• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Yeah If im gonna replay this dlc again it will be with cheat mods on pc. The spectacle is something else but the shit you have to deal with constantly in your face, you cant really appreciate it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Almost beat the final boss on the 3rd attempt.

I can see why people call it a terrible fight. You can't see shit, which is the entire theme of the DLC I guess.

DelireMan7

I just defeating Romina. Cool fight, it was the most "Dark Souls boss" of the DLC and probably of the game. And I really enjoyed it for that.
She was doing decent damage without being too much. I was doing just enough damage without being too strong. And she has a classic moveset which doesn't include never ending combo or big "I melt your PS5 and eyes with all my visuals effect" move. So yes she was easier than the other but I really don't see that as a flaw, quite the opposite actually.

I wish there were more boss like that.

I stopped just after the fight but it looks like it brings me toward the end. I was thinking it was an alternate path (too many path in Rauh xD)

Honestly I start to fatigue a bit of the exploration, which once again remember me that Elden Ring biggest flaw is its size. Too many area filled with nothing or just useless item. I should probably stop exploring every cm.
And there is still several area I don't know how to access, which is insane when looking on how I explored so much. I guess (and got semi confirmation on what I read here) that some involve teleportation (and I pretty sure a new emote I got is involved) but I can't find the area. I'll still look a bit by myself but I find it really crazy that I miss some stuff despite the emphasis I made on exploration.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Gave up on my build and Thrust Shielded the Final Boss to death. Even blocked his meteor attack lol.

He gets what he deserves.

Thrust Shield is fun, but kinda breaks the game. I can share the build I'm using for anyone interested.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Forgot to mention a nice reward of exploring was the transformation of one of my weapon into a new one (Stone-Sheathed Sword into Sword of Light).
It doesn't fit my build but I really like this kind of idea.)

Guess stealth didn't matter after all, try parrying. What a 180 lol. In other news, Midra's Manse - pure awesomeness even though it was a bit short. The atmosphere, lore, etc was well worth it. The map is complete, and I think I am in the home stretch.

Orbital2060

Ive got Bayle and Radahn left, but I could have gone for the end a long time ago. I think Im gonna try and source all of the scadu fragments too, Im at level 14 which means there are a lot left out in the wild. And the fire giants, havent attempted those.

Romina, Messmer and the Putrescent Knight have been my favorite encounters at this point.

Its been a nice challenge on ng++. Fourth cycle is where hp and resistances start to build up in main game (from reading up on bosses on fextralife) so next game is gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Just ran into the biggest fucking loser of an invader who would run and hide in the Abyssal Woods near the maddening enemies.
Excuse Me What GIF by Chicago Fire

Hey guys am I done? I think I am but it feels like something should happen. I beat what I think is the last boss (Consort Radhan) and then there is a memory thing I can touch that plays a brief video and some stairs I can't go up cause they're too high. Is that it? No end credits or more story or anything?

If there is more, hints would be preferable to detailed explanations if you would be so kind. I found other side bosses but asking more to main storyline

(sry I did google but it was just guides for how to fight that boss that came up)

Last edited:
In my victory lap now. Slayed that Manor lord in less than 10 tries. Aint got time for that shit.
Next is going to the Jagged Peak with my +10 dragon katana.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just ran into the biggest fucking loser of an invader who would run and hide in the Abyssal Woods near the maddening enemies.
I use the Crepus’s Vial talisman for that area. It really helps. Other you have to
parry their attack

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I just defeating Romina. Cool fight, it was the most "Dark Souls boss" of the DLC and probably of the game. And I really enjoyed it for that.
She was doing decent damage without being too much. I was doing just enough damage without being too strong. And she has a classic moveset which doesn't include never ending combo or big "I melt your PS5 and eyes with all my visuals effect" move. So yes she was easier than the other but I really don't see that as a flaw, quite the opposite actually.

I wish there were more boss like that.

I stopped just after the fight but it looks like it brings me toward the end. I was thinking it was an alternate path (too many path in Rauh xD)

Honestly I start to fatigue a bit of the exploration, which once again remember me that Elden Ring biggest flaw is its size. Too many area filled with nothing or just useless item. I should probably stop exploring every cm.
And there is still several area I don't know how to access, which is insane when looking on how I explored so much. I guess (and got semi confirmation on what I read here) that some involve teleportation (and I pretty sure a new emote I got is involved) but I can't find the area. I'll still look a bit by myself but I find it really crazy that I miss some stuff despite the emphasis I made on exploration.

There is one teleport I found which isnt hard to miss but you need a key. Its near the castle. I had to look up the north eastern area. Ive tried everything except for that silly action yes.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

There is one teleport I found which isnt hard to miss but you need a key. Its near the castle. I had to look up the north eastern area. Ive tried everything except for that silly action yes.
You mean just after Rellana ? I went to this teleporter yesterday but it just brought me to a Rauh's small area.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Almost beat the final boss on the 3rd attempt.

I can see why people call it a terrible fight. You can't see shit, which is the entire theme of the DLC I guess.

Thats my problem. Again, just wait until honeymoon is over.

Fightning the skin of an existence boss is already pretty dissapointing, but the first phase is fine.
The second phase is just not fun at all, loads of flashs for the sake of the battle.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't think I will ever fight the final boss again, a shit fight for shit rewards.
I feel the same, but for the entire DLC.

When I started it I was thinking about other playthroughs with my various characters. Now that I've beaten it, no thanks.

Started as a pure Dex build, became a Dex + Int weapon build, and ended on pure Thrust Shield. Scadu Level 16 and Blessing Level 9.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think I’m bored with this genre for a little bit. I definitely feel like I got my money’s worth.
Me on the other hand? Beat dark souls 3 again last night and all of the ringed city dlc which I never did.

Now that final boss? Both base game and ringed city… soooo good. Easy to learn, nice breaks in their attacks, and I didn’t have to respec. The worst boss in dark souls 3 is in ringed city for the PvP boss. Bad idea and bad implantation. That game has way too many gimmick bosses. The game is also piss easy in comparison to Elden Ring.

Now I’m going back through sekiro.

Fromsoft games are peak gaming for me.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Me on the other hand? Beat dark souls 3 again last night and all of the ringed city dlc which I never did.

Now that final boss? Both base game and ringed city… soooo good. Easy to learn, nice breaks in their attacks, and I didn’t have to respec. The worst boss in dark souls 3 is in ringed city for the PvP boss. Bad idea and bad implantation. That game has way too many gimmick bosses. The game is also piss easy in comparison to Elden Ring.

Now I’m going back through sekiro.

Fromsoft games are peak gaming for me.
I was thinking about starting a new Dark Souls 2 or 3 run after finishing SotE. Maybe I'll do both.

Arsic

I was thinking about starting a new Dark Souls 2 or 3 run after finishing SotE. Maybe I'll do both.
You’ll feel like DS3 is in slow motion. You’ll be a God.

Pontiff and Dancer died in a few tries. When originally it took me forever on both if I recall.

I did a Bandits Blade thief build. Infused with blood. Just quick poke bleed build.

Nameless king I did do bitch made mode and just kited him with an arrow like always. Fuck fighting him normally. He’s a Consort level asshole.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Nameless king I did do bitch made mode and just kited him with an arrow like always. Fuck fighting him normally. He’s a Consort level asshole.
Haha, I remember the first time fighting him and I kept dying because of the camera. Switched to a Magic build (which I had never used a single time at that point in the game) and beat him the very next try.

Lots of builds I still need to try. I think my latest one was an archer.

Arsic

Haha, I remember the first time fighting him and I kept dying because of the camera. Switched to a Magic build (which I had never used a single time at that point in the game) and beat him the very next try.

Lots of builds I still need to try. I think my latest one was an archer.
I did beat Gael last night with this bandits blade at level 86. All of the online stuff I read was saying you need to be 100-120 for the DLC.

Made me feel so damn good.

Can't believe how massive and fun to explore this expansion is.

I'm at the last boss, but just reading around here I know I've missed a ton of stuff, and every time I go back to explore I find new, awesome stuff. Elden Ring was already such an amazing world but the Shadow Lands are definitely another step up with how interconnected and well designed it is.

Can't wait to see what From are cooking next, they just get better and better at their craft.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Can't believe how massive and fun to explore this expansion is.

I'm at the last boss, but just reading around here I know I've missed a ton of stuff, and every time I go back to explore I find new, awesome stuff. Elden Ring was already such an amazing world but the Shadow Lands are definitely another step up with how interconnected and well designed it is.

Can't wait to see what From are cooking next, they just get better and better at their craft.
Overall it was fun to explore, but I felt that there are huge areas that are needlessly large and empty. Especially on the southern portion of the map. The entire map couldn't have been condensed down a bit.

Last edited:

Arsic

Overall it was fun to explore, but I felt that there are huge areas that are needlessly large and empty. Especially on the southern portion of the map. The entire map couldn't have been condensed down a bit.
Compared to the base game they did a much better job of condensing.

I think a better approach for their next tile would be large open areas moreso than a dark souls, but not a full blown open world like Elden Ring.

To be fair though , interviews with Miyazaki in the past, when asked which game he would make if he had unlimited budget and any team he wants, he would want to make a new ultima online or EverQuest.

If their next game, or eventually, is a MMO… we are all doomed. This would be eternal bliss.

DelireMan7

Ho ! Another Dancing Lion ? Ho it can now have the deathblight element and fill the arena of it in phase 2 ? Ho and it also summons basiliks that in addition to deathblight , completely fuck up the locking ?

Bullshit boss battle. A typical "we need to make another boss battle but don't want to make a new one"

Sorry it was a rant. It didn't even took me a lot of tries (thanks to Torrent) but this is a so cheap and boring way to do...

Join the Thrusting Shield gang. Become destroyer of all the shitty DLC bosses.
since he does so much holy dmg I changed my 84% holy resist greatshield to a sacred imbued shield and it resisted 100% holy. Physical resist went down to 95% but the holy is what gets you so it helped a lot.

Is there anything after the boss? A way to up those stairs or something maybe?

Jedi0608

Welp, 2nd playthrough, had a great no summon run going. Cruising even with my bloodfiend arm. But yeah, that fuckers 2nd phase is such nonsense. His first phase is amazing, super fun to learn, and I was consistently getting to 2nd phase. After getting him down to 1/4 health and I died, nearly threw my controller at the wall.

Summoned mimic, beat him the next try lmao. Such an uninspiring way to finish, but aside from the final phase, 10/10 for everything else. My game of the generation by far, but now it's time for a tarnished to rest. Gonna finally start Persona 3 reload. Never played the OG so pretty pumped about it. I need a game the literal opposite of Elden Ring to just relax and vibe to.

Last edited:
Ho ! Another Dancing Lion ? Ho it can now have the deathblight element and fill the arena of it in phase 2 ? Ho and it also summons basiliks that in addition to deathblight , completely fuck up the locking ?

Bullshit boss battle. A typical "we need to make another boss battle but don't want to make a new one"

Sorry it was a rant. It didn't even took me a lot of tries (thanks to Torrent) but this is a so cheap and boring way to do...
you can cheese it from range with bows or spells. Don't jump down and snipe from the ledge.

Top Bottom