• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Who is calling for him to be ‘locked up’?

If the company was under an NDA as part of the arbitration settlement, they couldn’t post it while remaining employed.
True, but shouldn’t this kinda leak out before any nda agreement. Was 3 years later. So, like. Was they waiting for concrete proof or better proof. What happen on twitch end. That what I truly want to know. Who was protecting who. Or who was hoping to let it get worst to get better dirt. Cause it for sure something was done wrong on twitch end for DOC to get pay from his contract. Cause if it as bad as it being say, twitch could easily had cut him and not have to worry bout paying him. So twitch fuck up on something and I like to know that.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Funny how the mob will jump to attack anyone they don't like the moment some shit comes out. But when it's this douche canoe, it's instantly "it's bullshit! he's innocent!" I personally couldn't give a flying fuck about this person in all honesty. If he did illegal shit, throw the book at him.

I dont disagree... but I think that Twitch judgement outcome is part of what makes this so odd/divisive. This actually went to court, and it was deemed nothing illegal did happen. He even got a settlement.

But then by his own words, it was something "inappropriate".

So now everyone is kinda just speculating going "what the fuck actually did happen??"

Last edited:

Nester99

When the person accused of sexting a minor replies by saying his conversations with said minor leaned in the direction of inappropriate, you've got your head buried in your sand if you don't think that raises some red flags.

Certainly red flags, but red flags are are not evidence, they lead us to investigate and find evidence.

We don't hang people for red flags

There will likely be no investigation as this all happened 7 and then 4 years ago and for most parties the ship has sailed (no police, twich has paid out and banned, Doc cant really do much from his point) i guess the only question i have is. will YOUTUBE investigate as he is on their platform now ?

Perhaps the Minor might even come forward. if things are to be believed they would be 24 now.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Certainly red flags, but red flags are are not evidence, they lead us to investigate and find evidence.

We don't hang people for red flags

There will likely be no investigation as this all happened 7 and then 4 years ago and for most parties the ship has sailed (no police, twich has paid out and banned, Doc cant really do much from his point) i guess the only question i have is. will YOUTUBE investigate as he is on their platform now ?

Perhaps the Minor might even come forward. if things are to be believed they would be 24 now.

Strange that you keep touting that we need to know all of the evidence before having opinions on Dr. Disrespect, while at the same time you're spewing misinformation from an unsourced "e-mail" that the minor was 17, when there's literally no evidence to suggest that that's actually the case.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

too late cbc GIF by Kim's Convenience

;)

I dont disagree... but I think that Twitch judgement outcome is part of what makes this so odd/decisive. This actually went to court, and it was deemed nothing illegal did happen. He even got a settlement.

But then by his own words, it was something "inappropriate".

So now everyone is kinda just speculating going "what the fuck actually did happen??"
This, what did twitch do to mess it up. Who was protecting who, or who try to find something worst or who made it sounded worst then what it was. Doc somehow got paid. So either twitch fuck up or the employees at the time was trying to make to worst then what it was. Cause DOC shouldn’t have gotten paid at all if it all true and bad as it being say

StueyDuck

Please do stop telling everyone to relax. We’re shooting the shit about a greasy YouTuber. None of us care that much.

And if I were him, and could publically prove my ‘innocence’ before it destroys my career, I’d do so. The legal stuff has been cleared up, hence why we’re getting commentary from him and others now.
Shooting the shit? C'mon 🤣 you can't even say that without saying "greasy youtuber" you've got far to much investment in this.

Take a step back and take a breath, nothing of what you are saying would ever happen in a real legal situation. Only whistleblowers release private information publicly and that is not what this is.

Again we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, if he were to just dump all his private info and evidence randomly on Twitter to prove innocence it could severely backfire.

It will only ever get released once all the lawyers have combed through it and that's if he is even allowed to and twitch doesn't have some gag order on all the data since technically they own it.

Nester99

Strange that you keep touting that we need to know all of the evidence before having opinions on Dr. Disrespect, while at the same time you're spewing misinformation from an unsourced "e-mail" that the minor was 17, when there's literally no evidence to suggest that that's actually the case.

Did you miss where i said

<<<<<<< if things are to be believed >>>>>>>>>>

You seem disingenuous and not interested in truth so i will not be responding to you again. Best of luck !

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Twitch seems like such a nightmare to operate. You have a platform that is naturally going to attract a bunch of kids, and you are also attracting money hungry titty streamers. So on the same platform you have literal children watching minecraft streams and PG13 onlyfans streamers. They should really just spin off another company and keep Twitch to videogames only.

Then you have to remember they have to turn a profit while any dickhead can do a 1080p stream for 10 hours and no viewers while you pay to host that content. And you have to employ a bunch of lawyers. DMCA claims. Mods. Etc.

Almost seems untenable and I see why they sold to Amazon.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm basing it off his tweets and twitch employee's tweets, and the fact that literally nothing criminal came of this. Nothing,

You guys just want him to "disclose" all the texts to satisfy your own fetish.

You ever think maybe that girl doesn't want you reading the shit either, weirdo. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You are projecting a lot onto me with nothing I said

I never mentioned criminal acts, I don't want to read these chats and putting credence into someone who has lied already and an email that read more like a fan boy wrote it is fine if thats what you want to believe

Trying to turn the conversation onto me calling me a weirdo and thinking I need to satisfy some fetish is again on you

Doc appreciates your support though

Toons

Can't shake the feeling that if this were happening to certain other folks in this gaming/streaming sphere that are less favored here, that there would be no need here offering any grace or leeway. Folks are letting personal bias cloud judgement on this, which is to be expected to an extent but its worth pointing out.

As I said before im at the point where feelings don't really matter and think are gonna happen as they happen from this point. The doc screwed up, and hes gotta be accountable even if what he did wasn't "THAT" bad or whatever the ongoing stance is.

Alebrije

This guy is an attention whore or lier because the way he describes what he saw implies some streamers should be in jail now. If You report to Police pedo behaviors the "authorities" wont Say just " ok we will investigaste". They just act because there are tangible proves. Unless there is a complete club of pedos on Twitch and authorities are taking time to get most of them.

Last edited:
You are projecting a lot onto me with nothing I said

I never mentioned criminal acts, I don't want to read these chats and putting credence into someone who has lied already and an email that read more like a fan boy wrote it is fine if thats what you want to believe

Trying to turn the conversation onto me calling me a weirdo and thinking I need to satisfy some fetish is again on you

Doc appreciates your support though

You responded to me responding to someone DEMANDING doc disclose ALL conversations between the two parties. It wouldn't get him anywhere and I'm sure it's not even legal to do so, lol.

This guy is an attention whore or lier because the way he describes what he saw implies some streamers should be in jail now. If You report to Police pedo behaviors the "authorities" wont Say just " ok we will investigaste". They just act because there are tangible proves. Unless there is a complete club of pedos on Twitch and authorities are taking time to get most of them.

Well, if there's some really damning stuff that he read over there then did Twitch cover it up and not notify local authorities? What's this guy saying?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Can't shake the feeling that if this were happening to certain other folks in this gaming/streaming sphere that are less favored here, that there would be no need here offering any grace or leeway. Folks are letting personal bias cloud judgement on this, which is to be expected to an extent but its worth pointing out.

As I said before im at the point where feelings don't really matter and think are gonna happen as they happen from this point. The doc screwed up, and hes gotta be accountable even if what he did wasn't "THAT" bad or whatever the ongoing stance is.
I've never heard of Dr disrespect being all that favored here.

Are any streamers favored, I imagine most people here think they are all pretty shitty. Honestly I'm only seeing 2 camps here, the one's who want social media mob justice and one's who want more information.

How would any other streamer be different? Some will want more info and some will want mob justice.

What other gaming influencers do you see going any other way, and why?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I've never heard of Dr disrespect being all that favored here.

Are any streamers favored, I imagine most people here think they are all pretty shitty. Honestly I'm only seeing 2 camps here, the one who want social media mob justice and one's who want more information.

How would any other streamer be different? Some will want more info and some will want mob justice.

What other gaming influencers do you see going any other way, and why?

Being grossed out by a married man with kids sending inappropriate texts to a minor = wanting social media mob justice.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You responded to me responding to someone DEMANDING doc disclose ALL conversations between the two parties. It wouldn't get him anywhere and I'm sure it's not even legal to do so, lol.
You do have one thing right, it wouldn't get him anywhere because NDA or not if they cleared his name he would have led, ended and mentioned it about 3 times in his statement of admitting he chatted inappropriately

Anyhow we can agree to disagree

I am still in the camp I want him to explicitly say "I didn't know they were a minor and when I found out I stopped my inappropriate chats"

Not lawyer speak trying to lead people to believe something, say that point blank

FunkMiller

I'll repeat... take a step back, take a breath.

Now you are just projecting

Yeah, you’re pretty gross yourself dude. You’ve entered into the territory of sounding fine about what Disrespect has admitted to openly. You do you, but I don’t particularly want to carry on a conversation with you, thanks.

Ozriel

M$FT
“I haven’t seen any proof of it, so I can 100% guarantee that it did happen” 🙄

How oblivious are you people?

Furthermore I never said I guarantee ANYTHING, I remain neutral, and the neutral fact is that we simply don't know, and if you cannot handle that, don't reply to me anymore.

‘He didn’t sext a minor’ is a definitive statement.
Not exactly a position of neutrality, is it?

That sounds like exactly what happened despite all the fan fiction around here. There's nothing to suggest that he pursued some sort of sexual relationship with her and nothing criminal has come out of it...

The irony of you posting fan fiction about him going into the conversation fully unaware of her age and turning around to accuse other of fan fiction.

YCoCg

I wonder how people feel about 31yo Drake giving 'boy advice' to Millie Bobby Brown when she was 14?
Drake always gets dunked on about being a predator and going after younger girls and it's used against him, people said for years that this is his theme tune

You do have one thing right, it wouldn't get him anywhere because NDA or not if they cleared his name he would have led, ended and mentioned it about 3 times in his statement of admitting he chatted inappropriately

Anyhow we can agree to disagree

I am still in the camp I want him to explicitly say "I didn't know they were a minor and when I found out I stopped my inappropriate chats"

Not lawyer speak trying to lead people to believe something, say that point blank

What do you think actually happened? Obviously pure speculation but...

You think doc had an explicit relationship with a minor knowing she was underage, twitch employees found all of this damning evidence and he just got off scot free because he's got a mullet wig and a pair of sunglasses?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

You think doc had an explicit relationship with a minor knowing she was underage, twitch employees found all of this damning evidence and he just got off scot free because he's got a mullet wig and a pair of sunglasses?
Pretty sure he had inappropriate chat with a minor, have that on a pretty good source

Topher

Gold Member

Explicit relationship? Where is that coming from? He had an inapproproate conversation with a minor and is/was paying the price for it. He certainly didn't get off "scot free" for his bad behavior even if no crime was committed.

Pretty sure he had inappropriate chat with a minor, have that on a pretty good source

Well, it's funny because we have multiple sources coming from twitch talking about how "bad" it was over there and somehow he managed to skirt the law.

Was there a big coverup or maybe it just wasn't that bad at all hence the lack of anything criminal coming out of this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well, it's funny because we have multiple sources coming from twitch talking about how "bad" it was over there and somehow he managed to skirt the law.

Was there a big coverup or maybe it just wasn't that bad at all hence the lack of anything criminal coming out of this.
I don't care how bad it was at Twitch

Doc admitted to inappropriate chat with someone who was a minor

Thats fucking sick

The only thing we can be confident in is that he was aware they were underage, given his reluctance to admit otherwise, (which should be the first thing you clarify on), and that he let the conversations go down a hole it shouldn't have.

That alone doesn't make him a criminal nor a predator, but he's still toed a line he shouldn't have crossed regardless.

The only thing we can be confident in is that he was aware they were underage, given his reluctance to admit otherwise, (which should be the first thing you clarify on), and that he let the conversations go down a hole it shouldn't have.

That alone doesn't make him a criminal nor a predator, but he's still toed a line he shouldn't have crossed regardless.

No you can't. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom