• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Stooky

Not super interested in what he has to say honestly

Have had more than one person tell me the rumors of Twitch warning him it was a minor and he ramped up the conversations were 100% true

There are people that lurk this very forum that worked at Twitch during this time and have seen the chats

Ultimately it comes down to his word vs theirs and many will still support him even if chat logs are produced some will just say they are faked to ruin him

I am here for the memes :)
he's saying its all lies person was of age etc

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Says he didn't "sext", and that the person was not a minor at the time of the messaging... Says "mutual bantering", basically says that Twitch team made allegations that they eventually realized weren't backed up by the facts...

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Doc single-handedly baited cancel culture with his "statement" tweet and made them look stupid for almost three months.
Yea Right GIF

Vlodril

He talks a good game and i do not like to personally judge anyone without any info. If people have the receipts it will backfire hard on him (although he is already a millionaire so not sure why he would care). He did say the person was of age of consent and the tweets were not sexting , there were no pics etc.

I think in the end the messages probably skim a moral line but definitely not a legal one. We 'll see though there is probably more coming from this. He keeps going on about the age of consent on the jurisdiction of the person so probably less than 18 more than 16 (not sure what the age of consent is on the US).

Last edited:

Stuart360

Apparent;y Twitch themselves said there was no wrong doing with the messages after review.
Sounds like some employees had it out for Doc.

nikos

Apparent;y Twitch themselves said there was no wrong doing with the messages after review.
Sounds like some employees had it out for Doc.

A lot of it had to do with the timing of Mixer failing, as he mentioned. They had just offered him a multi-million dollar contract and needed a way to pull out. Was obvious even at the time.

Stuart360

I think a lot of people who dont watch the DOC dont realize that the blue haired 'Twitch streamer saftey team' was after DOC since they were formed, due to the guy he is. He's not PC or exactly a streamer that fits in with the brainwashing agenda drivel filled planet we currently live on.

I for one believe what he's said, he's speaking from the heart. The main thingh DOC did wrong is publicly lambasting Twitch for the last 4 years. The blue haired brigade didnt like it and thought they would get their own back.

People can have their pitchforks at the ready but i believe him.

Stooky

So his admission it was a minor was what exactly?

Is he really playing Wordle?

Saw this pop up :)

Hes addressing all of it on the stream right now. Saying articles that were written about him are BS and that it all comes from this one community manager that he complained about. twitch took a look it at allegations with law authorities said it was nothing but somehow after that the twitch community manager pushed up it chain which led to him getting banned. Said that he or the "the person' was never interviewed about what happened etc, said person never pressed charges when asked, and what was said were jokes that went to far out of context...............I don't know. and this 'person' is not pressing charges. No one knows the age , or who this person is. if she was underage there would have been charges. At this point its all rumors, to vague. I would like to trust the articles but the current journalism for this situation is shitty. After seeing what these publications tried to do to Black Myth Wukong. oh well

Last edited:
I think a lot of people who dont watch the DOC dont realize that the blue haired 'Twitch streamer saftey team' was after DOC since they were formed, due to the guy he is. He's not PC or exactly a streamer that fits in with the brainwashing agenda drivel filled planet we currently live on.

I for one believe what he's said, he's speaking from the heart. The main thingh DOC did wrong is publicly lambasting Twitch for the last 4 years. The blue haired brigade didnt like it and thought they would get their own back.

People can have their pitchforks at the ready but i believe him.
Dude cheated on his wife. I wouldn't believe any word he says.

Flintty

Have we shifted timelines to one where he didn’t admit it already? Trying to keep up.
According to today’s statement, it was ‘inappropriate banter’ but not of the sexual kind. So the word ‘inappropriate’ was taken out of context. A report was allegedly sent to the authorities (seemingly by a twitch staffer with a grudge) but the authorities took no action.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hes addressing all of it on the stream right now. Saying articles that were written about him are BS and that it all comes from this one community manager that he complained about. twitch took a look it at allegations with law authorities said it was nothing but somehow after that the twitch community manager pushed up it chain which led to him getting banned. Said that he or the "the person' was never interviewed about what happened etc, said person never pressed charges when asked, and what was said were jokes that went to far out of context...............I don't know. and this 'person' is not pressing charges. No one knows the age , or who this person is. if she was underage there would have been charges. it this point its all rumors, to vague. I don't trust these publications, I know how they roll out these stories, especially recently seeing what these publications tried to do to Black Myth Wukong,
Then why the curated statement where he admitted inappropriate texting a minor?

Why didn't he set everyone straight 3 months ago?

Top Bottom