• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekku

No audiophiles on Gaf? I want to hear some comments on the sound. It's what stuck out the most to me in the trailers.

It's a shame the snow and rain aint there day one but damn, if it was, this game would knock a lot of people's socks off. Lot of people would be playing with cold feet...
Yup, I keep thinking how much I want snow and rain to be there already. Almost wish the game was just delayed to have them at launch.

Also, that one menu song is dirty as hell. You all know which one. The soundtrack is so good.

viveks86

I still kinda suck at driving. This is my first game in cockpit view. And I've turned the HUD completely off. No map, nothing. Never raced like this in my life. But i can't have it any other way. It doesn't sound right in other camera angles. They sound like I'm actually strapped up to the exterior of the car in real life. Too loud. Everything screams at you. The engine, tires, other cars, wind etc. Probably the accurate way it should sound, but I want to feel like I'm gonna drive, not die.

Holy crap. Just got in to a situation like that one gif. Racing at night time, cockpit view, took a bad turn and rolled a couple times. That was intense.

No audiophiles on Gaf? I want to hear some comments on the sound. It's what stuck out the most to me in the trailers.
Sound design is pretty fantastic all around. Evo's done a great job. Be warned, though: Lots of tire squeal.

And aww yeah just unlocked the Maserati. Now the fun begins.

DiscoDave

Am I right to think that UK wont be getting drive club ps plus till 11 tonight I checked before I went to work and it wasnt there yet :(

Do people get a 0.5 second pause when you hit the finish line? It kinda pauses before changing the camera view.
Noticed that for the first time in the GameSpot stream last night. Maybe lag saving your results to da cloud, or slight issue in latest patch?

Playing offline will rule out first one.

red731

41. The recordings were so accurate that BMW and Mercedes-Benz AMG requested copies to replace their existing library.
42. In many cases, Evolution’s audio captures are the most high definition recordings of these cars in existence.

I haven't played it yet, but just these two points make me absolutely not worry about the sound.

Jimrpg

Couldn't help myself and watched a couple of streams.

The handling looks like its more Need For Speed or Burnout than PGR. It just looks very light. Whereas PGR is much more sim compared to this. For the record I'd categorise PGR as something halfway between sim and arcade. It looks as though Driveclub is more arcade like like Burnout or NFS.

Was hoping it was more like PGR. Maybe its just the sense of speed. Regardless I'll enjoy the game for what it is. Those flyovers are amazing!

viveks86

Noticed that for the first time in the GameSpot stream last night. Maybe lag saving your results to da cloud, or slight issue in latest patch?

Playing offline will rule out first one.

Servers are dead. I am playing in offline mode. Happens every time. It's after the race, so I don't care. But everything looks so polished otherwise...

Just bought the US version off the store (UK), only another 6 hours until I can get home and start the download. Today is going to go so slow.

afmxl34.jpg

I would approach that corner by turning in earlier, hitting the apex at the very tip of the bend, and then exiting on the outer side. I thought your line had to be as straight as possible when turning. Well, that's the way I've always raced, anyway.

deadfolk

Both normal and PS+ edition.
It sucks.
The rest of EU get it tomorrow though.

Except Ireland, probably.

PUBLISHERS: IRELAND IS NOT IN THE UK!

If you must include us in the late releases, at least do us the courtesy of telling us.

Sorry guys, I'm going to shut up about this now. Pet peeve, and all that.

Marlenus

I would approach that corner by turning in earlier, hitting the apex at the very tip of the bend, and then exiting on the outer side. I thought your line had to be as straight as possible when turning. Well, that's the way I've always raced, anyway.

That picture shows a late apex approach, great if you are going onto a long straight as you can get the power down a bit earlier and as such you will have a great v max at the next braking point. It is used a lot in places like Canada and Malaysia with their hairpins going onto long straights.

Generally you want to reduce the radius of the corner as much as possible to get the maximum speed through it but there are some cases where altering this slightly is beneficial.

MavFan619

Banned
Now that the online aspects seem to be coming in I like that I'm repeating this lap for a better time and people who have added me through DriveClub-Gaf leave challenges. Only took one of them so far though :(

DOWN

Banned
Couldn't help myself and watched a couple of streams.

The handling looks like its more Need For Speed or Burnout than PGR. It just looks very light. Whereas PGR is much more sim compared to this. For the record I'd categorise PGR as something halfway between sim and arcade. It looks as though Driveclub is more arcade like like Burnout or NFS.

Was hoping it was more like PGR. Maybe its just the sense of speed. Regardless I'll enjoy the game for what it is. Those flyovers are amazing!

PGR is my fav racer series and Driveclub reminds me of that more than any other game. With weather and maybe a couple of city tracks, no doubt will it be my ultimate dream racing title.

Yup. This is what I'm seeing on my screen. What the hell were people posting earlier in the thread? o_O
Their fucking HUD and a 12:00 time setting in game

MJLord

I'm not sure if the turn keeps going at a shallower angle after the image. Looks like it might.

But yeah I had a similar reaction to that xD

EDIT:
Nvm
That picture shows a late apex approach, great if you are going onto a long straight as you can get the power down a bit earlier and as such you will have a great v max at the next braking point. It is used a lot in places like Canada and Malaysia with their hairpins going onto long straights.

Generally you want to reduce the radius of the corner as much as possible to get the maximum speed through it but there are some cases where altering this slightly is beneficial.

ValfarHL

The reflections of the dashboard in the windshield are so awesome!
I just hope my playseat and Thrustmaster T500 arrives in time for the unlock in Norway tomorrow. :S

DOWN

Banned
I'll assess later. For now, I'll say I thought it sounded great. No weird compression sounds or annoying tire screech volume. Just a great theatre mix and my god the cockpit in this game is the most pleasing there could be for a presentation whore. It looks and sounds like a AAA dream compared to competitors.

BatmanX

Guys, it's really good. Like, instant classic good.

God damn I really hope you're right, pacific rift was among the very best of the past gen totally love it but after apocalypse and the departures of many members of the staff I was really gettin worried, but well, fuck the reviews I've preordered the special, I'm gonna support the guys!!!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Damage looks good. I like the way the windscreen doesn't just crack all over in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom