• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Mithos

Gold Member
People lie all the time about their age especially around 18.
People lie way before that when singing up for social media, IF social media sites where brutal in age restrictions I could probably get 10-20 people banned because they were 100% not 13 when singing up but 10-12 years old...

People lie way before that when singing up for social media, IF social media sites where brutal in age restrictions I could probably get 10-20 people banned because they were 100% not 13 when singing up but 10-12 years old...

No barrier could stop me when I was a wee lil baby

b80Faze.png

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
"please show me your divers license before I respond"

I want to see this ladys picture and see how many people would pass the jailbat or not test.
It being difficult to verify doesn’t make it not their responsibility.

There’s a REAL easy way to not exchange “whispers” with minors that are inappropriate….

TrueGrime

It’s disturbing that people are willing to hand wave this away like it’s nothing because they like the guy. “I inappropriately texted a minor” is a pretty damning admission. But who’s out for blood? I doubt YouTUbe will ban him so who really cares? He will still be popular. I just don’t like what he did.

Some people find it difficult to make the correlation of the ease in which people with this kind of power and access to minors via a platform can easily groom children. The word inappropriate can mean so many things, but Doc knows whatever that inappropriate thing was it was wrong. My opinion is that he's a piece of shit that, at the time, was engaging with some female teen while married and also raising a kid daughter himself. THAT'S the disgusting part of it for me.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Violence. Speed. Momentum.

I stand with Doc in the current state of info released.

If we learn:
-Did he know she was 17?
-Did he say something totally lude?

Then we can proceed with he’s a creep. However he said no photos were exchanged.

I would bet money he didn’t know she was 17, and he probably didn’t say anything that outlandish.

He’s probably had therapy and counseling after almost losing his wife and kid to realize to take responsibility when due. So while it may have not been intentionally seeking to fuck a 17 year old he probably does that responsibility to know better who he is taking to, and that at the end of the day ignorance isn’t an excuse always to bad decisions.

Plus… I’m surprised his wife forgave him a second go. Only reason she stuck around round two is if nothing truly happened.

ns6

Neo Member
from the email: ""this was a service that was offered... under a different brand name. The brand name could be interpreted many ways.""

This seems like a key to the whole interaction (if true). If his team was selling streaming advice or services called "big schlong twitch followers," easy to see how that could spin into inappropriate innuendo in messages and be easily weaponized against him.

We'll never get clarity without seeing the messages and people will just land on either side and be able to defend their view.

Jerm411

Violence. Speed. Momentum.

I stand with Doc in the current state of info released.

If we learn:
-Did he know she was 17?
-Did he say something totally lude?

Then we can proceed with he’s a creep. However he said no photos were exchanged.

I would bet money he didn’t know she was 17, and he probably didn’t say anything that outlandish.

He’s probably had therapy and counseling after almost losing his wife and kid to realize to take responsibility when due. So while it may have not been intentionally seeking to fuck a 17 year old he probably does that responsibility to know better who he is taking to, and that at the end of the day ignorance isn’t an excuse always to bad decisions.

Plus… I’m surprised his wife forgave him a second go. Only reason she stuck around round two is if nothing truly happened.
There really is a defense for everything…good lord.

Fucking LOL….

Topher

Gold Member
He went through that whole ordeal when he cheated on his wife getting on stream and crying and shit

He does know better he can't help himself

Sounds like a pattern of self-destructive behavior, but as I've said, I haven't followed this very closely so not going to comment on that other stuff.

What I don't understand is how he went from "I didn't do anything wrong" in his previous tweet to....

"Now, from a moral standpoint I'll absolutely take responsibility. I should have never entertained these conversations to begin with. That's on me. That's on me as an adult, a husband and a father. It should have never happened. I get it. I’m not perfect and I’ll fucking own my shit. This was stupid."

Having a hard time following his moral barometer here.

Nvzman

You literally can't be Catholic and find fault with the pope. The entirety of Catholicism is couched in the idea that the pope is infallible.
This is an incredibly dumb statement, why are you shitting up the thread with something completely irrelevant.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sounds like a pattern of self-destructive behavior, but as I've said, I haven't followed this very closely so not going to comment on that other stuff.

What I don't understand is how he went from "I didn't do anything wrong" in his previous tweet to....

"Now, from a moral standpoint I'll absolutely take responsibility. I should have never entertained these conversations to begin with. That's on me. That's on me as an adult, a husband and a father. It should have never happened. I get it. I’m not perfect and I’ll fucking own my shit. This was stupid."

Its something I said several pages ago and I likely jumped the gun on that more people came forward and screenshots have been shared, he had no choice but to pivot

I bet we get those screenshots soon now too

Sethbacca

This is an incredibly dumb statement, why are you shitting up the thread with something completely irrelevant.
I was addressing the quoted statement. It just seemed completely off the wall to me. You're the one keeping it going, I was going to leave it alone.

Arsic

Its something I said several pages ago and I likely jumped the gun on that more people came forward and screenshots have been shared, he had no choice but to pivot

I bet we get those screenshots soon now too
I’m hoping we get the chat transcript so we can see wtf was said.

Hopefully the way the paperwork for the lawyers is done leaves a clause that he can talk about it if someone blows the whistle like this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I will throw out there too people early today privately were saying careful what side of the fence you are on because news was coming today, its likely why Ninja put out his video getting ahead of it
I’m hoping we get the chat transcript so we can see wtf was said.

Hopefully the way the paperwork for the lawyers is done leaves a clause that he can talk about it if someone blows the whistle like this.
I really hope we get 100% clarity on if and when he knew she was a minor and what was said afterwards if anything

Arsic

I guarantee you if it was some sweet baby inc employee who did what drdisrespect did, these people would calling the FBI right about now.
What did he do?

It’s been dismissed it isn’t sexting.

The way it reads now it’s more that the group chat name was inappropriate.

We don’t know if he knew she was a minor. We don’t know what he said. That’s it.

Based off that email above and his tweet… there isn’t shit to deem him a pedophile or predator.

Zoej

He knew she was a minor and admits to being inappropriate, I don't want to know what exactly was said

And to say now he never intended to actually meet them, sounds like the same script from every To Catch a Predator show

But Doc appreciates your monthly sub and buy another shirt while you are there
Bro, he didn’t say “known minor”. He referred to her as “individual minor”, which we don’t know whether he had knowledge of which at the time. I mean he could be referring to the inappropriateness of the messages as an exchange between two consenting adults, or may be not. That depends on his knowledge of the age of the other party, but nowhere is it mentioned that the other person was a “known minor”

I guarantee you if it was some sweet baby inc employee who did what drdisrespect did, these people would calling the FBI right about now.

Calling the FBI about what? Again, people are jumping to wild conclusions with nothing to back it up.

If the conversations were never sexual in nature, what exactly is law enforcement going to do?

I need to see what the messages say before i can cast any kind of judgement.

Because it can be either hes a creep or an immature idiot that should have known better.

I mean we all know he's a fucking idiot. He's engaged with a minor. That's irrefutable at this point. The important distinction if he's being creepy and made a mistake, or he's toeing the line of being a predator.

I'd like to see these attempts at meeting at twitchcon more than anything

Last edited:

Jerm411

What did he do?

It’s been dismissed it isn’t sexting.

The way it reads now it’s more that the group chat name was inappropriate.

We don’t know if he knew she was a minor. We don’t know what he said. That’s it.

Based off that email above and his tweet… there isn’t shit to deem him a pedophile or predator.
Oh yes, his tweet totally clears him….as if he’d admit to it.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Arsic

Oh yes, his tweet totally clears him….as if he’d admit to it.

🤦🏻‍♂️
And what damns him? What do you have as proof he’s a pedophile or predator?

There’s more going towards this was a vendetta witch hunt by Twitch. Like that email above points that way.

Like a few of us reasonable people have said in here:

Did he know she was a minor?
What did he say to her?

Without that info we are all stuck to just pick a side. Neither is currently more correct than the other since info is missing to determine he’s a piece of shit or he was a moron who got his career mostly destroyed.

Hopefully the chat transcript lands so we can all learn.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
He messaged a minor. He didn't explain in his statement that the minor lied about their age or she misrepresented her age by saying she does adult things like she goes to college (The college however is second level education)

That's worrying. Just because you got caught before the act may have happened, doesn't absolve you. He needs to clarify if she lied about her age or did he not ask her age knowing the answer. If you are texting some randomer with a view to hooking up, you ask their age.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If I were advising popular internet personalities, I'd always recommend to not chat with anyone privately online, even consenting adults. Hell, I think I'd even recommend against real life hook ups with consenting adults. I'm always taken aback by how many people get into shit by not just keeping their hormones or curiosities in check. If I were someone with millions of followers and fans even I'd be paranoid about even innocently hooking up with a fellow adult gamer at a convention or whatever just because the amount of things that could go wrong, and the magnitude of that, way outweighs what could go right.

That's not to say anyone shouldn't have the right to chat or hook up with another consenting adult, but I just think when you are that popular and have that many fans it's not worth the trouble. But risking your livelihood over someone underage... ya gotta know better. Technically illegal or not.

Jerm411

And what damns him? What do you have as proof he’s a pedophile or predator?

There’s more going towards this was a vendetta witch hunt by Twitch. Like that email above points that way.

Like a few of us reasonable people have said in here:

Did he know she was a minor?
What did he say to her?

Without that info we are all stuck to just pick a side. Neither is currently more correct than the other since info is missing to determine he’s a piece of shit or he was a moron who got his career mostly destroyed.

Hopefully the chat transcript lands so we can all learn.
What damns him? Like are you being serious right now or is this a bit?

Do you think inappropriately messaging a minor is ok? Serious question….

Do you think messaging a minor at all when you’re in your mid to late 30s is ok? Serious question…

I mean we all know he's a fucking idiot. He's engaged with a minor. That's irrefutable at this point. The important distinction if he's being creepy and made a mistake, or he's toeing the line of being a predator.

I'd like to see these attempts at meeting at twitchcon more than anything

No question hes a fucking idiot.

For me anyway, everything hinges on whether or not the conversations were sexual in nature. Which kind of seems unlikely because by the sounds of things Twitch wanted his ass nailed to the wall and failed doing so.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Do you think messaging a minor at all when you’re in your mid to late 30s is ok? Serious question…
Does inappropriate have to mean sexual?
He said nothing illegal happened, would that be illegal with it being sexual?

Boglin

If he already knew she was a 17 year old minor and that's what he's into, then he should keep that shit offline and move to a state where literal child-fucking is legal. There's no shortage.

QGnpjNX.jpeg

Arsic

If I message someone, and no photo is given, no age is given, and idk it’s a minor… that’s ignorance.

As for inappropriately messaging a minor there’s a difference between say her saying “what are you up to” and his response being “having hot acidic caca in the bathroom” versus “I’m beating my cock hard to the thought of you.”

Both are inappropriate but one is clearly predator behavior.

Witjout knowing if he knew she was a minor, and what he said to her, then we don’t have enough to damn the man.

Plus what if she was going to be 18 two days after he messages her? Is it still an issue then?

Like the amount of data you have to deem him a pedo or predator is the reason guys like Johnny Depp get their lives ruined by women like Amber lol.

My position stands. Without more info I’m in his corner. If more info comes out then I’m fine to change my position. Like a reasonable adult.

You seem like the kind of person who would’ve cast evilore down the drain with no fucking facts though and joined up on resetera. What happened? Get perma banned and came back here lol?

Jerm411

If I message someone, and no photo is given, no age is given, and idk it’s a minor… that’s ignorance.

As for inappropriately messaging a minor there’s a difference between say her saying “what are you up to” and his response being “having hot acidic caca in the bathroom” versus “I’m beating my cock hard to the thought of you.”

Both are inappropriate but one is clearly predator behavior.

Witjout knowing if he knew she was a minor, and what he said to her, then we don’t have enough to damn the man.

Plus what if she was going to be 18 two days after he messages her? Is it still an issue then?

Like the amount of data you have to deem him a pedo or predator is the reason guys like Johnny Depp get their lives ruined by women like Amber lol.

My position stands. Without more info I’m in his corner. If more info comes out then I’m fine to change my position. Like a reasonable adult.

You seem like the kind of person who would’ve cast evilore down the drain with no fucking facts though and joined up on resetera. What happened? Get perma banned and came back here lol?
Well you can be in the pedo’s corner…that’s on your conscience to be ok with that.

Top Bottom