• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

The guy is a dirtbag but I do think people are going overboard. Calling him a child molester and pedophile when it sounds like he's never even touched an underage person is wild.
Those are big labels to sling around willy nilly.
So you think only pedos are the ones that touch kids? Weird. Anyone his age talking to kids sexually is suss.

So you think only pedos are the ones that touch kids? Weird. Anyone his age talking to kids sexually is suss.

Yea, he's a dirtbag. But I don't think people should jump the gun and call him a pedo or child molester when he didn't even end up meeting with this chick apparently.
That's ridiculous imo. That's one step away from arresting people for memes like the UK is doing.

Yea, he's a dirtbag. But I don't think people should jump the gun and call him a pedo or child molester when he didn't even end up meeting with this chick apparently.
That's ridiculous imo. That's one step away from arresting people for memes like the UK is doing.
It's really not. I'm not saying he definitely is, but not meeting in person doesn't mean you're not a child predator. If you're an adult, especially his age, and have communications sexually with an underage person that at least makes you open to a lot of scrutiny. Because if you're willing to do that imagine what could potentially be on your computer. He is not free of this level of scrutiny, especially based on his lack of accountability. His actions and personality should be watched.

Last edited:
It's really not. I'm not saying he definitely is, but not meeting in person doesn't mean you're not a child predator. If you're an adult, especially his age, and have communications sexually with an underage person that at least makes you open to a lot of scrutiny. Because if you're willing to do that imagine what could potentially be on your computer. He is not free of this level of scrutiny, especially based on his lack of accountability. His actions in personality should be scrutinized.

I get that. But it’s still too soon to throw around those labels. Cops can’t even act on what he did. They wait until the person takes an action for a reason.

I get that. But it’s still too soon to throw around those labels. Cops can’t even act on what he did. They wait until the person takes an action for a reason.
Legally, you're right. But based on how he's been acting I think the court of public opinion is justified. I haven't seen any humbleness on his part or accountability for that matter. At minimum, I just don't people should have that much faith in him that he could never be doing anything more creepy than what he was found to be doing.

Maybe he wasn't, but he sure as hell is not doing a good job of making people think otherwise.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's really not. I'm not saying he definitely is, but not meeting in person doesn't mean you're not a child predator. If you're an adult, especially his age, and have communications sexually with an underage person that at least makes you open to a lot of scrutiny. Because if you're willing to do that imagine what could potentially be on your computer. He is not free of this level of scrutiny, especially based on his lack of accountability. His actions and personality should be scrutinized.
If you are having communications with a minor and its brought to your attention and you keep it up as one of the reports suggest then you are a pedo

Last edited:

nikos

I haven't posted much in here despite being a really big fan of Doc because I like to approach things rationally.

I've been waiting for receipts before either continuing to support him or writing him off completely. I'm prepared to do either without bias.

We still don't have receipts or even know the details of what happened. Forget details, we still don't really have an idea of what happened. Just a bunch of fingers being pointed at him.

I still believe that if anything legitimately bad/illegal happened, there would have been actual legal action taken, rather than just a Twitch ban, in 2020. Law enforcement would have had to get involved.

I don't do cancel culture so I'll continue to watch him until I'm given a legitimate reason not to. Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That's were I'd disagree. Those terms are not meant just for people that said words and moved on with their lives and never acted on anything.
I think maybe you should look up the actual definition of that term, you don't have to meet minors or act on your words, its simply attracted to kids

I think maybe you should look up the actual definition of that term, you don't have to meet minors or act on your words, its simply attracted to kids

By your definition I could call almost every teacher these days a pedophile cause they ask about sexual orientation.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Doc dropped a fake admission tweet in order to get himself out of a bad business deal with the Stealth Clown, it all makes sense, chess not checkers you fools!
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

That would make him open to lawsuits.

Stuart360

Legally, you're right. But based on how he's been acting I think the court of public opinion is justified. I haven't seen any humbleness on his part or accountability for that matter. At minimum, I just don't people should have that much faith in him that he could never be doing anything more creepy than what he was found to be doing.

Maybe he wasn't, but he sure as hell is not doing a good job of making people think otherwise.
Public opinion from none fans may be against him, but it seems not many in his fanbase are.
Since this all started 3 months ago or whenever it was, his Youtube subs have gone from 4.67mil to 4.61mil. Compare that to other streamers/youtubers that have had scandels and have lost hundreds of thousands, even million of subs.

Thats probably part of the reason he's coming back. Plus he's never been one to care about his none fans or haters anyway.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Public opinion from none fans may be against him, but it seems not many in his fanbase are.
Since this all started 3 months ago or whenever it was, his Youtube subs have gone from 4.67mil to 4.61mil. Compare that to other streamers/youtubers that have had scandels and have lost hundreds of thousands, even million of subs.

Thats probably part of the reason he's coming back. Plus he's never been one to care about his none fans or haters anyway.
Idk how he can continue being successful.

He will have to stream on kick. He can no longer monetize videos on YouTube so why even make content on there now?

No one will sponsor him, he’s basically stuck to Donations and subs. All creators say their big money is from YT and sponsorship deals.

Stuart360

Idk how he can continue being successful.

He will have to stream on kick. He can no longer monetize videos on YouTube so why even make content on there now?

No one will sponsor him, he’s basically stuck to Donations and subs. All creators say their big money is from YT and sponsorship deals.
I mean he turned down 50mil or something to stream on Kick. Turned down MS with Mixer who were offering millions. The guy is a multi-millionaire, and literally gets thousands of dollars in donations per stream.

Financially he will be fine, and i wouldnt be surprised if he took some legal action against Youtube to get that overturned.

Well of course he'd come back given those numbers. It's crazy to me that he lost so few of people. A lot of his fans just must not care.

To me, it's obviously a bad act. I wouldn't be surprised if this situation didn't mean he had other skeletons in his closet. What gets me is his narcissistism. He admitted to the thing and is coming back from a month all smiles. I just couldn't support someone like that. But, that's me.

MiguelItUp

I'm just interested in knowing what will be said. But I'm not checking his stream out to get that info, that's what he wants, lol.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I wonder what the nature of this conversation was. What we know is it was a minor. We don't know whether this was a male or female minor. We can take from Dr. Disrespect's now deleted confession tweet that it leans into inappropriate territory.

This leaves a lot to speculation. Since we can say the texts was of a sexual nature, this leaves possibilities which could be viewed very differently based on context.

For example, let's say the minor was male. Let's say the "sexual in nature" was Dr. Disrespect threatening this minor with sexual innuendos. An instance of this, Doc could have said something along the lines of "Bitch, see me in COD, I'll fuck your face just like I did your mom". In this case, it would be a minor, it would be sexual in nature and could be considered inappropriate.

I think many of us, myself included, imagine this sitiuation is sexual in nature toward a female minor and Doc is being a creep trying to lure this female minor into meeting him somewhere to act on these texts.

I say this not necessarily to defend Dr. Disrespect's actions, but more so to highlight just how little we know about this situation despite all we have seen and read about.

the hell is this?

Pedophile doing pedophile things to cope harder because he's been exposed to the world.

Reverse psychology doesn't work when everyone expects you to cope your return exactly like this.

His business involves kids, malleable, gullible kids (and obviously some brain-dead adults of course), who will eat up everything he says and does, handwaves every bit of evidence presented to them that he's a predator and copes with him because they don't want to be labelled as both, followers of a pedophile and being accused as one.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I wonder what the nature of this conversation was. What we know is it was a minor. We don't know whether this was a male or female minor. We can take from Dr. Disrespect's now deleted confession tweet that it leans into inappropriate territory.

This leaves a lot to speculation. Since we can say the texts was of a sexual nature, this leaves possibilities which could be viewed very differently based on context.

For example, let's say the minor was male. Let's say the "sexual in nature" was Dr. Disrespect threatening this minor with sexual innuendos. An instance of this, Doc could have said something along the lines of "Bitch, see me in COD, I'll fuck your face just like I did your mom". In this case, it would be a minor, it would be sexual in nature and could be considered inappropriate.

I think many of us, myself included, imagine this sitiuation is sexual in nature toward a female minor and Doc is being a creep trying to lure this female minor into meeting him somewhere to act on these texts.

I say this not necessarily to defend Dr. Disrespect's actions, but more so to highlight just how little we know about this situation despite all we have seen and read about.
Not super interested in what he has to say honestly

Have had more than one person tell me the rumors of Twitch warning him it was a minor and he ramped up the conversations were 100% true

There are people that lurk this very forum that worked at Twitch during this time and have seen the chats

Ultimately it comes down to his word vs theirs and many will still support him even if chat logs are produced some will just say they are faked to ruin him

I am here for the memes :)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not super interested in what he has to say honestly

Have had more than one person tell me the rumors of Twitch warning him it was a minor and he ramped up the conversations were 100% true

There are people that lurk this very forum that worked at Twitch during this time and have seen the chats

Ultimately it comes down to his word vs theirs and many will still support him even if chat logs are produced some will just say they are faked to ruin him

I am here for the memes :)
I mean that's fine. But people are calling him a pedo largely based on assumptions. They could be right, but unless we know more, I can't say with 100% certainty that this is entirely accurate.

What's really just kind of ridiculous is he's still going to have a massive fanbase despite what occurred and, unfortunately, both still be a huge creep AND continue to make more money than any of us by playing video games.

simpatico

Here's the thing. Doc fucked himself over. Is there a tangible difference in 17 years 6 months vs 18 years and 0 months? Well, the difference is 6 months. But we live in a society. We decided 18 was going to be the cutoff. Some people would say "oh man, it's only a few months. who cares?" Logically many would be inclined to agree. But again, we live in a society. In order to make that a society worth living in. we don't want any debate on this topic. Zero grey area. You give Doc a pass on 6 months and the next thing you know you've got Aria (previously Matt) arguing for his personal age exception and bringing up Doc as a precedent. Maybe it's 8 months under 18. Well that's only 60 more days than we allowed Doc... You see where this goes. Before you know it, mobile crematoriums will be in high demand for all the pedo removal. The moral of the story is, there's a lot of fish in the sea. 18 means 18, and if you're over 30 that ages jumps to 21 (not legally sadly).

Mattyp

Gold Member
Here's the thing. Doc fucked himself over. Is there a tangible difference in 17 years 6 months vs 18 years and 0 months? Well, the difference is 6 months. But we live in a society. We decided 18 was going to be the cutoff. Some people would say "oh man, it's only a few months. who cares?" Logically many would be inclined to agree. But again, we live in a society. In order to make that a society worth living in. we don't want any debate on this topic. Zero grey area. You give Doc a pass on 6 months and the next thing you know you've got Aria (previously Matt) arguing for his personal age exception and bringing up Doc as a precedent. Maybe it's 8 months under 18. Well that's only 60 more days than we allowed Doc... You see where this goes. Before you know it, mobile crematoriums will be in high demand for all the pedo removal. The moral of the story is, there's a lot of fish in the sea. 18 means 18, and if you're over 30 that ages jumps to 21 (not legally sadly).

Most of the world the age cutoff for them to consent is 16, USA is probably the only western country where they decided 18 in half the states.

But she can be 16 and I can be over 18 here and there’s nothing illegal about it. Not saying it’s right or defending it but just the way it is in the majority of the world.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Little reason to assume it was a girl at this point. Given his alleged involvement with a trans sex worker, and his strange men's bathroom recording incident, and the conspicuous lack of any gendered pronouns regarding the victim in his confession and Twitch's statement and other articles with separate sources about it, and his narcissistic comically hyper-masculine persona on a streaming platform full of boys, well...

Top Bottom