• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ombala

MaxX3wR.gif
Is that Forza?

Considering the one thing that most of us can't judge at this point is the actual racing, then I think we should all be anticipating this game cautiously.

I think everyone is hearing what they want to hear when it comes to my opinion of what we've seen so far of Driveclub. I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, but just expressing the real concerns have for this game. Also, I don't think it's fair to judge a game like Forza and say that it's less of a pure racer than Driveclub because it offers more off the track.

As a PS4 exclusive I'm looking forward to this game (just like everyone else in this thread) and hope it does well.

I think people like what they see and know a good racer when they see one. Seems you arent crazy about the game and thats fine if you like Forza better which you bring up a lot... seems you are looking for validation over conversation.

Huh, can someone explain to me what post AA is?

Post processing AA uses the finished frame as its only information (thus post-process) and uses algorithms that try to identify aliasing (mostly through stair-steps between pixels) and the pixels around it to guess a new color value that'll reduce the effect.

Post processing AA uses the finished frame as its only information (thus post-process) and uses algorithms that try to identify aliasing (mostly through stair-steps between pixels) and the pixels around it to guess a new color value that'll reduce the effect.

Ah, understood. I could see that not showing up then if the screenshot came from an in-game utility, but I was under the impression that the PS4 "share" button just captured the video output exactly as it's shown on the monitor.

Either way I can't wait to see it with my own eyes

Gaz_RB

Ah, understood. I could see that not showing up then if the screenshot came from an in-game utility, but I was under the impression that the PS4 "share" button just captured the video output exactly as it's shown on the monitor.

Either way I can't wait to see it with my own eyes

Seriously. I just want to see this bad boy on my TV.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is SimoSayan someone from Evolution?

Considering the one thing that most of us can't judge at this point is the actual racing, then I think we should all be anticipating this game cautiously.

I think everyone is hearing what they want to hear when it comes to my opinion of what we've seen so far of Driveclub. I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, but just expressing the real concerns have for this game. Also, I don't think it's fair to judge a game like Forza and say that it's less of a pure racer than Driveclub because it offers more off the track.

As a PS4 exclusive I'm looking forward to this game (just like everyone else in this thread) and hope it does well.

Oh I'm sure you're concerned all right. You ain't gotta tell us twice.

Watching the stream. This game appears to have exactly the kind of handling I dreamed of. Mmm mmm mmm.

I do NOT like the fact that these blasphemers get to play the game before I. Any word on whether the leaderboards will be reset on release date?

fedexpeon

Banned
So I want to make sure, you can only have 6 members in your club...but you can have hundred friends in your club?
I am confused...so we can't create an official Neogaf club?

Kssio_Aug

No concerns here, reading too much into it?

Haha..been a fan of your posts for a while, btw. The Delsin beanie in your old avatar used to throw me off.

Why exactly? I can't understand why you always bring that up. By using a Killzone avatar with the Delsin's beanie you thought I was a sony fanboy? I'm not, and I dont consider myself a fanboy of any kind.

Youre the one that brought "concern" and "Forza" to the same sentence, just because theres a guy who critized DC and enjoy Forza. I mean... isnt no one allowed to enjoy Forza and be a bit uncertain about DC? Afterall, 99% of DC discussions that I see are about graphics only, theres much more to any game then graphics.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Why exactly? I can't understand why you always bring that up. By using a Killzone avatar with the Delsin's beanie you thought I was a sony fanboy? I'm not, and I dont consider myself a fanboy of any kind.

Youre the one that brought "concern" and "Forza" to the same sentence, just because theres a guy who critized DC and enjoy Forza. I mean... isnt no one allowed to enjoy Forza and be a bit uncertain about DC? Afterall, 99% of DC discussions that I see are about graphics only, theres much more to any game then graphics.

Not in Driveclub's case.

Ok I'm done.

Kssio_Aug

Not in Driveclub's case.

Ok I'm done.

I know youre joking but sometimes it seems that graphics is everything. Theres is no discussion about the game IQ, it is awesome indeed. But what about the clubs features (DriveClub), the gameplay and its physics, the car customization options, and so on. I'm not saying its gonna be bad neither, but we need to discuss more about. Thankfully, we will have the PS Plus version, indeed. It seems thats the only way we will know about everything else but graphics.

I'm just saying that graphics are good, but are far from everything. Ryse is such an awesome game graphically saying, and at the same time so mediocre on everything else. I dont believe the same will be applied to DC, but I want to know if the game itself is as good as it looks.

fedexpeon

Banned

It is a racing game. In this case, the genre is about improving graphic/sound until you think you are seeing/hearing the real car driving in the real world.
People who have played from Arcade to Sim racers already know what they are expecting from the gameplay and how to handle the cars mechanic.
There isn't much more to racing game unfortunately, and this is coming from a guy who has owned almost every racing franchises...then again, I am jaded about most gaming genres anyway.

bombshell

I know youre joking but sometimes it seems that graphics is everything. Theres is no discussion about the game IQ, it is awesome indeed. But what about the clubs features (DriveClub), the gameplay and its physics, the car customization options, and so on. I'm not saying its gonna be bad neither, but we need to discuss more about. Thankfully, we will have the PS Plus version, indeed. It seems thats the only way we will know about everything else but graphics.

I'm just saying that graphics are good, but are far from everything. Ryse is such an awesome game graphically saying, and at the same time so mediocre on everything else. I dont believe the same will be applied to DC, but I want to know if the game itself is as good as it looks.

It's pretty hard to discuss what you are suggesting when 99% of us in here haven't played the damn game.

I know youre joking (or I hope so lol) but sometimes it seems that graphics is everything. Theres is no discussion about the game IQ, it is awesome indeed. But what about the clubs features (DriveClub), the gameplay and its physics, the car customization options, and so on. I'm not saying its gonna be bad neither, but we need to discuss more about. Thankfully, we will have the PS Plus version, indeed. It seems thats the only way we will know about everything else but graphics.

Seems like a lot of stuff many will need to go hands on with.
The features and functions all seem really sleekly and seamlessly integrated, based on some of the streams I've seen, and the choice few that do have the game are already engaged in some furious competition.

I think once the game releases, there's going to be a larger than expected flurry of activity.

Ape

Banned
I know youre joking (or I hope so lol) but sometimes it seems that graphics is everything. Theres is no discussion about the game IQ, it is awesome indeed. But what about the clubs features (DriveClub), the gameplay and its physics, the car customization options, and so on. I'm not saying its gonna be bad neither, but we need to discuss more about. Thankfully, we will have the PS Plus version, indeed. It seems thats the only way we will know about everything else but graphics.

I'm just saying that graphics are good, but are far from everything. Ryse is such an awesome game graphically saying, and at the same time so mediocre on everything else. I dont believe the same will be applied to DC, but I want to know if the game iself is as good as it looks.

It was at E3 and it had decent lines. You can't customize your driving experience by turning off assists etc or make damage more than cosmetic, so those are my biggest issues with it's gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom