• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Draugoth

Gold Member
The dude is/was:

6`5
Married to e Beautiful Woman
Had Networth in the dozens of millions and is featured in games like CoD
His own game company

He literally burned it all down because he decided to think with his dick

If you ever think you did dumb things on your life remember Dr Direspect exists

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Still don't have all the details. Things I don't like about this is how people were annoying to slasher just for reporting that he had valid sources for the ban reason and that people's dumb Reddit theories were totally wrong. Another thing I don't like is this people coming out now who worked with Doc after the ban are "shocked" about what is coming out, despite plenty of people in their industry knowing what the internal ban reason was but just not publicly talking about it. Those people are all business and obviously don't care if he did worse than texting a 17 year old as long as it didn't affect their career.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
The dude is/was:

6`5
His own game company

And it doesn't make sense. If he wanted to follow his dick just divorce your wife so she doesn't go through this and do whatever you want with other non minor girls

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Eh.....really? They didn't waste any time jumping on twitter about this. Not what I would call a "friend".
Have millions of followers and have to get that message out there to protect their multi millions of dollars because especially Nick just defended him a couple of days ago

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I get that. I just hope the names are blurred.
Yep exactly. Show the group chat name cuz apparently that was inappropriate.

Blur out the girl username, and then let’s see what was said.

It also needs to be explicitly stated by him if he knew she was 17 or not. And if he learned she was did he continue to message her.

All important info.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m just glad I never followed/subscribed or whatever, or cared enough about him to need extra information to make myself feel better about still liking him.

Last edited:

Astray

So now it's gone from "he didn't do it there's no proof" to "he did do it, but it was definitely not illegal in any way".

You gotta keep in mind that rn, Doc is the most unreliable narrator of this, because now he has a very vested interest in keeping the story as small as possible. But it's too late because Bloomberg of all outlets are on the case.

I think we might see even more stuff drop before this is over.

But yes I could forgive ones where nothing was ever escalated and they're not like that anymore.
Parasocial relationships are a hell of a drug.

Arsic

I’m just glad I never followed or cared about him to need extra information to make myself feel better about still liking him.
Likely scenario hypothetical here but what if it comes out to light that:

She pretended to be above 18, or age was never brought up. And that all he said was “I’m having acidic diarrhea shit”.

Inappropriate to say to a minor? Sure.

Enough to destroy a persons career? No.

Just food for thought. Now if he was out here knowing she’s 17 the whole time and making sexual advances? Bruh… fuck that. He deserves to be alone the rest of his life.

Still don't have all the details. Things I don't like about this is how people were annoying to slasher just for reporting that he had valid sources for the ban reason and that people's dumb Reddit theories were totally wrong. Another thing I don't like is this people coming out now who worked with Doc after the ban are "shocked" about what is coming out, despite plenty of people in their industry knowing what the internal ban reason was but just not publicly talking about it. Those people are all business and obviously don't care if he did worse than texting a 17 year old as long as it didn't affect their career.

No issues with the way people treated slasher. He's clout chasher.

Topher

Gold Member
Have millions of followers and have to get that message out there to protect their multi millions of dollars because especially Nick just defended him a couple of days ago

I mean….when a dude admits to talking to underage folk and those talks got inappropriate and talks about meeting up, I can understand folks wanting to distance themselves from that person. Friends too.

You guys are describing business associates. Not friends. But I don't understand this world of making money off social media and twitch so....

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Shouldn't have said anything and just responded with a lawsuit, because now everyone is conjuring up the worst possible scenarios for what "inappropriate" is. Dumbass move.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The dude is/was:

6`5
His own game company

Someone should remix his theme song, but change the scale to... A Minor.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

She pretended to be above 18, or age was never brought up. And that all he said was “I’m having acidic diarrhea shit”.

Just food for thought. Now if he was out here knowing she’s 17 the whole time and making sexual advances? Bruh… fuck that. He deserves to be alone the rest of his life.
I guess I just go by what I’ve read here, and in his tweets. Dude just seems like a not so good fella.

You guys are describing business associates. Not friends. But I don't understand this world of making money off social media and twitch so....

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
As a father, I don’t think I could stay friends. Then there’s the chance that my wife wouldn’t want me to stay friends with someone like that. I’m just glad none of my friends have gone public with their cheating or potential predator behavior with underage kids.

londontko

How do you explain him wanting to meet up with her?

clarky

Gold Member
Oooofff. Why do people do this shit? What a loser. Suppose the only grey area is did he know she was a minor.

Even if he didn't, he's still way too old for someone around that age.

Creepy at best, skin crawling horrible and deserves the book thrown at him at worst.

Arsic

How do you explain him wanting to meet up with her?
I missed that part? He said this below which says he never even met this person, but I don’t see mention that he was trying to meet them? Is that in some other link?

“Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual.“

Killer8

I'm struggling to really give a shit. All of it is so vague that it's hard to make a clear judgement.

On face value, he basically did a modern day Seinfeld (38 and 17):

VAlKH5l.jpeg

... which goes from being legal to illegal just by driving along Route 66. Hardly even a clear cut case of legality, then.

In terms of the morality, the Seinfeld thing caught him some heat from people at the time, too, and it's a bit... unusual given the maturity gap. Again though it's hard to really give much of a shit about people getting worked up over that, given how much Twitter outrage has thoroughly ruined the discourse over age gaps. Even if Doc just wanted his dick wet, I can't say i'm shocked and appealed given that this is essentially what stars have always done with their groupies.

But let's get real: this isn't the same as Doc getting busted by Chris Hanson trying to fuck a twelve year old. Some of you are acting like UK nonce hunters setting their XL bullies on him like he's a predator who should be castrated and killed. People still can't even decide if what Seinfeld did is really so terrible. Yet, he still gets work today, and half the comments you get when you post that pic above is "damn nice tits" before you even drop the age bombshell.

Give me a fucking break. The only people I feel bad for here is his family.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I missed that part? He said this below which says he never even met this person, but I don’t see mention that he was trying to meet them? Is that in some other link?

“Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual.“
It was part of the accusation, he didn’t really address it other than the “I never even met the person” part.

He’s really skirting around the meat of the accusation and just admitting “minor” and “inappropriate”, while explicitly only denying meeting her, or sending pictures.

So now it's gone from "he didn't do it there's no proof" to "he did do it, but it was definitely not illegal in any way".

You gotta keep in mind that rn, Doc is the most unreliable narrator of this, because now he has a very vested interest in keeping the story as small as possible. But it's too late because Bloomberg of all outlets are on the case.

I think we might see even more stuff drop before this is over.

Parasocial relationships are a hell of a drug.
I don’t even watch this guy or any streamers. I just don’t label someone one of the worse things ever over a mistake where nothing in the end happened.

Top Bottom