• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Nice Driving.

Jonah-Hill-Excited.gif

6 Destiny OT (almost 120,000 posts) vs 1 Driveclub OT.
Hmm, that's funny. I traded in Destiny to pre-order Driveclub................

Back on topic, mad props Rushy, the connected social aspects of DC look excellent. Rapier has really been talking up how rewarding the game feels regardless of how you play, and after watching the Twitch stream, I can see what he has been raving about. The game appears accessible to all skill levels. I can't wait to see the hardcore clubs that emerge.

don't encourage him

i can't stop watching videos - just looks so good, and the tracks are quite varied
Seriously. I never knew how beautiful Norway was going to be. Until a few days ago, all we had see was snowy landscapes... the autumn foliage at the base of the mountain in the recent hill climb videos is breathtaking... not to mention the sense of travel, starting at the base of a fall foliage covered valley, driving up hill and finishing at the limits of a snow capped mountain. Destination driving.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Seriously.

Day = made.

Thanks and congrats to the team, Rushy. Super stoked for you guys. I got nothing but love for your work.
p0QHO.gif

Any tips on making the most out of the livery editor? I'm trying to make my team stand out. :)

6 Destiny OT (almost 120,000 posts) vs 1 Driveclub OT.

PS4 only racing game from Evolution studios (Motorstorm) with minimal advertising vs.....

First Person Shooter/RPG hybrid from Bungie (Halo) on PS3, 360, PS4, and Xbox One with one of the largest and most expensive marketing campaigns ever.

Hmmmm....

Shaneus

Oh god, the usage of exposure there is the best I've seen in any game. Period.

I'm just catching up on the last TEN FUCKING PAGES that were posted since last night. This thread is going to fucking explode when it actually gets released.

Ploid 3.0

Jonah-Hill-Excited.gif[/IMG]

Haha, it's pretty awesome that devs making games we are into talk with us. It's been going on for a long time, I know, I was just thinking about it. These days people can have internet arguments with guarded famous people.

I remember chasing Polyphony dev team's time trials in Gran Turismo, now Evolution can send us challenges on any given day.

BiGBoSSMk23

Haha, it's pretty awesome that devs making games we are into talk with us. It's been going on for a long time, I know, I was just thinking about it. These days people can have internet arguments with guarded famous people.

I remember chasing Polyphony dev team's time trials in Gran Turismo, now Evolution can send us challenges on any given day.

It is pretty awesome. There's no reason why game devs shouldn't mix in with their fan base. It's all for the better, we're all gamers. It's not like movie stars that get awkward when a fan approaches them.

They made a game that they wanted to play and seeing it be liked by their fans as well and being able to engage them through it, it's gotta be awesome.

And again it's something unique to the game's industry.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
The hype for Forza Horizon 2 and the minimal hype for Driveclub despite it coming out in 5 days.

Wot? Based on what, advertisments? Forza Horizon 2 is a fantastic game but just look at how few posts are in the OT. This thread nearly has half the pages already.

BiGBoSSMk23

Oh god, the usage of exposure there is the best I've seen in any game. Period.

I'm just catching up on the last TEN FUCKING PAGES that were posted since last night. This thread is going to fucking explode when it actually gets released.

It's astonishingly beautiful, especially when a cloud moves in and out of the way in the time it takes you to get through a tunnel.

I just posted a video of this same track instead with Audi TT but it went overlooked.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oJ8ylLKD!eKWyNH79dCag0ZIPmBk2A_3J6sRYY2-5UH1YGvKJ8ZQ

In this one you can see the AI nearly wipe out entirely after the first tunnel. I love random fuck ups like that.

I actually flipped my car in my previous run and regretted not having recorded that.

Shaneus

I'm listening to the Beyond podcast right now and they are smack talking this game to oblivion. They got some complaints from what they said about it last week and address the fact that they were wrong about calling it a sim racer, but in the process they just shit on the game even more. Stuff like the year delay has "killed momentum," the reveal at the PS4 event was misleading and sold it as a simulation instead of an arcade game, the fact that it's going up against The Crew ("there's great buzz around that game" - there is?!) and Forza Horizon 2. Greg even rolls out the standard "no one cares about this game" line. Is he right? That's certainly not the impression I get here on Gaf and other sites, but beyond the internet there could be some truth to what he's saying, I don't know.
No-one cares about this game? I made the point yesterday, the last thread before this OT had more page views and posts in a smaller amount of time than the OT for Horizon 2, which was created earlier. If that's not hype and interest, I don't know what is.

Matush

Quick question guys. Is PS+ discount applied only for just digital pre-orders, or can I buy it later for discounted price? (UK)

DrTeflon

So, for those who are playing, or anyone really, is rain already in the game? I cant find a single race that's raining. Although I did a race that started early in the morning and it was mindblowing.

I hope i can upload some screenshots real soon, gotta finish a lot of stuff from work :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm listening to the Beyond podcast right now and they are smack talking this game to oblivion. They got some complaints from what they said about it last week and address the fact that they were wrong about calling it a sim racer, but in the process they just shit on the game even more. Stuff like the year delay has "killed momentum," the reveal at the PS4 event was misleading and sold it as a simulation instead of an arcade game, the fact that it's going up against The Crew ("there's great buzz around that game" - there is?!) and Forza Horizon 2. Greg even rolls out the standard "no one cares about this game" line. Is he right? That's certainly not the impression I get here on Gaf and other sites, but beyond the internet there could be some truth to what he's saying, I don't know.

Hype for The Crew?

Where?

They gotta be trollin'.

I mean, sure it looks decent, but more hype than DC or FH2? Nah. (I think there's slightly more hype for Project CARS, but I dunno. I'd rather get PC personally and the Crew sometime later if at all.)

This game is going to get skewered by the critics due to their so called expectations from the game after its delay.
They probably will have the typical complaint of not enough content for the amount of time the game was in development.

viveks86

So, for those who are playing, or anyone really, is rain already in the game? I cant find a single race that's raining. Although I did a race that started early in the morning and it was mindblowing.

I hope i can upload some screenshots real soon, gotta finish a lot of stuff from work :(

Rain isn't out until later this year. Probably December.

dugdug

Banned
Why trade in games, or do they give you near full price. Though I remember Electronic Boutique (way back in the day) gave you like a week before you couldn't get a refund.

I can get $40 at best buy, and with my gamers unlocked, that would make DC $7. Forza's a buggy mess for me, right now. I like it, but, it needs a patch big time.

So right now, what we know:

Replay mode: work in progress, will come as a free update
Weather: work in progress, will come as a free update. Will include thunder, lightning and snow
Photomode: work in progress, will come as a free update, has many features (even more than inFamous Second Son)
Cars [Additions]: 9 free, 38 paid
Tracks: 11 free tracks, including 1 new location
Out-of-track counter: Evo is keeping an eye in the community for the reactions, if it's not a good addition they could turn it off

Thanks Loudninja and viveks86 :)

Greg even rolls out the standard "no one cares about this game" line. Is he right? That's certainly not the impression I get here on Gaf and other sites, but beyond the internet there could be some truth to what he's saying, I don't know.
Play what's fun, not what other people might think the truth perhaps maybe might be... right? It's quite obvious in the Beyond cast that they have not been following the game, so how are they qualified to pass judgement? Neither of them give 2 shits about racing games, yet suddenly their opinion on a racing game is valid? Doesn't add up to me. I hope consumers aren't the sheep you seem to think they are.

Loudninja

So right now, what we know:

Replay mode: work in progress, will come as a free update
Weather: work in progress, will come as a free update. Will include thunder, lightning and snow
Photomode: work in progress, will come as a free update, has many features (even more than inFamous Second Son)
Cars [Additions]: 7 free, ~40 paid
Out-of-track counter: Evo is keeping an eye in the community for the reactions, if it's not a good addition they could turn it off
All tracks are free. :)

Toreal

Holy shit! Some of those gifs look insane, that extra year in development sure did pay off.
I didn't get to see the whole twitch stream, but did they talk about supporting more driving wheels (logitech) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom