• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

near

Gold Member
You don’t use the word minor by accident, then simply backstep and say he changed it. I just don’t think he saw it as a big deal.
He specifically said he emphasized it. It wasn't an accident. He now categorically denies that they were a minor, by stating the user was over the age of consent at the time of the messages. You can't exactly pick and choose which of he's statements are true and deny other aspects. He is either a liar from the beginning or he is telling the truth now. 🤷‍♂️

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
He specifically said he emphasized it. It wasn't an accident. He now categorically denies that they were a minor, by stating the user was over the age of consent at the time of the messages. You can't exactly pick and choose which of he's statements are true and deny other aspects. He is either a liar from the beginning or he is telling the truth now. 🤷‍♂️
I agree. That’s why he comes across as deceitful to me. Shit doesn’t line up. The flip flopping on super serious statements can’t be overlooked.

Vlodril

One of the first things he talked about was monetization. I don't care what he said elsewhere, this is solely about the money. And people have damn good reason not to believe him. If he wants people to change their mind then he needs to prove that the messages that were exchanged were taken completely out of context, as he said. He can't have it both ways.

That is not how justice systems should work. Nor how we should determine in a society if someone is guilty. It's not upon the accused to provide proof of his innocence but on the accuser to provide proof of his guilt.

near

Gold Member
I agree. That’s why he comes across as deceitful to me. Shit doesn’t line up. The flip flopping on super serious statements can’t be overlooked.
I don't think he has flip-flopped on he's statements. He never admitted to sexting a minor, he never admitted to arranging to meet up with the user in question. The only thing that is sus is he's use of the word minor in he's original statement. The only substantial evidence we have ever had here is Docs own admission to the whispers occurring. He's choice of words in that statement are ambiguous and most including myself have been led to think the worst. Now with this added context, do we believe him or is he a liar? If he is lying now, then we simply cannot use he's own original admission in the first place against him.

Did he not say (along with his twitter posts over the last few months) that he “baited” all of these publications into defaming him based on false information (“sexting” a “minor”) - and is now claiming "it worked"

Last edited:

Toons

Or anyone else who fired him

Or scream at every mountain top he did nothing wrong and not 3 months later and like you said not behind his persona

If he was completely in the clear then why would he have been so willing to acquiesce to his ban in the first place? He just took the money and refused to reveal the reason for the ban and was clearly content to keep things that way up until this whole debacle forced his hand.

Why would he not have made a big fuss about this if he had a legitimate claim to innocence? He was among the biggest streamers on the entire platform at the time and no one ever had anything but disdain for twitch higher ups. Would have been easy to rally support amongst his fans and other streamers for his being allowed back on the site.

Theres something in those messages he really doesn't want us to see, legal or not. That, and his own team not even backing him up(with the one guy explicitly saying "if you in appropriately text minors i can't work with you) plus his general history of being shockingly bad at controlling himself leads to be not believe a word he says now.

Toons

Because his wife is still with him. If she wanted a divorce and money she'd get it. There's a reason they're still together.

They have a child. Divorce isn't some simple answer even in the case of infidelity especially when there's children involved. A whole lot of people stay with someone not faithful to them for a variety of complicated reasons that have nothing to do with whether the person is a good husband or not

drotahorror

I don't think he has flip-flopped on he's statements. He never admitted to sexting a minor, he never admitted to arranging to meet up with the user in question. The only thing that is sus is he's use of the word minor in he's original statement. The only substantial evidence we have ever had here is Docs own admission to the whispers occurring. He's choice of words in that statement are ambiguous and most including myself have been led to think the worst. Now with this added context, do we believe him or is he a liar? If he is lying now, then we simply cannot use he's own original admission in the first place against him.
his x5

Rockondevil

just-kidding-but-seriously.gif

Topher

Gold Member
That is not how justice systems should work. Nor how we should determine in a society if someone is guilty. It's not upon the accused to provide proof of his innocence but on the accuser to provide proof of his guilt.

I'm not talking about the justice system. I said if he wants people to "change their mind". This clown show he put on certainly isn't going to do it.

reinking

Gold Member
He either texted a minor or not.
This ain't schrödinger's cat.
I believe what most likely happened, he did text a minor (under the age of full legal responsibility *usually 18) but one that is over the legal age of consent (16-17). That is why his original statement admitted to texting a minor and his current statements only says the person is over the age of consent. Most people think it is not a lie if you can manipulate the words enough in your favor.

Because his wife is still with him. If she wanted a divorce and money she'd get it. There's a reason they're still together.

Man how old are you? This is not the way relationships works. I've known women who stayed with men who consistently beat them even after saying they were done. They go right back to him after a week or so. My best friend that I've known for over 20 years just told me his wife was beating him and he was ashamed to admit it. They've been together for 13 years.

Topher

Gold Member

Not sure I understand what you are saying here. "If he is lying now" then he is still a liar and nothing he says can be believed. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

near

Gold Member
Not sure I understand what you are saying here. "If he is lying now" then he is still a liar and nothing he says can be believed. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
All I'm saying is if you don't believe this statement today, why do you believe he's initial statement? The only substantial evidence we have is Docs own admission of parts of the allegation. So if you're choosing to use he's own initial statement against him, why aren't you considering the additional context he just offered? Does that make sense?

I'm not talking about the justice system. I said if he wants people to "change their mind". This clown show he put on certainly isn't going to do it.

This is the problem. The mob wants blood in every damn situation. It doesn't matter if the law finds you innocent or not. I'm not even a fan of his but i just don't get the notion that legally, there was no wrong doing but he somehow has to appease the mob to be redeemed. How about we put the burden of proof on the Twitch employees where it should be.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Did he not literally say (along with his twitter teases over the last few months) that he “baited” all of these publications into defaming him based on false information (“sexting” a “minor”) - and it worked.
And you just believed that bullshit. Holy shit man. I just can’t argue with that stance.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This is the problem. The mob wants blood in every damn situation. It doesn't matter if the law finds you innocent or not. I'm not even a fan of his but i just don't get the notion that legally, there was no wrong doing but he somehow has to appease the mob to be redeemed. How about we put the burden of proof on the Twitch employees where it should be.
Here on earth, you typically need to clear your own name. Not the opposition.

I think if he really wanted to, he could. He’s either choosing not to, and losing more money by the day, or can’t.

Portugeezer

I believe what most likely happened, he did text a minor (under the age of full legal responsibility *usually 18) but one that is over the legal age of consent (16-17). That is why his original statement admitted to texting a minor and his current statements only says the person is over the age of consent. Most people think it is not a lie if you can manipulate the words enough in your favor.
Yeah but he said it wasn't sexting (could be BS and he could be swerving around the legal definition), so we could be talking about profanity, which can still look bad depending on how it's taken (which is what he claims the Twitch staff did).

At this point, somebody needs to leak the messages.

Topher

Gold Member
All I'm saying is if you don't believe this statement today, why do you believe he's initial statement? The only substantial evidence we have is Docs own admission of parts of the allegation. So if you're choosing to use he's own initial statement against him, why aren't you considering the additional context he just offered? Does that make sense?

If a guy is reading a carefully doctored statement that his lawyers have prepared for him to navigate through these landmines then I'm already completely suspicious of everything being said. His original statement was him shooting from the hip. It was completely stupid and he should have known better, but I definitely believe that initial tweet more than this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah but he said it wasn't sexting (could be BS and he could be swerving around the legal definition), so we could be talking about profanity, which can still look bad depending on how it's taken (which is what he claims the Twitch staff did).

Not somebody, he does if he wants his name cleared and he hasn’t yet done that

reinking

Gold Member

I agree that is most likely the only way we will know the truth but I am okay with them not leaking of the other person involved does not want their identity leaked.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Like others have speculated, I think he doesn’t want to release the chats because of who/what this minor is. He’s shown his interests in trannies (nothing wrong with that, you do you), so maybe it’s an underage boy. And he might lose is right-wing followers if it comes out that he’s into little boys.

Vlodril

Yea i am talking about how we judge people not in a legal sense only but online/offline etc.

near

Gold Member
If a guy is reading a carefully doctored statement that his lawyers have prepared for him to navigate through these landmines then I'm already completely suspicious of everything being said. His original statement was him shooting from the hip. It was completely stupid and he should have known better, but I definitely believe that initial tweet more than this.
Well, he's lawyer won the lawsuit against Twitch, so if I was him I'd probably do the same. If he was smart enough to script this statement, the previous was also scripted.

Calverz

I’m still on the fence although I think he makes a strong case for people having a vendetta against him. As far as I can tell, he said:

1. He never sexted the person. No images were shared and never planned to meet in public.

2. The person at the time of the whispers was of legal age.

3. His court case against twitch resulted in judge deciding no wrong doing so no law broken.

The only thing now is the whole fact he said he did message a ‘minor’ in that original tweet. But he says it was a trap for journalists. Which is a bit sus.

Regardless I don’t see him getting a YouTube partnership now anyway with all this hanging over him.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Not believing what the guy is saying is not a "mob" wanting "blood". The worst thing that could happen to the guy is that he takes his millions and lives the rest of his life in luxury.

Well, he's lawyer won the lawsuit against Twitch, so if I was him I'd probably do the same. If he was smart enough to script this statement, the previous was also scripted.

There wasn't a lawsuit. It was settled out of court. Yes, Twitch paid him to go away. What does that tell you? No, his previous statement was clearly not prepared by his lawyers. If it was then they wouldn't have to be fixing the mess.

Last edited:

Branded

I love this so much You was like, will my statement is done.Wanna watch me watch play Something and the chat was like nah. We just want to see you lie bye.
I mean he always sits around 20-30k with spikes every now and then. Core audience hasn't gone anywhere.

near

Gold Member
There wasn't a lawsuit. It was settled out of court. Yes, Twitch paid him to go away. What does that tell you? No, his previous statement was clearly not prepared by his lawyers. If it was then they wouldn't have to be fixing the mess.
He sued them. Yeah, it was settled. That tells me there was no wrong doing on he's behalf.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
He literally didn’t, but ok.

You might try and pay better attention to terminology and legal speak before blindly siding with the pitchfork mob.
My bad. He admitted to having whisper messages with a minor.

Then he said those conversations sometimes leaned too much in the direction of inappropriate.

Hey bro. You do you, worship who you want. When a grown as married man and father says those two things, yeah, fuck that piece of shit.

MarV0

Neo Member
Some unhappy wives will stay with bad men when there’s money or kids. She wouldn’t be the first, or last.
If you think you have any grasp of what makes a marriage work or a wife happy you're only kidding yourself.

Especially when it comes to a couple that you have zero clue about.

Portugeezer

Not somebody, he does if he wants his name cleared and he hasn’t yet done that
No, he doesn't when he has people supporting him after his statement.

And that's my point, we have people doubting either side of the argument so it would be nice if somebody could leak the messages and end this.

Topher

Gold Member
He sued them. Yeah, it was settled. That tells me there was no wrong doing on he's behalf.

There was clearly no legal wrongdoing. But this also tells us that what did happen was enough for Twitch to want nothing more to do with someone who made them a shitton of money. Corporations don't break lucrative agreements with partners like that over nothing.

Calverz

Ok so my mate was just explaining that he chose his words wisely. He said that the girl was of legal age of where she was and that he was found to have not sexted by the legal definition.

In the UK, the age of consent is 16. So the girl possibly from uk. That’s all a bit dodgy to me. Like I get it. No laws broken but still a bit creepy tbh.

Here on earth, you typically need to clear your own name. Not the opposition.

I think if he really wanted to, he could. He’s either choosing not to, and losing more money by the day, or can’t.
Here in the USA, you are innocent until proven guilty. As of today he has spoken out. But the mob doesn’t ever want redemption. It wants blood.

There was clearly no legal wrongdoing. But this also tells us that what did happen was enough for Twitch to want nothing more to do with someone who made them a shitton of money. Corporations don't break lucrative agreements with partners like that over nothing.

Twitch is a far left cesspool. Are you saying we should trust them over law enforcement. They have a deer on their advisory team lol

near

Gold Member
Settlements tend to happen to save time and money and make shit (Doc) go away as quickly as possible.

We can go around in circles on this one, but I'd rather not. He sued, and got paid out. He wouldn't have been paid out if the ban was justified. I don't really want to speculate on the how and why, I'd rather just look at what we know to be true and can justify with logical reasoning.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No, he doesn't when he has people supporting him after his statement.

And that's my point, we have people doubting either side of the argument so it would be nice if somebody could leak the messages and end this.
Coming from someone who played professional sports I can say without a doubt there is a huge infatuation with "celebrities"

I have seen firsthand Baseball players admit they cheated the sport (some multiple times) and home crowds give them standing ovations when they return

Top Bottom