• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

2 hours later...

Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything
This makes me feel better. It's very easy for me rn. Do the regular enemies get harder?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It mostly felt like birds and those shadow people. The invasions were challenging. Relanna is the first true boss I've seen. Just needed encouragement for more challenge bc it's seemed easy so far
Fuck me I have been struggling for this whole DLC but I guess that too easy for you.

I just beat the boss that does fucking triple full moon spell.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

For those of you that are struggling - the scaling system in the DLC is centred around you gathering items which power your attack and increase your resistances. Think of it as Golden Seeds 2.0. So if things are super hard just explore and gather extra materials.

tommib

Gold Member
I have a feeling it's gonna get rough soon
Was the Dancing Lion a walk in the park for you? What level are you? Because that motherfucker hits like a truck and serves you everything from lightning to frostbite and a 1 hit kill grab - all in relentless combos.

You must be a god.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Using the weapon art of the inseparable sword makes take chunks of health off the undead dragon (normal attacks do mabe 0.0001% of that).

I put down the game shortly after it launched and I platinumed it. Im rediscovering shit all over again, but it seems the usual suspects are still the "best".

Edit:
I forgot the main reason for this post: is tgere a blacksmith around here somewhere, or do I need to travel back to the light lands for that?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
forgot the main reason for this post: is tgere a blacksmith around here somewhere, or do I need to travel back to the light lands for that?
I was actually about ask same question. Do we need go back round table to upgrade our weapons?

Was the Dancing Lion a walk in the park for you? What level are you? Because that motherfucker hits like a truck and serves you everything from lightning to frostbite and a 1 hit kill grab - all in relentless combos.

You must be a god.
I haven't gotten to him yet. I've been randomly exploring and just rolled up on Relanna. And I had to get off, but she seems like she'll be where the challenge starts. Mostly things besides the invader have been pretty easy, but those were mostly shadow people and birds

I'm like 176

Last edited:

WoodyStare

I’m level 195 and I’ve also been mostly steamrolling through everything using the Ruins Greatsword and Dragonclaw Shield. Just finished the West area and currently working on the East side. The lion only took me three tries but he was definitely tricky. I don’t doubt I’ll eventually hit a roadblock at some point, but I’m having a blast with this so far.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
did you respec before the dlc? High arcane baby (in the Madden voice). lol high vigor, are you getting one or two shotted?

I’m curious to see how my new character at 168 does. I’ve got a 208 but that character is at NG+4. That would get destroyed. It might be too early to tell, but do you see this DLC getting you above level 200 or 220?

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Mesmer down.

First real moment of nope no chance lets go elsewhere. Had to respec for str-int and play with a shield. Took me maybe 30 tries with my tankiest ash + an npc summon and I barely made it (lvl 230). Progress wise this is not even half way in, this thing is its gigantic

Last edited:

j0hnnix

This will be spicy for me this weekend. I finished the game at 120. Left him there baking.. I did move to respec for BB but now looking at some of those great hammers, swords i might go strength.. but oh boy im gonna have my asshole puckered the whole way.

Antwix

Guardian Swordspear carrying me in this dlc. Switching between that and katana every now and then. Just beat that hippo. That thing is pretty obnoxious lol. The mouth grab attack is kinda tricky to dodge.

Also the Jagged Peak area/communion and boss (at least the single one I saw so far) are so atmospheric holy shit

Last edited:

J3nga

Just got to Messmer the Impaler. It's insane, managed to take 60% of his HP just once, difficulty spikes with each boss is no joke. It's enough for today.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This makes me feel better. It's very easy for me rn. Do the regular enemies get harder?
Those tall bastards with two swords hit too much, and their health doesn't decrease at all. You can take them down with two parries though.

There's one divine beast boss whose health decreases by 250 each time I hit it. I guess I'll have to use the shadow blessing, even though I don't like it. I mean, they've come up with such a ridiculous leveling system that when I use it, I'll feel like I've cheated. I really don't like this at all.

Those tall bastards with two swords hit too much, and their health doesn't decrease at all. You can take them down with two parries though.

There's one divine beast boss whose health decreases by 250 each time I hit it. I guess I'll have to use the shadow blessing, even though I don't like it. I mean, they've come up with such a ridiculous leveling system that when I use it, I'll feel like I've cheated. I really don't like this at all.
Yeah it confuses me too much anyway. I like pretty extreme difficulty so I may just stop using it.

Tomeru

I don't even know why I bother with this game being online on pc. Stutter and crashes. I'm gonna offline this shit and disable eac. Fuck this.

Ps

Black Steel Greathammer™️ is my new best friend.

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude how the FUCK do you dodge Rellana's tripple moon bomb attack?

Seriously, the windup is like 2 seconds and the AOE is almost the entire arena. And he drops three in a row.

Luipadre

Dude how the FUCK do you dodge Rellana's tripple moon bomb attack?

Seriously, the windup is like 2 seconds and the AOE is almost the entire arena. And he drops three in a row.

i dont have the dlc but i saw that boss on stream. I think you have to jump over it

Last edited:
Just got to Messmer the Impaler. It's insane, managed to take 60% of his HP just once, difficulty spikes with each boss is no joke. It's enough for today.
Just beaten the fucker after somewhere between 50-100 tries back to back. At least you lose quickly and can just keep going again. That second phase is brutal.

I downloaded the DLC on Steam last night, but got on after work just now and it said the update failed? Now it's at "Updating 59%" with two hours remaining...did it take a long time for you guys to get it updated and working?

Last edited:

Antwix

The field dragon with the enemy NPCs fighting it.... this is simultaneously the coolest yet stupidest thing ever. It's awesome until you realize when you come within 10 ft of the enemies they start attacking you instead of the towering dragon that's reigning down ghostflame.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Mesmer down.

First real moment of nope no chance lets go elsewhere. Had to respec for str-int and play with a shield. Took me maybe 30 tries with my tankiest ash + an npc summon and I barely made it (lvl 230). Progress wise this is not even half way in, this thing is its gigantic

Wait,

Messmer is just halfway?

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Last edited:

Antwix

It won’t let me interact with the hand wtf, i beat mogh, radahn, and even sewer mogh what am i doing wrong
what platform? usually resetting the console fixes it. unless you're on pc, which I'm not sure. maybe do a verify files on steam and reset steam

Last edited:

Boralf

Is it recommended to use the scadutree fragments or does it become too easy if you use them? I'm not really sure what they do exactly.

Jedi0608

Is it recommended to use the scadutree fragments or does it become too easy if you use them? I'm not really sure what they do exactly.
Use them. The difficulty ramps up pretty quickly. Although I’m playing on NG++ and I’m getting stomped but 20-30 attempts of the first couple bosses and I’m still pushing through. Doing my damndest not to summon but it’s getting tough lol.

Last edited:

Stafford

Lord almighty, I don't often check reviews or previews and what not anymore. But what IS this shit? How did the higher ups at Eurogamer sign off on this?

The part about user messages. Lady, you were playing this before the whole world was, how the fuck would there be player messages?

The part about dev messages and how she doesn't want them, how it basically takes the challenge away. Lady, nobody is forcing you to read the messages, right? And more.

I can't man. 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom