and have my sponsors instantly drop me when they conduct their own investigation

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thing is I haven't been fired under secrecy and then give world salad lawyer speak non denial and have my sponsors instantly drop me when they conduct their own investigation

People will drop you like a hot potato even if you’re innocent, see avellone or depp. And the reaction is always interpreted as proof of guilt - we’ve been there before. As for the firing, who knows but he had a multimillion contract specifically to keep him away from mixer and mixer folded 2 days before twitch banned him.

Yes I believe several people would decide to get together and all say the same thing to these people, not to mention the ones talking in private about it
This happened to me once. I was an IT guy at a hospital. Some nurse hated me for some reason. She got 2 other nurses together, and they went in and told HR that was calling them all "heffers" cause they were all fat. I've never said that word in my life, got called into HR, fired on the spot. I'm also blacklisted from ever working at that company again. The Director tried to hire me a few years later for a higher role.

the HR lady that fired me was an ex dallas cowboy cheerleader . . . didn't care about anything I had to say about it.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Honestly. This is a bad look for his streaming persona and his personal life. The media train has started up and is in full throttle, only way out of this is Beahm shows proof nothing happened or he's done.

Indeed. It’s important to note business relationships are inherently marketing oriented. It takes courage for a brand to stand behind someone in the face of allegations as most people will align your brand with their actions.

When the allegations are severe and you have marketing deals with people you don’t intimately know, it becomes a rather easy choice as a business to cut ties simply to de-risk the stain on your brand as a guilty verdict is your worst nightmare but most people don’t even need a guilty verdict to begin judging your brand.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
People will drop you like a hot potato even if you’re innocent, see avellone or depp. And the reaction is always interpreted as proof of guilt - we’ve been there before. As for the firing, who knows but he had a multimillion contract specifically to keep him away from mixer and mixer folded 2 days before twitch banned him.
Did they also not get proven innocent and even get paid in the end?

At least Avellone got some sort of settlement awarded to him

If Doc is innocent I hope he sues everyone and win big bank, have said that before and people will still flock to his stream likely bigger than before

I am just not sweeping it under the rug because look what happened to Avellone or Depp, this shit needs to be dug into not only on Doc but apparently Twitch as well

Brock2621

GQ7up4qXAAAfdKn

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is about as credible as the allegations, but it's going to be fun seeing people dismssing this email whilst believing all the anonymous bullshit we've seen from the other side.
When the media reports on someone “anonymously” the person didn’t contact them anonymously. They contacted them and verified their identity.

It’s not the same thing, the media doesn’t report on randomly sent emails from anonymous email services. Certainly not Bloomberg.

The people could be lying of course.

Last edited:

Thyuda

When the media reports on someone “anonymously” the person didn’t contact them anonymously. They contacted them and verified their identity.

It’s not the same thing, the media doesn’t report on randomly sent emails from anonymous email services. Certainly not Bloomberg.

The people could be lying of course.
There's like a thousand examples of the media doing nothing of what you said.

You just want to believe what you want to belive, and nothing is going to change your mind.

IntentionalPun

There's like a thousand examples of the media doing nothing of what you said.

You just want to believe what you want to belive, and nothing is going to change your mind.
I’m not the one who has made up my mind lol

So you think Bloomberg invented 3 sources? Or that they got 3 anonymous emails?

I do believe they spoke to employees or former employees, I don’t necessarily trust the ex employees though, to at the very least not be exaggerating.

Last edited:

Thyuda

I do believe they spoke to employees or former employees, I don’t necessarily trust the ex employees though, to at the very least not be exaggerating.
I believe there are people making baseless accusations, yes.

Furthermore, you should read Docs newest statement.

IntentionalPun

I believe there are people making baseless accusations, yes.

Furthermore, you should read Docs newest statement.
The one where he admits to exchanging inappropriate messages? Lol

Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual. I went through a lengthy arbitration regarding a civil dispute with twitch and that case was resolved by a settlement. Let me be clear, it was not a criminal case against me and no criminal charges have ever been brought against me.

This is pretty much exactly what I suspected happened.

Last edited:

nush

Please share your opinion on GAF 2018.

1e115977-8221-43ac-a61d-213069b43a4b_text.gif

IntentionalPun

Keep in mind “sexting” might be greatly exaggerated.

Dude like that basking in fame flirting via messages would hardly be rare back when these events allegedly occurred, which would have been around 2019.

And would also explain why he got paid out and no authorities seemed to have been involved. Could be “inappropriate” but not remotely illegal messages were sent.
I like how some of you are bashing me when this post I made earlier exactly predicted what Doc just admitted to lol

Zathalus

So he admits to conversations with a minor that, in his own words, were inappropriate? Of course nothing illegal happened but it’s still not a great look. I can see why the whole thing was swept under the rug by both him and Twitch.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't use Twitch, does anyone know what their TOS is in regards to contacting someone and messaging? Age of consent varies by state so I'm curious what their policy is.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So he admits to conversations with a minor that, in his own words, were inappropriate? Of course nothing illegal happened but it’s still not a great look. I can see why the whole thing was swept under the rug by both him and Twitch.
Did he know she was a minor?

Maybe not illegal and just being inappropriate but pure stupid on his part being married and a father and with a minor?

Regardless dude is a fucking moron

And now easy to say

Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not.

You dudes really would not mind some near 40 year old man engaging with your 17 year old kid? Some of the replies here are fucking odd.
Amazing how many are ok with this

Alebrije

You dudes really would not mind some near 40 year old man engaging with your 17 year old kid? Some of the replies here are fucking odd.
Morally is wrong , but it seems legally don't on this case since it seems nothing was done to sent him to court.

TrueGrime

Holy fucking shit. There are fucking people in this thread okay with an adult engaging privately with a minor in such a way that it could easily go sideways.

night13x

THE DOC JUST WON!!!! - AGAIN!!! - THE THREE TIMER!!!

Yeah this is how I exactly imagine it going. Revenge tweets against the doc, total stretch / fabrication of what actually happened.

Doc is coming back and he's about to get a whole lot richer too. Firm handshakes to those who waited for the truth instead of instantly jumping on the hate bandwagon against the Doc.

YuLY

Some things to consider:
-she was 17, while thats under 18, let be honest, he wasnt talking to a 12year old
-it seems from that ex employee email, that he wasnt aware of her age

While you can for sure talk about from moral standpoint, I honestly dont feel this is a predator/pedo thing considering the 2 points above. But yea, hes a idiot.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Yeah agreed. It’s just that the word inappropriate covers such a wide range of things. Was it sexual or was he telling her how to cheat on her exams?

I don’t think the guy is a pedo and all these messages came out in court and he wasn’t charged with a crime so they couldn’t have been that explicit, still he was probably being a fucking creep.

Top Bottom