• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

Surreal

Damn, every E3 I expect them to bring it and it's always just "meh." Who do they have in charge of this thing, I think I could do much better. :lol

Sony missed an open goal. No megatons, no drama.

inFAMOUS was the highlight, you know why? Because it showed GAMEPLAY
And because it looks like Crackdown on steroids

gcubed

wait a minute, if after all the games coming out this year Tretton said... "you can go play this at the x booth" who seriously gives a flying fuck if it was shown live on stage?

Watch me play it!!!! or YOU GO PLAY IT!

Sorry some people here are mentally challenged.

I dont know and dont care who "won" E3, but to say MS was awesome because they showed someone playing the game live vs you can go play the fucking game yourself is just all levels of retarded

PSGames

Wollan said:
Best conference.
Solid info constantly throughout.

:lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry but this conference just sucked.

MS had new dash, Netflix, avatars, hdd installs, 8-person party system, ON-STAGE DEMOS of Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3 and RE5. Banjo coming to XBLA, FO3 exclusive content, Rock Band 2 exclusive launch, and freakin FINAL FANTASY XIII.

It boggles my mind how anyone can say this was a better conference.

Xclusion

You also have to realize when MS demo's a multiplatform game they're helping Sony and vice versa. If that wasn't the case all Sony or MS would have to do is secure the first spot and show all the multiplatform games and watch as the other fills time for 2 hours.

Niks

Meh Sony didnt dissapoint. But neither impressed.
It was a solid showing...

But sony seriously.... where are the rpgs??

When the hell is TGS???

Zoe

For me, the only thing interesting about the MS conference was the megaton, Nintendo was for the lulz, and Sony's kept me interested for the majority of the time.

For consistency, I'd say Sony won.

Loudninja

HolyStar said:
Sony: Shows CG trailers and talks about movie downloads.
Nintendo: Lol casuals, also animal crossing.
Microsoft: Here are some live demos and trailers, some casual stuff to appeal to the family, and JRPGs.

How is that fair? why would GOW3 have gameplay at this early stage? they announce more new games for both PSP and PS3.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Kandrick said:
I dont know how people can say sony sucked less than Microsoft.

They showed big anticipated exclusive games, with actual gameplay, and live floor demos.

No CG bullshit.

+ megaton of the year.

Probably because I already knew about all those fucking games, half of which I don't even like?

At least some of the Sony games (the ones I DIDN'T know about) I actually am looking forward to.

oh, and btw, BBC's secret game has to be MAG.

just what we needed guys, another shooter!

the PS3 sure needed a shooter, i'm glad they finnaly got one.

a world in which nintendo is not hardcore, sony has all the shooters and microsoft all the rpgs is a messed up one. i wish things would get back to normal

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GreekWolf said:
Only a delusional fanboy would claim such a thing.

MS conference had on-stage demos of Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3 and RESIDENT EVIL 5! Netflix announcement, Banjo XBLA, FO3 exclusive DLC, FFIII megaton.

Sony responded with pre-recorded Resistance 2 footage, LBP graphs, movie service, PSP montage and CGI trailers. I wanted to see them bring it, and salvage this E3 but the fact is they didn't. Sorry.
Exactly. This is why Sony won.

dark10x said:
The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus name dropping early in the show without a reveal is extremely disappointing. Disappointment of the show.

Just what the hell are those guys doing? Are they even working on anythin at the moment? I don't understand why Sony is holding everything back. Show us stuff! Seriously, they need to show us stuff.

Nintendo is winning so they can afford to do whatever the fuck they want, but Sony NEEDS to show new games.

Of course, for the most part, all of the best games this year are multiplatform for PS3/360/PC anyways. PS3 and 360 each have a couple of solid exclusives to go along with those as well.
It took Team ICO 4 years to release SOTC after ICO. ICO was in development for a while. I'm already betting the new Team ICO game isn't until late 2009. Most likely, it will be announced around March-July next year.

Frillen

makingmusic476 said:
Guys, Sony totally takes this:

Resistance PSP
Patapon 2
Super Stardust PSP

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
God of War III
Massive Action Game

Not to mention all the already announced stuff (LBP graphs = win).

I'm deadly tired of Ratchet + GoWIII and MAG were CGIs teaser. Epic failure all around the board. Microsoft the only one who crawled out of the bomb with some integrety left.

sorry praising microsoft for showing off multiplatform titels is kinda stupid.

sony conference did not suck less than microsoft shitfest yesterday.

guys should stream the fucking third party conferences next year.

exclusive gaming is dead.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Microsoft "won" the core audience just because of FF13

Nintendo guaranteed will "win" mainstream press.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Nothing really special.

GoW3 CG trailer was nice looking. If they use something like KZ2 engine, they could actually make the game look close to that.

PSP SuperStardust HD, Patapon 2, yes gimme.

MAG doesn't interest me at all, but I can see that being popular if it's well executed.

Video store was probably the best announcement that came out of this, and one with the most imminent impact.

doicare

kbear said:
Not even close. Microsoft easily won.

Gears of War 2 demoed live and looked absolutely unbelievable
RE5 demoed live
Fable 2 demoed live
New Dashboard that looks awesome
Netflix
FF13 atomic bomb

MS won this year, and by a landslide.

Nope sony easily won:

Resistance 2
Resistance on the psp
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
God Of War 3
Motorstorm 2
Mag
DC Universe
Infamous
Socom
Ratchet PSN
Super Stardust on the psp
Patapon 2
Buzz

Plus a bunch more i can't think of off the top of my head.

well, now that I've seen the "big three" I have to give it to MS. Sony did alright and Nintendo's sucked, but MS was the only one that really made waves (FF13 - Surprise, Totally new dashboard UI - rumored but highly doubted so it was a surprise as well, not to mention actual game demonstrations)

What makes E3 conferences special are big announcements and surprises. There was nothing too terribly surprising at the Sony conference for the PS3, and while the PSP stuff was cool, handheld announcements just don't carry the same impact. They did good, not great, IMO.

Of course, the usual suspects are in here claiming it was fantastic, but I don't see how anyone who is evenhanded in their approach to the big 3 could say that they weren't at least a little disappointed in Sony's showing for the PS3.

So do people think Home will ever get out of beta in its currently advertised form, because it looks like a huge fucking waste of time and I don't think even Sony knows what the hell the point of it is right now.

Chris R

Best conference of the big three imo. Microsoft had a decent start and a megaton finish, but the middle was horrible, almost as bad as Nintendo. Sony, while never truly stellar, was consistent throughout.

evolution

Very meh for me. When you know what they could have talked about, and then see what they decided to discuss its very disappointing. I think all the conferences were pretty much shit this year.

and why the hell were they still pimping MGS4?

USD

Microsoft C+ (mostly for FFXIII, also more live demos {of good games})
Nintendo F (lolz)
Sony C+ (where are my Japanese games?)

FirewalkR

With this year's E3 I've learned the important lesson of never ever again being hyped for a conference.

That said, Leipzig's GC is one month away AND I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Slurmer said:
Resistance 2 and Ratchet = win
GOW3 cg teaser and '09 release = huge letdown
Virtually nothing on Home progress = expected

so u expected GoW3 in 2008?

I think people here are suffering from starvation or something, cant think straight

LCfiner

Dirtbag 504 said:
and bungie's countdown goes TICK TICK TICK

Very good point. It probably won't be a megaton, but it'll be a new game, for the 360 only, being announced in one day.

Should be pretty big news.

... if it's just a map pack or website update, I call shenanigans on Bungie

Microsoft: A

everyone else: irrelevant.

Noone will remember anything from this conference except MS & FFXIII

No amount of fanboy spin will ever change that now.

Blader

oneHeero said:
What was new besides the megaton?

WHO THE FUCK CARES

Good games are good games, and MS had plenty of them. I mean, jeezus, isn't it a good thing that all the games MS focused on will be out within the next 6 months?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
mood said:
Uh.... yeah if you like PSP games. Microsoft presented much better games in my opinion.
Yes multiplatform games. Why make multi platform the lead games on your conference when your First party is great.

MS did that because their 1st party games have very little excitement.

Top Bottom