• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't tell me I'm the only one with no connection to the server? :/

My connection was off this morning, then intermittent, and now I'm getting arse-handing challenges and leaderboards on every race.

I am a 60 fps whore and so far it looks pretty damn good.

/shocked

Yeah, it's great really. There's no latency issues with the handling for me so far, and the 30ps framerate only really catches the corner of my eye when I'm on a long straight with minimal close-up scenery.

So there's a glitch in my game. There's bits of greenery floating around the track.

I reinstalled the game, but they are still there.

It's the Korean edition, do you think there's an issue with the disc? or something that might correct itself?

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
So there's a glitch in my game. There's bits of greenery floating around the track.

I reinstalled the game, but they are still there.

It's the Korean edition, do you think there's an issue with the disc? or something that might correct itself?
Screenshot?

benzy

Just got back to racing. Took up cayoosh trials. UNBELIEVABLE. The scale and beauty of this track gave me goosebumps! And the sound of driving through that bridge with the crisscrossing steel beams is absolutely bonkers! I had to pause for a second because it was all too much to take in.

I'm almost in tears guys. This is it. Don't care about reviews. Give it a 4 for all I care. Whine about how the game doesn't have a track on Mars or is missing an established gameplay mode that has been fundamental to racing games since the 18th century. I DON'T CARE! I haven't even played with my club mates yet and I already know.

THIS. IS. FUCKING. IT!

I was supposed to go to sleep but you made me turn it back on.

fuckyougifpunxxxpunxxxgif-81ec8e20e12c951d9daf683b1b3fdefd_h_zpscd76ca9a.jpg

hohoXD123

I think I bought PS+ for the US account I used to download LoU and Diablo. How much is it with the discount?

Think it's $50, not sure.

UK GAF: where's the cheapest for physical? Hoping Amazon would be around the £40 mark, but its still £46.

Gamestop has it for £43 but I'm not a fan of their service. Halp!

Tesco have it for £41 with code TDX-HQ9T, new accounts only though I believe.

WARNING, I play PS4 on a nice NEC Monitor. For some reason DriveClub displays in a bordered window, similar to some indie games.

However unlike most titles that have it, there are no in-game options to change the screen sizing.

Yes, but it updates the progress, right? And the lock is there until your countdown is finished.

I downloaded the update file and driveclub file very fast off PSN. But in the information section it shows the download status and it's ver slow, like 1MB a minute!

Edit. Ok, it's flying now then it completely stopped. :(

popolon

Question: I'm in the Netherlands. Is it possible to download the PS+ version from my US account (2 week trial) today, then switch to the EU PS+ version tomorrow when it's up?

MavFan619

Banned
WARNING, I play PS4 on a nice NEC Monitor. For some reason DriveClub displays in a bordered window, similar to some indie games.

However unlike most titles that have it, there are no in-game options to change the screen sizing.
Happened to me with the Show, you have to adjust it in the actual console settings.

GameSeeker

I believe you can fix this in PS4 system settings. Someone earlier in the thread had the same problem and was able to fix it.

bombshell

I downloaded the update file and driveclub file very fast off PSN. But in the information section it shows the download status and it's ver slow, like 1MB a minute!

Mine looks like 3MB/sec at the moment. You can always try and re-boot your PS4 to see if it can download faster. Would be easier if we had an actual pause download option...

Duallusion

Nope all of us getting it too

Ah. Okay then. I mean, it's not okay but, you know. :)

After two races:

Tour menu reminds me of NFS Shift. I like the weight of the cars. First impression is nothing special but the second race was quite nice. I like the handling.

Loudninja

So I was imagining things yesterday? Cause I'm almost positive it was showing up as $49.99.

Everyone here is paying an extra $10 just because they aren't willing to wait a few more hours? Ugh.
That when it was up for preorder now its not.

You have to wait until they update the store.

Vaga

I want the steelbook but I have to wait till the 10th FML. When will they realize different release dates is fuckin stupid?

Psykotik

i bought a t500rs last month in anticipation of this game.

since then, i only had GT6, grid 2 and the crew to play with it.

the t500rs controls felt fine as it should with GT6.

with grid 2 and the crew, it felt like shit. those games are totally not optimised for the the t500rs.

i was a little concerned with how it would feel with driveclub. would it feel good? would i have to make any wheel setting adjustments like i needed to with GT6 to make it feel good? grid 2 and the crew are borderline unplayable no matter what setting i put.

would driveclub control badly with a t500rs?

so i started driveclub today and wow. the handling with t500rs just felt natural. i played at default settings and it just felt right. didn't even need to mess with the settings. at 70% ffb and medium vibration with the steering assist off, it just felt good.

i really recommend getting either a t300rs or t500rs for this if you have the cash. the driving in the game with those wheels is so fun. it just works. so good.

This really needs a Replay feature. Everything is so fantastic that I went "I'll check that later during repla- oh wait."

LOVE LOVE the reflections your lights leave on other cars.

Mine looks like 3MB/sec at the moment. You can always try and re-boot your PS4 to see if it can download faster. Would be easier if we had an actual pause download option...

yeah, thats the weird thing. Downloading off the store and I get 3MB/s, but from the infomation section it's not even moving, then it started working and then stopped.

anyone from australia have the unlock times wrong? Mine says 2hrs 6 mins ( should be 1hrs 6 mins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom