• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late Flag

I don't actually have the game yet. Was just making a joke equating this game to having an erection because that obviously makes for better discussion than the same circular nonsense thats keeps coming up.

All we need now is another armchair financial analyst to be 'calling it now' and bless us with their metacritic prediction again.

So yeah, #DRIVECHUB.

lol. My reading comprehension has failed me again. You win, good sir.

le-seb

The recent Gamersyde stream wasn't all that positive either.
Not about the gameplay, though.
Unless you consider selecting your car's color is really what defines a racer's gameplay.

Edit : oh well, they also seem to find the reset timer a bit annoying, like most of us here, and wondering what triggers the corner penalties (that seems a bit inconsistent from their footage, honestly)

Not sure what other context there could be. Sounds negative to me.

He say he HAS to make an appt. Could be just frustrated at not being able to play DC due to taxes.

Also these are the same ppl who couldnt figure out how change views in Motostorm. After that quicklook its hard take then seriously.

Ah lol

thanks for clearing that up. Phew..

This tweet from May, however, is not out of context :p He didn't sound too wowed by it at the time

ibwVJJjANLsTFj.png

cakely

I think everyone is hearing what they want to hear when it comes to my opinion of what we've seen so far of Driveclub. I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, but just expressing the real concerns have for this game. Also, I don't think it's fair to judge a game like Forza and say that it's less of a pure racer than Driveclub because it offers more off the track.

Nice, it's rare when a "concern" post actually uses the word "concerned" right in it.

Ferrio

Banned
Couple questions:

1. If you buy at a store, can you still download the PS+ content if you're a PS+ member? Or this strictly a PSN purchase thing only?

2. Will the season pass stuff be available seperately?

edit: Oh wait they mean you upgrade from the PS+ version to the full version?

Sorry ,I meant 1st party ps4 exclusive.

Most people don't have that console warrior mentality. What was the excuse for Grand Theft Auto V that exploded to 700+ pages with two threads? Did any GAF members and 30+ million people who bough the game cared it was available on two different consoles?

Sounds like your projecting.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Any word if we'll be able to listen to our own music while playing? I want to play Kavinsky's Outrun and Nightcall while I drive through Norway.

Any word if we'll be able to listen to our own music while playing? I want to play Kavinsky's Outrun and Nightcall while I drive through Norway.

I think at the moment the only to do that is if you have a Music Unlimited subscription. Even then you're limited by that library.

NeoRausch

Soooo.... What about the app? Is there any date on that? Or will it be on release day?

Is there a video out there that show the app in action?

During PSNations live stream, they mentioned only two options, game soundtrack or Music Unlimited. No custom soundtracks.

Pls buy Music Unlimited thx
-sony

Pretty much. I wish Sony would get more heat for this but it seems like niche feature for most people. Along with removing CD playback that's been in every Playstation before, this is an obvious blatant push for music unlimited.

Having my own custom soundtrack would have added so much to the game for me.

Late Flag

Pretty much. I wish Sony would get more heat for this but it seems like niche feature for most people. Along with removing CD playback that's been in every Playstation before, this is an obvious blatant push for music unlimited.

Having my own custom soundtrack would have added so much to the game for me.

Same here. Pisses me off that I can't get my own soundtrack up and running.

Ape

Banned
This tweet from May, however, is not out of context :p He didn't sound too wowed by it at the time

ibwVJJjANLsTFj.png

Honestly that's sort of how I felt. Great looking game though, since people have it in this thread I really look forward to hearing what they have to say.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Sorry ,I meant 1st party ps4 exclusive.

Still incorrect.

Infamous SS. Sony owned IP by first party studio, exclusive to PS4.

Other, not so exclusive, Sony owned IP, PS4 games this year are MLB14: The Show and LBP 3 .

For me, custom soundtracks and playing music that i like is important in a racing game, especially that DC's coming now... got a sub for music unlimited, it actually works very well on PS4 but slower on mobile... anyway, there's enough music on there for all tastes. The basic sub is 5$ a month and the premium is 10$.

Hoje0308

Banned
I don't actually have the game yet. Was just making a joke equating this game to having an erection because that obviously makes for better discussion than the same circular nonsense thats keeps coming up.

All we need now is another armchair financial analyst to be 'calling it now' and bless us with their metacritic prediction again.

So yeah, #DRIVECHUB.

Sir, I will have you know that, in my world at least, #DRIVECHUB just became a thing and will now be used in response to any suitably bonerific GIF. Thanks for that.

gthobbes

Banned
My PSN download should start this weekend and I can't wait to start playing late Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Has there been any update as to when the rain/snow patch update will be hitting?

Heroman

Banned
Most people don't have that console warrior mentality. What was the excuse for Grand Theft Auto V that exploded to 700+ pages with two threads? Did any GAF members and 30+ million people who bough the game cared it was available on two different consoles?

Sounds like your projecting.

What im I projecting? I just saying that driveclub is the only major ps4 exclusive game for this fall.

I don't really care?

But this goes to 11? Do we really need lists of shooters in a racing game thread? The Forza insecurity is bad enough... we have awesome choices for games and people cant rest unless theirs is the "best". Just drive fast folks!! Not directed at you Gaz just been following the thread. Did we come to an agreement on the sensitivity of the light sensor and the firework?

Heroman

Banned
Welcome to you're "DOOM!";132784172 said:
Point taken but I still think it's false. Let's give the developer some credit instead of putting it on exclusivity. Even if it's not your type of game, it still looks like a good game.

what are you talking about, Im hype for this game to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom