• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Hardensoul

And there we have it again, this holier than thou attitute.

And we went down from sexting a minor to moral considerations. Cool.
I’m not taking either side on if the female was underage. Too many times I’ve seen people lie online.

But you are ok with Doc sexting and or possibly cheating on his wife again?

INC

Trying to imagine the 17 year old who’d flirt with him.

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals
Cbz6m3B.png

night13x

So when are you going to share what's in those messages with the rest of us?
I've asked the same thing to the select few in this topic but they only respond with insults. They are literally dying on the hill on it. Makes you wonder.

It's almost like the people on twitch, twitter/x, etc are the same few people posting here who has been jumping the gun since the beginning just for the sole purpose of hating on the doc. hmmmm.

Jerm411

I've asked the same thing to the select few in this topic but they only respond with insults. They are literally dying on the hill on it. Makes you wonder.

It's almost like the people on twitch, twitter/x, etc are the same few people posting here who has been jumping the gun since the beginning just for the sole purpose of hating on the doc. hmmmm.
You act like this is some crusade when he admitted to it….what the hell are you on? It does make you wonder indeed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..

Zimmy68

Without reading the entire thread, I had a few questions...

Are we just assuming the minor isn't a dude? (not that there's anything wrong with that, but everyone is saying she)

Did the minor turn evidence on him or did Twitch data farm the texts?

Red5

So when are you going to share what's in those messages with the rest of us?

If they were meaningless pretty sure he would've shared them and neither Twitch nor his friends at Midnight Society wouldn't have dumped his ass.

Last edited:

night13x

You act like this is some crusade when he admitted to it….what the hell are you on? It does make you wonder indeed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..
LOL right on queue. Thanks for just proving me right. "wouldn't need a jury for this one" right?

INC

So..
From the email it implies he didn't know there age at the time of messaging, and some Inappropriate things were said, Inappropriate in flirting way, or Inappropriate like some of the shit he use to say on stream, like you'd hear in a cod 4 lobby......?

All very vague

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m not taking either side on if the female was underage. Too many times I’ve seen people lie online.

But you are ok with Doc sexting and or possibly cheating on his wife again?
If we're cancelling high status men for being unfaithful husbands, we're not going to have many high status men left. Just being realistic. As far as cheating goes, that's a personal matter between him and his wife to work out. She apparently forgave him. Of course, if you find it distasteful and think it's just cause to withdraw donation support or w/e, that's reasonable and entirely your prerogative. Full blown cancellation, not so much.

Going after underage girls is a different class of behavior altogether though.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Sounds like a pattern of self-destructive behavior, but as I've said, I haven't followed this very closely so not going to comment on that other stuff.

What I don't understand is how he went from "I didn't do anything wrong" in his previous tweet to....

"Now, from a moral standpoint I'll absolutely take responsibility. I should have never entertained these conversations to begin with. That's on me. That's on me as an adult, a husband and a father. It should have never happened. I get it. I’m not perfect and I’ll fucking own my shit. This was stupid."

Having a hard time following his moral barometer here.
I think his moral barometer is only moved by the sponsors he gains or loses.

Hardensoul

If we're cancelling high status men for being unfaithful husbands, we're not going to have many high status men left. Just being realistic. As far as cheating goes, that's a personal matter between him and his wife to work out. She apparently forgave him. Of course, if you find it distasteful and think it's just cause to withdraw donation support or w/e, that's reasonable and entirely your prerogative. Full blown cancellation, not so much.

Going after underage girls is a different class of behavior altogether though.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I don’t believe in cancelling anyone. Unless it’s something that is unlawful.

I know his wife forgave him and I was neutral. Took his side against Twitch. Just morally I can’t stand with him.

I like to repeat I’m against canceling but if you break the law is where I will make that stand.

POKEYCLYDE

Supposedly you needed to be 18 to use the whispers function on Twitch. Knowing that it would be fair to assume that Doc did not know that the person was underage (unless they had a conversation about it).

There are going to be people on the side of "He's a creep PDF file" and "Doc did nothing wrong".

Until we see the content of these messages and key things are made clear, we really don't have a real grasp of what happened. We may never know.

The anonymous email says the conversations were centered around business and how to scale up new twitch channels. Inappropriate messages could be as innocent as Doc telling this individual to use their sex appeal to gain a following (a tried and true method to gaining twitch channel success quickly).

Fair advice, but creepy if Doc knew she was underage. But then again, we don't know if Doc knew this individual was underage. And until the content of the messages is made available, it's fair to assume that a platform in which you had to be 18 to use, that Doc would have assumed the individual was of age.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I have many reasons for disliking doc, one of which is his endorsement of conspiracy theories. Thus, it's kinda infuriating when relentless cynics force me to "defend" him. An earlier comment was, "you people are scary," and I echo that sentiment, but from a different perspective that includes all viewpoints. A thank you to the few individuals here who are applying common sense to the issue from all sides.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Twitch will never release those texts between them. That will never come out

Guarantee its just some flirting since no sexting was involved. The texts will just make Twitch look worse

This feels the most accurate if I were to guess what's actually going on.

That would make sense as to why he was banned from Twitch while also having his contract fulfilled. It being an ethical issue rather than a legal one.

Top Bottom