• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

ssringo

Thought I'd pop in to say there's a glitchless Elden Ring speedrun at SGDQ starting soon. There's a donation incentive which will add an early version of the DLC through Messmer as well. Probably will have some good ways to approach DLC bosses if you're struggling or just want to get better.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

here I am fighting a boss. I lose trying to bring out mimic then I return and demolish.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

here I am fighting a boss. I lose trying to bring out mimic then I return and demolish.

I’ve fought the dude twice and didn’t know you could summon a dude, lol. As awesome as this game is, it’s fucking stupid how much shit they refuse to even tell the players. The games aren’t that hard, but the blatant stupidity of quests and their lack of information is what keeps this game from being perfect.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I’ve fought the dude twice and didn’t know you could summon a dude, lol. As awesome as this game is, it’s fucking stupid how much shit they refuse to even tell the players. The games aren’t that hard, but the blatant stupidity of quests and their lack of information is what keeps this game from being perfect.
I think you lock yourself out of a quest line if you don’t summon.

ssringo

Thought I'd pop in to say there's a glitchless Elden Ring speedrun at SGDQ starting soon. There's a donation incentive which will add an early version of the DLC through Messmer as well. Probably will have some good ways to approach DLC bosses if you're struggling or just want to get better.
The runner went from the start of the DLC to downing Messmer in 26 minutes taking out Lion, Rellana and Golden Hippo on the way using Backhand Blade and Bloodhound's Fang. Didn't pay attention to his scadutree level but obviously it wasn't too high. No fancy tech, just raw skill. Bleed is so damn good.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

It's a question of experience in Souls game for the quests.

Earlier if you speak the Kerastian he basically he wants to kills Messmer and that he's heading there.
So it's kind of excepted, in Soulsborne term, to see him there.

But the DLC prefer to put the summon sign in the arena instead of outside.

In the big picture, it doesn't matter if you summon him or not because you still get his set and weapon in the end.

If he's summoned and you beat Messmer with him still alive, he'll invade at Rauh at the bottom of the stairway leading up to Romina's boss room.
If he's not summoned, he'll join Leda in NPC bowl.

BlueAlpaca

Three hours into a new playthrough.

Tesing new twinblades right after leveling up to minimum requirements, in cave on the shore.

Kill Boc, accidentally.

Again. Something similar happened on first playthrough - thought he was an enemy.

I quit and deleted the save file. :messenger_anguished:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Ancient Meteoric Ore Greatsword +10 is fantastic. I’m going to do another playthrough with it. Too bad I found it late. It reminds me of the sword from Soul Edge/Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Count Ymir's quest is so crazy, both in execution and in lore. It's easy to forget but don't miss out on this one. Ringing the bells fucking sucked, but the payoff was so cool. Confusing, but cool.

The way he casually lays out the game's entire story when you talk to him the second time:

"I fear that you have borne witness to the whole of it. The Conceits - the hypocrisy - of the world built upon the Erdtree. The follies of men. Their bitter suffering. Is there no hope for redemption? The answer, sadly, is clear. There never was any hope. They were each of them defective. Unhinged, from the start. Marika herself. And the fingers that guided her. And this is what troubles me. No matter our efforts if the roots are rotten, then we have little recourse. Ever-young Miquella saw things for what they were. He knew that his bloodline was tainted. His roots mired in madness. A tragedy if ever there was one. That he would feel compelled to renounce everything. When the blame lay squarely with the mother.“

skneogaf

I've been struggling on the dlc last boss, it turned out it was because I was using the 2 npc summond therefore my damage on the boss was severely reduced.

I stopped using the summons and beat it.

My question is, now what?

I was kind of expecting a little bit more that the memory, is there anything else that happens?

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Count Ymir's quest is so crazy, both in execution and in lore. It's easy to forget but don't miss out on this one. Ringing the bells fucking sucked, but the payoff was so cool. Confusing, but cool.

The way he casually lays out the game's entire story when you talk to him the second time:

"I fear that you have borne witness to the whole of it. The Conceits - the hypocrisy - of the world built upon the Erdtree. The follies of men. Their bitter suffering. Is there no hope for redemption? The answer, sadly, is clear. There never was any hope. They were each of them defective. Unhinged, from the start. Marika herself. And the fingers that guided her. And this is what troubles me. No matter our efforts if the roots are rotten, then we have little recourse. Ever-young Miquella saw things for what they were. He knew that his bloodline was tainted. His roots mired in madness. A tragedy if ever there was one. That he would feel compelled to renounce everything. When the blame lay squarely with the mother.“

My Confessor wouldn't brook any of his heretical nonsense, she put him and his besotted lackey down as soon as the opportunity arose. Hail Marika! Praise the Two Fingers!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

One thing the dlc points out that I haven’t fully made the connection for is that St. Trina and Miquella are one being? Similar I think to his mother and Radagon being the same person essentially. In Trina’s weapon in the base game it states it isn’t sure if Trina was male or female. Trina doesn’t have arms, correct? Seems like perhaps the second set of arms may come from the other to create a demigod? Or are they grafted on? It would explain why radagon only has two perhaps?

The lore in this game even unanswered is better than 99% of the spoonfed shit we get in other media.

Antwix

Kinda lame they reused the Divine Beast boss, and the second one is even more annoying.
I think the first Divine Beast is already towards the bottom in terms of bosses in my opinion. I don't really care for it. The 2nd one is hands down the worst boss in the dlc. Probably the only encounter in the entire dlc where it wasn't fun.

Big R
first phase is fucking cool to learn solo. Just punishable and can bait a lot of the easy to dodge moves. Reminds me of the first boss in Ds3. I got it down to a science and can get to the second phase quite quickly.
Now that second phase is a crapshoot and rely too much on luck. Just fucking zooming everywhere with the lighshow. Your ashes are tissue paper here. Probably gonna call it if I cant beat him in the next two days.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Big R
first phase is fucking cool to learn solo. Just punishable and can bait a lot of the easy to dodge moves. Reminds me of the first boss in Ds3. I got it down to a science and can get to the second phase quite quickly.
Now that second phase is a crapshoot and rely too much on luck. Just fucking zooming everywhere with the lighshow. Your ashes are tissue paper here. Probably gonna call it if I cant beat him in the next two days.
dodge left

tommib

Gold Member
Can someone give vague hints about what to do in the land of the giant fingers. I know it’s something related to that central circle with the beehive like finger in the middle with holes in it? Is it gesture related? It was a bit frustrating to go in so deep in that area and fighting the annoying pink slugs to then just not know what to do. :/

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Can someone give vague hints about what to do in the land of the giant fingers. I know it’s something related to that central circle with the beehive like finger in the middle with holes in it? Is it gesture related? It was a bit frustrating to go in so deep in that area and fighting the annoying pink slugs to then just not know what to do. :/
It's quest related.

SJRB

Gold Member

As vague as possible I guess: you need to talk to someone who will then send you there. There is no other reason to be there, pretty sure there's zero loot.

And yeah the gravity slugs are top 3 most annoying enemies in the entire game.

tommib

Gold Member
this one won't and you can do the quest even after entering the final area
barack obama hope GIF by Obama

I had heard about how difficult the Hippo fight was but I took it down on my second attempt, died the first time because I wasn't expecting a boss fight.

I ended up at Shadow Fort by accident because I was just dicking around on the horse, I turned and realised I'd skipped that entire encampment which was nice.

Also ended up at the back end of Fort of Reprimand by accident, too. Strange going through a dungeon backwards, the messages just made it more confusing.

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god fuck the lion guy in Enir-Ilim. How the hell is he so strong? And he's a regular mob too, he respawns!

This dude is stronger than the last two bosses I fought.

Edit: Bloodhound Step coming in clutch. Hit him with the step two times, he staggers, a critical hit and it's done.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Holy shit I beat Bayle first try after upgrading the Dragon Hunter to +10.

We died at the same time but I was still awarded the win. Close call but a win is a win.

edit: holy shit I also beat Gaius. What is going on?

You are just way more of a nerd than you realized

Lion boss took me days at level 2 no summons and I heard it is easy doesn’t bode well for me

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
O my god fuck the lion guy in Enir-Ilim. How the hell is he so strong? And he's a regular mob too, he respawns!

This dude is stronger than the last two bosses I fought.

Edit: Bloodhound Step coming in clutch. Hit him with the step two times, he staggers, a critical hit and it's done.
You can cheese him as well. If you run down the stairs he falls and dies on the rooftops.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
I adore this game but From really does need to go back to the drawing board on boss battles, they are crossing the line from making fun bosses that are unbelievably hard but fair (Orphan of Kos) to just making them bullshit difficult and violating the rules of their own game solely to stomp the best players.

I hate GIF-only responses, so I won't do that here. But I really want to.

ebevan91

You can cheese him as well. If you run down the stairs he falls and dies on the rooftops.

The 2nd one you fight in that area died immediately by doing an attack that caused him to fall off the roof when I was playing. I don't know if he actually died though because I looked around for him and couldn't find him nor did I get any more runes. Maybe he fell and was trying to find his way back to me or something.

tommib

Gold Member
Ok. I reached the end boss. It’s a bit of a joke seeing my normal summons die in 1 or 2 hits.

Guess now is the time to explore everything in the game and upgrade for 20/20.

Already found the lamenter gaol which was much fun. And now I know where people got the sad laugh thing they’re using in co-op. Still refusing to look at wiki’s or walkthroughs. I’ll take my time.

Barakov

I was going to take down Bayle and do the final area until I watched a couple of youtube videos and saw that there is a bunch of stuff I missed.

Top Bottom