• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is all wonderful. Loving it so far, and it's gameplay/handling > lighting > sense of scale > scenery graphics for me, it's just so satisfying to play, even though I'm still in the rookie cars. It feels a lot like Top Gear Rally on N64 as much as anything, and I adored that game.

I can't stay away from my third-person arcade view, I've tried bonnet-cam but it's too much of a change while I'm getting used to the handling.

GameSeeker

Hey guys, quick question, sorry for the ignorance. Is the full Driveclub out yet? This morning the PS4 had downloaded a less-than-3Gb version, which can't possibly be the whole thing, so I'm guessing it's just the PS+ version?

Full DriveClub is out in the US. It will download 3GB first (play and go) and then the rest. Final size is ~16GB.

The PS+ Edition is not yet out in the US. That should arrive later today when Sony does the store update.

driver116

I can't stay away from my third-person arcade view, I've tried bonnet-cam but it's too much of a change while I'm getting used to the handling.

I'll be primarily driving in chase cam (that just how I roll) with intermittent bursts of cockpit. I just love looking at my car and panning the camera around while racing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does this work without a CC?

no. I have $80 credit on my US PSN account and it didn't care.

But I tried my entropay card and that worked - it is a virtual visa card that you can sign up for. I don't use it often, but it can be handy for sites that I don't want to give my real card number too.

denshuu

you can turn on the music on the menus i think, it's disabled by default. also, you can only play your own music on the ps4 if you use Music Unlimited (Sony streaming music service)

A paid subscription just to play my own music? That's... Yeah man, that's gross. I found the music in the Settings menu though, thanks.

Ploid 3.0

Just got back to racing. Took up cayoosh trials. UNBELIEVABLE. The scale and beauty of this track gave me goosebumps! And the sound of driving through that bridge with the crisscrossing steel beams is absolutely bonkers! I had to pause for a second because it was all too much to take in.

I'm almost in tears guys. This is it. Don't care about reviews. Give it a 4 for all I care. Whine about how the game doesn't have a track on Mars or is missing an established gameplay mode that has been fundamental to racing games since the 18th century. I DON'T CARE! I haven't even played with my club mates yet and I already know.

THIS. IS. FUCKING. IT!

Yep reviews are for companies and such. While I hope Evo does well and have a highly praised by the critics game, I'd rather the game be awesome to me and hooks me. I don't love every game the critics love, and I don't hate everything the critics hate. They have their own weird tastes and I know how it is being forced to play a game I'm not interested in, imagine doing that all the time. Food critics, movie critics, and more don't have to spend 5+ hours on the thing they are reviewing usually, and if they do it's probably a avid traveler that loves to ride in trains that reviews the restaurants, entertainment, and such experience provided by train rides.

driver116

you can turn on the music on the menus i think, it's disabled by default. also, you can only play your own music on the ps4 if you use Music Unlimited (Sony streaming music service)

They should have put a one-time popup asking if you want it on or off. Save any confusion.

So I bought the game and have it downloading successfully and it started downloading automatically, then I received 2 emails, the first one was a confirmation that I bought it, the second one which arrived a few minutes late said pro order cancelled due to payment failure.

I'm guessing this is because I had no funds in my wallet, but I thought it would automatically add the funds from my credit card to the wallet to make the purchase which is usually does.

Anyway, it's still downloading even though they "cancelled" it. Not sure what's going to happen.

Dahaka

"@aamkhayega 1 Min.
@Afternaut what about gaming headphones?"

4036129-2330969-6740561239-f395c.gif

As someone who played A LOT of Motorstorm:pR

This game is a lot like Motorstorm to me. Even the lighting design reminds me of MS:pR. The menus. The star system. They way the shrubbery works. Even some of the shaders and post processing effects remind me of MS:pR.

More problems. I successfully downloaded the update file and the driveclub file but nothing else has downloaded, and it's says playable in 2hrs 26mins (which would be 1am weds)

The driveclub file was 2.7GB and that's it.

El-Suave

My heavily discounted version arrived from Amazon Germany today. Got a €50 discount from last year's PS4 launch. Now I'm debating whether I should open the game or sell it as new.
I enjoy the occasional car game, but rarely dive into them too deeply. I loved Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm, but the last game I've tried (NFS Rivals) was actually worse for its pushy online integration. I sold that one pretty soon and I usually keep my games. I loved how Burnout Paradise handeled it, but Autolog which followed from Criterion and EA was too intrusive for me. So my question for those who have played a bit already is if I should give it a try or take the extra money a sealed copy might bring?

Vroadstar

Got the game, OMG it looks glorious! handling is great and it plays great as well.

One thing I noticed which I thought at first was a graphical glitch but turned out it's really the dashboard reflecting, not used to this much attention to detail in a racing so that's my WTF moment.

DRIVECLUB-GAF let's go!

bombshell

That lock icon is normal because game is not yet unlocked in EU or I have to restore licences?

It's normal.

More problems. I successfully downloaded the update file and the driveclub file but nothing else has downloaded, and it's says playable in 2hrs 26mins (which would be 1am weds)

On the game tile, press Options -> Information and follow the background download process.

Betty

Banned
I don't understand why the UK PSN store says Driveclub can be preorderd from £49.99 but when you click on it the price is actually £34.99.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any drawbacks to downloading this from US PSN as UK man?

The only restriction would be if you have or ever buy a 2nd PS4. It'll run on your first console just fine while signed in with your UK PSN (make it your primary console for your US account), but any 2nd/3rd PS4s will require you to be signed in with your US account to play.

I have two PS4s now (bought a white one) so I have started buying more UK digital games (and driveclub is a decent price).

Carl

Not seeing the problem. The small file is the minimum you needed to download to play the game (or would be if the game were out). the rest downloads in the background. Press options and details to track progress

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

That's all you need to start playing. Once you start the game the rest will download in the background.

DrKelpo

Banned
is my twitch broken or why are there no driveclub streams? if i search for it, it shows 5 or so streams, but none of them show actual gameplay at the moment.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't understand why the UK PSN store says Driveclub can be preorderd from £49.99 but when you click on it the price is actually £34.99.

there are two games on the PSN store. The normal game (£49.99) and the PS+ upgrade (£34.99). I guess if you're clicking on the normal game it is detecting you have a PS+ subscription and reducing the price to the same as the PS+ version

nikos

Despite playing for hours yesterday, I was barely able to sleep due to all of the hype in this thread,
and the loud ass construction outside of my apartment.

Covfan

If anyone has a spare US PSN 1 month code if they could pass it my way I'd be their bestest friend in the whole world.

Just in case anyone is wondering, you can now seemingly preload the game in the UK. It's downloading for me now but the preorder DLC is failing to download.

kyser73

Playgo file - the rest will dl in the background while you play.

Betty

Banned
there are two games on the PSN store. The normal game (£49.99) and the PS+ upgrade (£34.99). I guess if you're clicking on the normal game it is detecting you have a PS+ subscription and reducing the price to the same as the PS+ version

So If I were to preorder the PS+ upgrade it'll feature everything from the full game?

boeso

UK GAF: where's the cheapest for physical? Hoping Amazon would be around the £40 mark, but its still £46.

Gamestop has it for £43 but I'm not a fan of their service. Halp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom