• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gacha-pin

Got home from work. booted PS4 up...wow kinda overwhelmed by the number of FR I received from driveclub-gaf. accepting them and then my PS4 got froze lol

drotahorror

Damn. I'm getting so many requests to join my club. Really sorry guys. We had planned this last month on the Neogaf club thread. Team was formed with 6 people already. There are so many of you and I don't have an easy way to send a personal note to everyone. Hope you see this and forgive me for declining. :(

How can you even do club stuff? My servers always DC'd. I can't connect to any social hub thing. I'd like to just join a random club and level it up, although I don't know if that's how it works.

I'm closing in on level 15 and feel like I should be contributing to something.

Queued, downloaded, dying to play...and now I'm getting ready for work this AM. :( this game AND Alien:Isolation

It's. not. fair.

Also am I incorrect in hearing that there is a livery or custom design editor of sorts?

Yeah, but apprently not as good as Forza's.

Darvan

I started the game of course some connection issue's to the server but other wise nothing else bad to report other than me being sleepy. The graphic's are insane now the real question does GAF have a club!

MavFan619

Banned
xoqdWV7.jpg

Do I just suck at posting images I only see a blank box on mobile ;_;

jobrro

No preload for Australia? Or am I missing something?

Yeah I usually buy my games on a US account and have become used to preloading... I have PS+ on my AU account so I bought this a few day ago on it.

ivemadeahugemistake.gif

Less that 4 hours on the countdown and no preload. The UK preload is supposed to start in about an hour... Maybe we are tied to them.

I have to say, DRIVECLUB is everything I have ever hoped for in a racer. Even though I really suck at drifting, I absolutely love the detail that is put into it in order to perfect certain moves. Well done, Evolution! This is an insane amount of fun!

just wondering, does the game have a driving line? i don't see an option and the only time it's in the race is when it's part of a challenge.

viveks86

How can you even do club stuff? My servers always DC'd. I can't connect to any social hub thing. I'd like to just join a random club and level it up, although I don't know if that's how it works.

I'm closing in on level 15 and feel like I should be contributing to something.

Ha. Everything is smooth as butter now for me. The UI is really coming back to life. Counts updating live everywhere!

deadfolk

UPDATE: Apparently, you need a US credit card on file to do this. Crap.

To anyone in UK/IE who doesn't want to wait until Friday for the PS+ version:

You can create a US PSN account (or use an existing one), get a free 14-day trial and grab it when the US version goes live. Should work, afaik.

You can grab the trial from the PSN store, it seems - as long as that account hasn't had a trial previously.

The only restriction I can think of is that you'll only be able to play it for 14 days - then you'll have to switch to the EU version, and I imagine that the progress will be separate between the two regions. Obviously, you could play the US version just until Friday and switch then, if you don't want to lose too much progress.

viveks86

Also am I incorrect in hearing that there is a livery or custom design editor of sorts?

There is. Better than NFS, lesser than Forza. "Decent" would be how I'd label it. It's really assembling/coloring layers together. Can't paint stuff, if that's what you are looking for

Good enough for me. Could use some enhancements down the line.

jobrro

You can create a US PSN account (or use an existing one), get a free 14-day trial and grab it when the US version goes live. Should work, afaik.

I tried to activate a 14 day trial the other day an it wouldn't accept my Australian credit card... Don't think you need a CC for prepaid PS+ but for trials you do.

Codeblew

Queued, downloaded, dying to play...and now I'm getting ready for work this AM. :( this game AND Alien:Isolation

It's. not. fair.

Haven't messed with it too much since I haven't unlocked much yet but I don't think it is that in depth. Just patterns/colors. I don't think it is anything like in Forza.

kriskrosbbk

You can grab the trial from the PSN store, it seems - as long as that account hasn't had a trial previously.

The only restriction I can think of is that you'll only be able to play it for 14 days - then you'll have to switch to the EU version, and I imagine that the progress will be separate between the two regions. Obviously, you could play the US version just until Friday and switch then, if you don't want to lose too much progress.

Are we sure that even the demo will be released on Friday for UK?

CLEEK

Been playing for 45 mins. Constantly getting 'Your connection to the Driveclub server had been lost' message. I'm online, signed into PSN, yet this game's online stuff isn't working.

Help!

Loudninja

Been playing for 45 mins. Constantly getting 'Your connection to the Driveclub server had been lost' message. I'm online, signed into PSN, yet this game's online stuff isn't working.

Help!
Its cool man everyone else is having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom