• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Joystiq stream archive, in case you missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtaT43vInCY

Less than 5 minutes in, PGR reference :p

Damn. What are your impressions so far? Tell us moar!

I got a couple of things from his stream (correct me if I'm wrong):

1) He was extremely excited about it and loving the gameplay
2) On the single event in Scotland, he had choices of Regular, Cloudy, and Stormy weather
3) Time of Day can start at any hour of the day, and from there you choose how quickly (say, 45x) time advances.
4) Short load times never cease to be impressive, and it's super easy and quick to bounce between events and challenges any way you want.

It was a very convincing stream.

Heroman

Banned
Welcome to you're "DOOM!";132789647 said:
You said the reason people are hyped is because it's the only PS4 exclusive for this fall. Did I understand incorrectly?

I probably shouldn't make do post like that. I am hype for this game, one of the reason is that it the only 1st ps4 exclusive of the fall, also cause it free with plus , well part of it is . It might be different for other people. Sorry that I over generalized.

~~Hasan~~

I got the game. They are selling it here since yesterday in Saudi Arabia. Few comments:
- I didn't see the game very smooth. Not slowdown or anything. But it wasn't very smooth. I found horizon 2 demo a little bit smoother.
- for the most part, the environment is stunning. Then you notice some trees that are out of place and not very good Looking. You mainly see them around the intro of the track.
- the game is very fun. I played it for 3 hours today and i am level 10 I believe. However I was trying the make a club and I made my own club. Now I can't figure out how to cancel it lol.
- your club will not be active till some one join you.
- the gifs here look better than the game on my TV lol. Maybe I need to tune my TV a little .
- the game in general is stunning. Single player you can get bored from it if you play long sessions. Forzza single player is more interactive and kinda more fun.
- the online in this game is amazing. Best racing online game I have ever played.

All in all I give the game a high score because I really like it and I want to advance in it.

Sorry for comparing it to other games. Was just giving my opinion about the game in general.

viveks86

I got a couple of things from his stream (correct me if I'm wrong):

1) He was extremely excited about it and loving the gameplay
2) On the single event in Scotland, he had choices of Regular, Cloudy, and Stormy weather
3) Time of Day can start at any hour of the day, and from there you choose how quickly (say, 45x) time advances.
4) Short load times never cease to be impressive, and it's super easy and quick to bounce between events and challenges any way you want.

It was a very convincing stream.

Thanks!

I'm still waiting for someone to really form a club of 6 and see how it pans out. It seems like everyone is playing solo in their own clubs

I got the game. They are selling it here since yesterday in Saudi Arabia. Few comments:
- I didn't see the game very smooth. Not slowdown or anything. But it wasn't very smooth. I found horizon 2 demo a little bit smoother.

As in framerate?

- the game is very fun. I played it for 3 hours today and i am level 10 I believe. However I was trying the make a club and I made my own club. Now I can't figure out how to cancel it lol.

So you are playing solo as well? Everyone I've across so far is playing solo! :/

- the online in this game is amazing. Best racing online game I have ever played.

Could you describe why? Are you playing async online or live MP races?

HORRORSHØW

- for the most part, the environment is stunning. Then you notice some trees that are out of place and not very good Looking. You mainly see them around the intro of the track.
- the gifs here look better than the game on my TV lol. Maybe I need to tune my TV a litlle.
- the game in general is stunning. Single player you can get bored from it if you play long sessions. Forzza single player is more interactive.

All in all I give the game a high score because I really like it and I want to advance in it.

Sorry for comparing it to other games. Was just giving my opinion about the game in general.
thank you for the impressions, both good and bad.

sujay

Rapier or anyone else who has the game, question for you. Is the in-race music still disabled by default? And if so, does it ask you at the start of the game if you want it on or off?

orochi91

Will Driveclub be affected if reviewers don't get to experience the weather in the game?

Frankly, it should be docked points. The game is very incomplete despite the delay.

- the gifs here look better than the game on my TV lol. Maybe I need to tune my TV a little .
- the game in general is stunning. Single player you can get bored from it if you play long sessions. Forzza single player is more interactive and kinda more fun.

Sounds about right, but get your TV fixed, cause all the DC vids look great on a large screen.

~~Hasan~~

Thanks!

I'm still waiting for someone to really form a club of 6 and see how it pans out. It seems like everyone is playing solo in their own clubs

As in framerate?

So you are playing solo as well? Everyone I've across so far is playing solo! :/

Could you describe why? Are you playing async online or live MP races?

I am not sure if it's the frame dripping or something else. I experience the same thing with destiny as well. Not sure what is it. It's like it's skipping frames but there is no slowdowns.

I am playing solo for the most part because there are only few people who has the game. In a 12 race I can only get to play against other 3 max. Rooms are empty. But when u get to play online, it was very smooth. In forza sometimes the car jumps ahead of u or weird animation due to net code or something.

Also, the racing is a serial of racing. Not just one race. Like there are rounds of the race to determine who is better. So if u fuck up in the first race. You can make a comeback in the second. Think of it as a fighting game with rounds but in this case, each round is a different track

It's like it's skipping frames but there is no slowdowns.

I've seen this happen on some completely decalibrated TVs at electronic stores, and have always wondered why. Maybe the refresh rate is set at a multiple of 24 that's not a multiple of 30 too? Like 48Hz.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Rapier or anyone else who has the game, question for you. Is the in-race music still disabled by default? And if so, does it ask you at the start of the game if you want it on or off?

No, it's always on for you, but people watching the stream or the recorded video has it muted.

I'm always head bopping down the road.
2Enhl.gif

5 player passanger multiplayer confirmed

Thanks for the impression, man! It's always good to see the positives and negatives of every game. I am really glad to hear that regardless of a few hickups, it's still a very enjoyable game. :)

Gaz_RB

I am not sure if it's the frame dripping or something else. I experience the same thing with destiny as well. Not sure what is it. It's like it's skipping frames but there is no slowdowns.

I am playing solo for the most part because there are only few people who has the game. In a 12 race I can only get to play against other 3 max. Rooms are empty. But when u get to play online, it was very smooth. In forza sometimes the car jumps ahead of u or weird animation due to net code or something.

Also, the racing is a serial of racing. Not just one race. Like there are rounds of the race to determine who is better. So if u fuck up in the first race. You can make a comeback in the second. Think of it as a fighting game with rounds but in this case, each round is a different track
Glad to get some multiplayer impressions, seems like a lot of people who have the game have been sticking to solo most the time, but MP is where I'll be spending most my time. Are there different types of races? Like drift, sprint, knockout, etc? Thanks.

I probably shouldn't make do post like that. I am hype for this game, one of the reason is that it the only 1st ps4 exclusive of the fall, also cause it free with plus , well part of it is . It might be different for other people. Sorry that I over generalized.

It's cool dude. I understand what your trying to say. If you want someone to race, let me know.

sujay

No, it's always on for you, but people watching the stream or the recorded video has it muted.

I was under the impression that Rushy was pushing for it to be off by default in the game itself. I guess that didn't come to pass. Probably best, people would probably never know to turn it on if they wanted otherwise.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I was under the impression that Rushy was pushing for it to be off by default in the game itself. I guess that didn't come to pass. Probably best, people would probably never know to turn it on if they wanted otherwise.

Oh wait yes. No, the music was off when I first started playing.. I think... Yeah. I turned it up to 100 as soon as I started playing.

Vire

Another question regarding multiplayer. How's the latency? Does it feel like you are just playing AI or are there weird car skips?

hawk2025

Another question regarding multiplayer. How's the latency? Does it feel like you are just playing AI or are there weird car skips?

I think that's what the person above was commenting on: his early experience was that the netcode appeared to be very smooth.

Hoping that holds!

~~Hasan~~

Glad to get some multiplayer impressions, seems like a lot of people who have the game have been sticking to solo most the time, but MP is where I'll be spending most my time. Are there different types of races? Like drift, sprint, knockout, etc? Thanks.

Yes from what I played. I do not know if there are drifting events only. But in the normal racing. You will see 3 type of colored smoke while you race. Blue, green and yellow. One is for speed, one for drifting and other to stay on track for specific period from A to B points. So if u lost in the race and no longer u can come back to the top, you can do these and get points and fame. I guess it's some sort of a way to encourage you not to quite the game after the first fuck up.

Gaz_RB

Oh wait yes. No, the music was off when I first started playing.. I think... Yeah. I turned it up to 100 as soon as I started playing.

HOW FAST DO YOU WANNA GOOOOO

Yes from what I played. I do not know if there are drifting events only. But in the normal racing. You will see 3 type of colored smoke while you race. Blue, green and yellow. One is for speed, one for drifting and other to stay on track for specific period from A to B points. So if u lost in the race and no longer u can come back to the top, you can do these and get points and fame. I guess it's some sort of a way to encourage you not to quite the game after the first fuck up.

That's excellent, thanks. Quitting is a huge problem in online racing games, so hopefully that aspect of it helps.

I'd also like to know this.

viveks86

Oh! Never heard of this color coding for smoke before. Interesting!

thanks to all who added me as a friend from the DRIVECLUB-GAF list still only up to 6 people should I just go down the list and friend request everyone?

in the middle of my HDD swap will pre-order the PSN digital version as soon as I am back up

~~Hasan~~

Oh! Never heard of this color coding for smoke before. Interesting!

I know for sure I played them in single player. And I am almost positive I saw them in multi-player. I will double check tomorrow to make sure they are in the multi-player as well or only single player. I am sorry it's 3 18 in the morning and maybe things are mixing up in my head. I know for fact that I played them in drive club tho lol

Good night guys

viveks86

I know for sure I played them in single player. And I am almost positive I saw them in multi-player. I will double check tomorrow to make sure they are in the multi-player as well or only single player. I am sorry it's 3 18 in the morning and maybe things are mixing up in my head. I know for fact that I played them in drive club tho lol

Good night guys

Cool. Thanks for the impressions

psn

I got the game. Few comments:

May be your TV, because it is really smooth for me. I'm used to 144Hz and 120 Hz with Lightboost and this is really really smooth for me. Impressed how smooth 30fps can look.

Aaaand btw: I got it, thank you, random shop in Hamburg. If someone wants it and lives near Hamburg, I can give you the name and address.
WXmWJQ.jpg

Now I have to unlock moar cars, even tho it's almost 3am here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom