• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It was inappropriate enough for Twitch to get rid of their biggest star, and for his current studio he cofounded to cut ties with him.

If it was innocuous, you can be sure he’d have posted it instead of that wishy washy statement.

Worth noting that the two ex employees that came out with the info both claimed that the Doc was already discussing about a meetup.
The other info that came out is this:

He did this in 2017. Twitch found out and acted on it in 2020. If he wanted that meet up, or groom this person, etc he had 3 years to do so and didn’t do anything.

Twitch was stated in other things we’ve seen that they had it out for him and wanted to find a reason to ban him. This was all they had, and some apparently didn’t think it was enough.

The reason it seems these people cut ties with him is because of his own statement in that tweet. I doubt they know the full context unless he flat out told them. Tim and nick are reacting to his tweet. Which in its current state is inappropriate messages with a minor individual.

When your careers depend on appealing to the masses and avoiding conflict , you can’t wait for more details. You have to jump off ship and cast ties with him. That’s current society. Action before knowledge.

That’s how I’m seeing it. I don’t fault Tim or nick for example— they didn’t need more context and have a brand to protect. His gaming studio sat down and discussed it with him and they all decided to do this together thinking it the best course, himself included.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What is this based on?
That email thing that came out yesterday.

I think it’s on page 55 of this thread?

Edit: was page 52.

GQ7up4qXAAAfdKn

Last edited:

Astray

What did he confess to?

Write some inapproriate messages to a minor, with absolutely nothing criminal about it?

Oh no, let's burn him at the stake.
I'm not burning him at the stake I'm talking about what's happening like a normal human being lol.

A guy who sexted a minor, clams up for 3 years, spins things when attention is back on him, then confesses to it is simply not the hill you want to die on.

As I said things are different from country to country.. in mine even arbitration is filed to a public forum of law and the arbitrator is a representative of the judge... if the settlement is not maid is automatically sended to the judge for decision and if necessary trial.
I mean sure, but having a settlement doesn't mean he's innocent and cleared by the law.

This case has never been argued in front of a judge (and there's a possibility it might not either). That's all I'm trying to say.

I totally see Twitch banning him and the studio he co-founded cutting all ties with him while they are currently making a game that kind of NEEDS him to associated with it all because he told some kid he had diarrhea. Checks out.
The studio thing particularly gives me pause.

Like Turtle Beach can partner up with Kai Cenat or Ninja and not lose that much marketing power, them cutting him off is far less indicative because they can survive without him and they have alternative options that didn't fuck up in that way (yet).

But these guys? They will almost certainly be dead and financially screwed without him, and they chose that instead of standing with him. That has to tell you something.

Thyuda

I'm not burning him at the stake I'm talking about what's happening like a normal human being lol.

A guy who sexted a minor, clams up for 3 years, spins things when attention is back on him, then confesses to it is simply not the hill you want to die on.

I mean sure, but having a settlement doesn't mean he's innocent and cleared by the law.

This case has never been argued in front of a judge (and there's a possibility it might not either). That's all I'm trying to say.

The studio thing particularly gives me pause.

Like Turtle Beach can partner up with Kai Cenat or Ninja and not lose that much marketing power, them cutting him off is far less indicative because they can survive without him and they have alternative options that didn't fuck up in that way (yet).

But these guys? They will almost certainly be dead and financially screwed without him, and they chose that instead of standing with him. That has to tell you something.
He didn't sext a minor.

Stop lying. There is zero proof of that. And no, hearsay is not proof. Sorry.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I mean there’s more people than me who would like more info before casting final judgement lol.
I guess I’m the weird one for not stanning for a guy that admits to inappropriate conversations with a minor.

I’m not lighting any torches, but I’m not going to turn a blind eye to his admitted actions.

You guys do you. I know we all have lines in the sand that we draw. Mine line is when a 35+ year old guys admits to inappropriate behavior with a minor. Others need more context to that simple damning statement.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I have zero faith in that email in how it was written, sounds more like personal opinions
The person literally says they refuse to prove they worked for Twitch.

That could be anyone, and isn’t how the media reports in these stories. They have actual contacts already and/or verify people’s identities.

Also Doc admitted to inappropriately messages with a minor. That email contradicts that.

Astray

That could be anyone, and isn’t how the media reports in these stories. They have actual contacts already and/or verify people’s identities.

Also Doc admitted to inappropriately messages with a minor. That email contradicts that.
Not to mention that the email headers are obscured.

This is pure fakery and can't be verified unless you actually have the email itself in your hands so you can examine the headers properly.

Doc also says the conversations were casual he doesn't mention anything about business.

Three

personal bias refers to you using your own assumptions and conclusions. again telling someone that because they aren't going to make the same assumptions as you that they are burying their heads in the sand. That is literally bias, you can't remove yourself from your own personal subjectivity.

acting on emotions instead of information is being emotional, it doesn't mean you are sad, but you are letting your judgement be clouded by what you feel the answer is instead of any tangible reasoning.

this has all the context, this is more than a line of text in a tweet, you don't lock people up in jail or execute them or whatever it is you would like to do over a line in a tweet.

if nothing comes out then that means there's probably very little more to the story. If there is more then it will come out, the truth always comes out.

what is the context? He said he did have inappropriate messages with a minor... what context did you get from that? what were the messages? what did they say? you say you have all the context well tell us exactly what happened?

Person 1: there's rumours circulating that you've been sexting a minor. Please respond to these allegations.

Person 2: we exchanged inappropriate messages. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not.

I asked you what you think the context of this controversy and response is. You can't really come up with one and you're just deciding to be completely oblivious to the context of the conversation.

You: he must mean inappropriate racial jokes and has no real intentions of starting the third reich.

People aren't bias for following what's being discussed. If the context was something completely unrelated but he decided to mention it then this guy has a real panache for digging deeper with his responses.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Not to mention that the email headers are obscured.

This is pure fakery and can't be verified unless you actually have the email itself in your hands so you can examine the headers properly.
Wouldn’t matter anyways as it says it’s an unbox they’ll keep open for 12 hours, aka a temporary fake email address.

Everything about this is what some idiot would think sounds “official” but instead it’s all the opposite lol

IntentionalPun

Person 1: there's rumours circulating that you've been sexting a minor. Please respond to these allegations.

Person 2: we exchanged inappropriate messages. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not.

I asked you what you think the context of this controversy and response is. You can't really come up with one and you're just deciding to be completely oblivious to the context of the conversation.

You: he must mean inappropriate racial jokes and has no real intentions of starting the third reich.

People aren't bias for following what's being discussed. If the context was something completely unrelated but he decided to mention it then this guy has a real panache for digging deeper with his responses.
Don’t forget “no pictures were exchanged.”

Must be talking about racism memes.

Topher

Gold Member
I guess I’m the weird one for not stanning for a guy that admits to inappropriate conversations with a minor.

I’m not lighting any torches, but I’m not going to turn a blind eye to his admitted actions.

You guys do you. I know we all have lines in the sand that we draw. Mine line is when a 35+ year old guys admits to inappropriate behavior with a minor. Others need more context to that simple damning statement.

I have no torch to light in this. But like you, I'm not going to be willfully ignorant about it either. Folks demanding "concrete proof" and then dismissing DrDisrespect's own tweets is an example of just that. There is waiting for more information and then there is pretending we have none at all.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

so there was a parent behind that minor seeing the messages and didnt sue for big bucks? doubt
Considering the 3 year gap between the messages and them being reported I HOPE that person was an adult by that time. No parent may have ever been involved or told.

Either way this logic is terrible. There could actually have been a payment made to keep quiet, or the person doesn’t want to be involved at all anyways.

Beyond that what exactly would they sue for if all he did was say some flirty shit? lol

Last edited:

kirby007

the boy must have been : oh doc you so cewl, id suck your dick. and doc being like : well what can i say im pretty sweet indeed

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’ll read up more on this when I get home.

But from what is known, was dr D just trolling for laughs? Or was it serious?

I ask because I think lots of people have trolled. I remember going on a site called Rooms123 or something where you don’t even have to make a login email. You name a little avatar guy walk around a room and meet people. I remember saying some ultra crude stuff for fun and who knows how old the people were I was talking to. I did that for a few nights and left. It was similar to social media trolling before Twitter and such came out.

I remember starting it off the conversion serious like I was female and wanted to meet a guy and then would type back…. Haha! I’m a guy!

Then I’d get booted. Lol

Last edited:
I’ll read up more on this when I get home.

But from what is known, was dr D just trolling for laughs? Or was it serious?

I ask because I think lots of people have trolled. I remember going on a site called Rooms123 or something where you don’t even have to make a login email. You name a little avatar guy walk around a room and meet people. I remember saying some ultra crude stuff for fun and who knows how old the people were I was talking to. I did that for a few nights and left. It was similar to social media trolling before Twitter and such came out.

I remember starting it off the conversion serious like I was female and wanted to meet a guy and then would type back…. Haha! I’m a guy!

Then I’d get booted. Lol

3chcpIA.jpeg

Sethbacca

According to DrDisrespect....

"These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. "
You can't really have mutual conversations with someone who can't consent. I guess depends how old the person was. Still slimy as fuck though.

MiguelItUp

That email thing that came out yesterday.

I think it’s on page 55 of this thread?

Edit: was page 52.

GQ7up4qXAAAfdKn
Not sure if I'd believe that image as Slasher (Rod Breslau) debunked it as "bullshit."

I only say that because apparently Slasher was one of the few people that knew exactly what was going on ever since it first happened.

FunkMiller

For those who think he did nothing wrong, or that it's not that serious, and people are overreacting:

Why do you think he isn't just releasing the transcript of the text conversation? There's no legal hindrance to him doing this, and it would exonerate him.

So, why hasn't he done it?

Any of you have a good answer?

ajanke

I think this is best description I can get.

OthertimesWondering
10h ago•Edited 7h ago

It's a bit of a long story.
Essentially a couple years ago, Twitch banned Dr. Disrespect off their platform out of nowhere. Which came as a huge surprise due to him being one of the biggest streamers on the platform. Nothing was explicitly stated, there were rumors of bad stuff, but nothing concrete.
A while ago, an ex-Twitch employee, who was pretty high ranked, said that Dr. Disrespect was using the Twitch Whisper feature to talk to a 13 year old girl and was trying to meet up with her.
It's important to realize two things. Twitch obviously wouldn't want one of the faces of their platform to be outsed as a predator. But also the Twitch Whisper feature was supposed to be a private messaging system. Twitch looking at it is pretty suspicious and bad.
Dr Disrespect's tweet about the situation was also very "legal" in the sense that he said "no wrongdoing was acknowledge and I was paid out for my contract". Which is pretty weird since the phrasing of "acknowledged" is suspicious.
The entire controversy kinda died down for a while because Twitch obviously don't want to air out bad laundry from a company perspective and there aren't any receipts on the employee side either.
But a game studio that Dr Disrespect co-founded did drop him as a co-founder, which has heated the drama up again.
Nick Mercs is a friend of Dr. Disrespect that said "no, he didn't do that shit, show evidence" but is also someone who is vocal about his stance on pride and how we need to "keep the children safe". Which is ironic here because he's now backpedaling on his fierce stance and cause one of his friends is being outsed as a potential predator.
(Edit: Dr Disrespect admitted to texting a minor. Link here: )

I saw nick mercs posted a video saying he doesn’t support doc anymore after the most recent update yesterday.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

What kills me about this thread is so many people only consider Doc’s words as fact.

He went from “no wrongdoing” to admitting he was morally wrong within less than 48 hours.

So yes we don’t have all of the facts. That includes knowing how accurate Doc’s statements are. We’ll never really know the full extent of anything other than what evidence actually drops.

StueyDuck

but you are interjecting your own meaning into a legally vetted response.

in your head this was 2 people on twitter arguing and you are choosing sides. again personal bias.

and to be clear sexting is different to say making a sexual joke which is still not appropriate for a minor, sexting implies intent and from the investigation that was conducted at least in his words, there was no intent, if he was saying things like "oh god your tits are amazing to show me that sweet vag baby" then you would be correct, but he also could have been making an inappropriate joke that was not directed at her or made in her expense. You can't put your own personal context into these situations and then get annoyed that people aren't instantly joining you in some mob mentality. Until we have something tangible to go on, there's no reason to condemn or defend the man.

near

Gold Member
I have no torch to light in this. But like you, I'm not going to be willfully ignorant about this. Folks demanding "concrete proof" and then dismissing DrDisrespect's own tweets is an example of just that. There is waiting for more information and then there is pretending we have none at all.
Yeah, I think Docs own admission is enough for me to conclude that he’s actions have been inexcusable. Though I think there are many other sub-topics that can be discussed surrounding this whole thing. Like at what point did he discover the minors age? Did Twitch breach data privacy by viewing Docs private DMs? What happened during the 3 year period between 2017-2020 with those whispers? There is a lot of context still being omitted and I do think it is fair for people not to want to formulate concrete opinions on this. Personally, I don’t think there is enough evidence to suggest Doc is a predator as is the narrative most seem to be pushing with this. Having said that, he still spoke to a minor inappropriately and that will always be enough for most people to consider him a creep.

For those who think he did nothing wrong, or that it's not that serious, and people are overreacting:

Why do you think he isn't just releasing the transcript of the text conversation? There's no legal hindrance to him doing this, and it would exonerate him.

So, why hasn't he done it?

Any of you have a good answer?
Because he can't load those up with pillowy euphemisms and phrasing to sway reality in his favor.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yeah, I think Docs own admission is enough for me to conclude that he’s actions have been inexcusable. Though I think there are many other sub-topics that can be discussed surrounding this whole thing. Like at what point did he discover the minors age? Did Twitch breach data privacy by viewing Docs private DMs? What happened during the 3 year period between 2017-2020 with those whispers? There is a lot of context still being omitted and I do think it is fair for people not to want to formulate concrete opinions on this. Personally, I don’t think there is enough evidence to suggest Doc is a predator as is the narrative most seem to be pushing with this. Having said that, he still spoke to a minor inappropriately and that will always be enough for most people to consider him a creep.
Very well said.

Sethbacca

Man, I don't even know why anyone over 40 would want to talk to someone this young. I was talking to someone who is 28 a couple weeks ago, and the vapid prattle from that alone was enough to make me want to swallow the business end of a shotgun. I couldn't even imagine trying to carry on a conversation with someone younger.

IntentionalPun

You do not have privacy on something like Twitch Whispers. There is a reporting function built in for a reason.

Funny how the mob will jump to attack anyone they don't like the moment some shit comes out. But when it's this douche canoe, it's instantly "it's bullshit! he's innocent!" I personally couldn't give a flying fuck about this person in all honesty. If he did illegal shit, throw the book at him.

Top Bottom