• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah, I think Docs own admission is enough for me to conclude that he’s actions have been inexcusable. Though I think there are many other sub-topics that can be discussed surrounding this whole thing. Like at what point did he discover the minors age? Did Twitch breach data privacy by viewing Docs private DMs? What happened during the 3 year period between 2017-2020 with those whispers? There is a lot of context still being omitted and I do think it is fair for people not to want to formulate concrete opinions on this. Personally, I don’t think there is enough evidence to suggest Doc is a predator as is the narrative most seem to be pushing with this. Having said that, he still spoke to a minor inappropriately and that will always be enough for most people to consider him a creep.
Well said.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Funny how the mob will jump to attack anyone they don't like the moment some shit comes out. But when it's this douche canoe, it's instantly "it's bullshit! he's innocent!" I personally couldn't give a flying fuck about this person in all honesty. If he did illegal shit, throw the book at him.
I don’t think anyone here is taking the position you suggested. I mean, he 100% admitted to the wrong doing. Some are taking the stance that it might be “minor” inappropriate behavior with a minor, and for some reason that’s ok with them.

StueyDuck

For those who think he did nothing wrong, or that it's not that serious, and people are overreacting:

Why do you think he isn't just releasing the transcript of the text conversation? There's no legal hindrance to him doing this, and it would exonerate him.

So, why hasn't he done it?

Any of you have a good answer?
you never release information to the public if you don't have to, we don't have any idea what is going on behind the scenes. There may be potential lawsuits still to come or even criminal trials, you simply don't play your hand early and risk dismissal or a defamation case. again a lot of people in this thread are jumping to conclusions thinking they understand literally everything that's going on and exactly what happened. you particularly need to chill and relax, people not wanting to hang and quarter a person based on very little of anything isn't this big evil movement. it's the whole point of the justice system.

you could also ask yourself the same question about Twitch, this happened on their platform? they could just expose him and get him locked up right? right!?

Last edited:
I wonder how his family is handling this. If I, with a minor, was having "mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate," I'd hope beyond all hopes that my wife would have the good sense to leave me, take the kid, and make off with as much money as she could get.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Would that enable Twitch staff to access private whispers without a report being made?
They certainly would have the capability, we aren’t talking about end to end encryption.

As a general rule of thumb anything you upload to a server can be accessed by those running the servers, and generally perfectly legally.

TrueGrime

This thread is all sorts of weird.

Legal or not, you’re a creep if you start bringing up age of consent to justify talking to youngings.

Even as we don't know the age of the minor, the whole "13 is different from 17" or "In the UK, 16 is okay" is just fucking slimy. Like, if you took the digital aspect away and saw a 30+ year old man walk up to a 13-17 year old kid in their school and started to strike up an inappropriate conversation, would you really be like, "That's a nothingburger." ?

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, I think Docs own admission is enough for me to conclude that he’s actions have been inexcusable. Though I think there are many other sub-topics that can be discussed surrounding this whole thing. Like at what point did he discover the minors age? Did Twitch breach data privacy by viewing Docs private DMs? What happened during the 3 year period between 2017-2020 with those whispers? There is a lot of context still being omitted and I do think it is fair for people not to want to formulate concrete opinions on this. Personally, I don’t think there is enough evidence to suggest Doc is a predator as is the narrative most seem to be pushing with this. Having said that, he still spoke to a minor inappropriately and that will always be enough for most people to consider him a creep.

I think most of the posts I've seen here is suggesting the guy is more of a "creep" and questioning his moral character rather than being a "predator". Predator is crossing over into criminal territory and there is no proof that I know of. Not saying no one is saying that, but I think most reasonable people understand the distinction between "creep" and "predator".

You ask good questions though. As far as the question of when DrD knew the person's age....I think that's on him to find out prior to having any conversation that could be considered inappropriate.

reinking

Gold Member
In case I ever get internet famous I need clarification on something. Is the issue that the "victim" is thought to have been 17? Or that he was 35? I might have sort-of dated a few girls in their 20's when I was 17. I also might have sort-of met the mother of my daughter when she was 17 and I was 21. No, we would not have gotten married and had a child when she was 17. I need that point to be clear just in case I need to make some vague tweets later. 😜

I wonder how his family is handling this. If I, with a minor, was having "mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate," I'd hope beyond all hopes that my wife would have the good sense to leave me, take the kid, and make off with as much money as she could get.

feynoob

Banned
but you are interjecting your own meaning into a legally vetted response.

in your head this was 2 people on twitter arguing and you are choosing sides. again personal bias.

and to be clear sexting is different to say making a sexual joke which is still not appropriate for a minor, sexting implies intent and from the investigation that was conducted at least in his words, there was no intent, if he was saying things like "oh god your tits are amazing to show me that sweet vag baby" then you would be correct, but he also could have been making an inappropriate joke that was not directed at her or made in her expense. You can't put your own personal context into these situations and then get annoyed that people aren't instantly joining you in some mob mentality. Until we have something tangible to go on, there's no reason to condemn or defend the man.
Texting a minor while you are adult is a grey area. Unless you are her teacher or relative, it will raise eyebrows.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think most of the posts I've seen here is suggesting the guy is more of a "creep" and questioning his moral character rather than being a "predator". Predator is crossing over into criminal territory and there is no proof that I know of. Not saying no one is saying that, but I think most reasonable people understand the distinction between "creep" and "predator".

You ask good questions though. As far as the question of when DrD knew the person's age....I think that's on him to find out prior to having any conversation that could be considered inappropriate.
I tend to read too much into "statements" but I think if he didn't know their age he would had said that in his statement or at least followed up with this assertion

At least I like to think we would have made this part of his statement by now

Three

but you are interjecting your own meaning into a legally vetted response.

in your head this was 2 people on twitter arguing and you are choosing sides. again personal bias.

and to be clear sexting is different to say making a sexual joke which is still not appropriate for a minor, sexting implies intent and from the investigation that was conducted at least in his words, there was no intent, if he was saying things like "oh god your tits are amazing to show me that sweet vag baby" then you would be correct, but he also could have been making an inappropriate joke that was not directed at her or made in her expense. You can't put your own personal context into these situations and then get annoyed that people aren't instantly joining you in some mob mentality. Until we have something tangible to go on, there's no reason to condemn or defend the man.
Go back and read the comments you responded to and figure out how your distinction on sexting and sexual jokes is even relevant. Why are you making assumptions about what I think the exact context is? must be your "personal bias" at play.

StueyDuck

Texting a minor while you are adult is a grey area. Unless you are her teacher or relative, it will raise eyebrows.
I agree eyebrows must be raised, I'm also not saying he's innocent either.

I just dont have enough info to want him locked up and throw away the key.

StueyDuck

Go back and read the comments you responded to and figure out how your distinction on sexting and sexual jokes is even relevant. Why are you making assumptions about what I think the exact context is? must be your "personal bias" at play.
I don't know what you are even on about anymore.

You brought sexting into this.

Three

I don't know what you are even on about anymore.

You brought sexting into this.
I said a commenter here's point was that the context was likely "sexual" in nature judging by the response about "no real intentions" and "no pics were sent" , etc. I didn't mention whether they were actually sexting or sending sexual jokes. What you're saying is completely irrelevant. I just said what the allegation was in an example conversation. You're hellbent on this "personal bias" thing though and trying to minimise things I wasn't even saying. Making assumptions that I accused him of sexting or something.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I said a commenter here's point was that the context was likely "sexual" in nature judging by the response about "no real intentions" and "no pics were sent" , etc. I didn't mention whether they were actually sexting or sending sexual jokes. What you're saying is completely irrelevant. I just said what the allegation was in an example conversation. You're hellbent on this "personal bias" thing though and trying to minimise things I wasn't even saying. Making assumptions that I accused him of sexting or something.
Honestly I'm just gonna tldr this.

Idk much of doc. But he fuck. Unless she was 17 and it was more of talking like, how to grow your fan base faster. When you turn 18, start showing some skin. See all them twitch thots out here u have to compete with.

My biggest thing, is these ex twitch employees, why now? Over 6 years ago. Yall sure was fine about it when yall was getting paid by twitch and let this guy get his contract paid out. Didn’t care bout holding twitch accountable then. For all we know, could had been employees that just heard it when it was going down. They could had never seen the texts and don’t truly know anything.

Thyuda

“I haven’t seen any proof of it, so I can 100% guarantee that it didn’t happen” 🙄

Despite your claim that you’re neutral and only reliant on verified information, it’s clear to see where your bias is.
“I haven’t seen any proof of it, so I can 100% guarantee that it did happen” 🙄

How oblivious are you people?

Furthermore I never said I guarantee ANYTHING, I remain neutral, and the neutral fact is that we simply don't know, and if you cannot handle that, don't reply to me anymore.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Lol don't ever exchange contact info with a student if you become a teacher.
tenor.gif

Ozriel

M$FT
I just dont have enough info to want him locked up and throw away the key.

Who is calling for him to be ‘locked up’?

Idk much of doc. But he fuck. Unless she was 17 and it was more of talking like, how to grow your fan base faster. When you turn 18, start showing some skin. See all them twitch thots out here u have to compete with.

My biggest thing, is these ex twitch employees, why now? Over 6 years ago. Yall sure was fine about it when yall was getting paid by twitch and let this guy get his contract paid out. Didn’t care bout holding twitch accountable then. For all we know, could had been employees that just heard it when it was going down. They could had never seen the texts and don’t truly know anything.

If the company was under an NDA as part of the arbitration settlement, they couldn’t post it while remaining employed.

Agreeing that what he did was terrible, and that what twitch did was fine, but I don't think someone should be branded a ped for life for talking to someone that's almost an adult that never evolved into anything more, no pics, no meetings, etc . . . that got me banned from IGN.

Nester99

Never DM "SMD" in anger to a person your having an Argument with online.....they might be 17 !

I want to know what was said before i cast a stone (we will never know). I am not willing to let the Blue hair runners of TWITCH who sat on this info for 7 years, paid him out and never contacted any law enforcement to be the ones who determine what is Inappropriate or not.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Never DM "SMD" in anger to a person your having an Argument with online.....they might be 17 !

I want to know what was said before i cast a stone (we will never know). I am not willing to let the Blue hair runners of TWITCH who sat on this info for 7 years, paid him out and never contacted any law enforcement to be the ones who determine what is Inappropriate or not.

Dr. Disrespect himself said his conversations with a minor leaned too much in the direction of inappropriate.

Just my cent, people ask "why are you guys defending him", but I only see 2 groups: people jumping the gun without any evidence on anything (even before the comments from him) and other folks saying like "wait for evidence before destroying someone's career". If even asking for evidence translates 1-1 to defending a pedophile then...

FunkMiller

you never release information to the public if you don't have to, we don't have any idea what is going on behind the scenes. There may be potential lawsuits still to come or even criminal trials, you simply don't play your hand early and risk dismissal or a defamation case. again a lot of people in this thread are jumping to conclusions thinking they understand literally everything that's going on and exactly what happened. you particularly need to chill and relax, people not wanting to hang and quarter a person based on very little of anything isn't this big evil movement. it's the whole point of the justice system.

you could also ask yourself the same question about Twitch, this happened on their platform? they could just expose him and get him locked up right? right!?

Please do stop telling everyone to relax. We’re shooting the shit about a greasy YouTuber. None of us care that much.

And if I were him, and could publically prove my ‘innocence’ before it destroys my career, I’d do so. The legal stuff has been cleared up, hence why we’re getting commentary from him and others now.

Last edited:

Nester99

Dr. Disrespect himself said his conversations with a minor leaned too much in the direction of inappropriate.

Clearly a hedge, but does that even mean ?

"leaning too?" but not actually? under what definition of inappropriate?

For example do we believe that Twitch, Neogaf and lets say Resetera users all have the same definition of what is Inappropriate?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Clearly a hedge, but does that even mean ?

"leaning too?" but not actually? under what definition of inappropriate?

For example do we believe that Twitch, Neogaf and lets say Resetera users all have the same definition of what is Inappropriate?

When the person accused of sexting a minor replies by saying his conversations with said minor leaned in the direction of inappropriate, you've got your head buried in the sand if you don't think that raises some red flags.

Last edited:
Top Bottom