• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

manlisten

Ahhhh that feeling of getting a bosses move set down and then making a fool of them will never get old (looking at you, Death Knight!)

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I cant even beat the first summon spirit!

damn-png.4890

Trogdor1123

Any builds you would recommend moving to? I’m average at best and was using the moonlight great sword. It it seems that it may not be as viable anymore.

april6e

I'm half joking but I almost feel a sense of bitterness towards the Souls community at this point. We make such a fuss at pretending like the Souls games are too easy even though they objectively are one of the hardest AAA games on the market. So Fromsoft keeps upping the ante every single game.

Sekiro was brutal and the final boss was the only boss in the franchise where I quit because I couldn't beat it. The Elden Ring DLC continues that trend. The first main boss in the DLC is harder than any boss in the franchise other than pre-nerf Melania and Isshin and I'm dreading seeing what awaits me if I somehow manage to get past this jerkface.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

GHG

The backhand blade moveset and animations.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

I'm half tempted to rebuild around these just for style points.

Last edited:
Blackgaol Knight set looks great with his sword and a nice beefy shield. Kinda want to try full sword and board with a heavy load.

I’ll at least upgrade that sword and run around with it for a bit.

Do you have to still beta the main game to play the DLC too?

It feels more like this is just an unofficial Elden Ring 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Starting the DLC now!

Using my first Elden Ring character, but decided to give the Scythe a go. Upgraded it to +24 and gave it the Sword Dance Ash of War.

Currently level 156

Barakov

Put in about 4 hours so far. I did a lot of exploring on the left side of the map and just found the shortcut in Belarut Tower Settlement. It took me a while to get back in the swing of things but I got my groove back.

Kings Field

Any builds you would recommend moving to? I’m average at best and was using the moonlight great sword. It it seems that it may not be as viable anymore.

Get the Bloodfiends Arm, infused with savage lions claw ash and bleed. It gets 230ish bleed build up and hits like a truck. It’s S scaling on Occult and B on Bleed but that bleed buildup is fucking nuts. One heavy attack and it doesn’t matter what the enemy, it procs bleed.

You can get the weapon as soon as you start the DLC too.

Trogdor1123

Get the Bloodfiends Arm, infused with savage lions claw ash and bleed. It gets 230ish bleed build up and hits like a truck. It’s S scaling on Occult and B on Bleed but that bleed buildup is fucking nuts. One heavy attack and it doesn’t matter what the enemy, it procs bleed.

You can get the weapon as soon as you start the DLC too.
Best name ever btw…

Raven117

I'm half joking but I almost feel a sense of bitterness towards the Souls community at this point. We make such a fuss at pretending like the Souls games are too easy even though they objectively are one of the hardest AAA games on the market. So Fromsoft keeps upping the ante every single game.

Sekiro was brutal and the final boss was the only boss in the franchise where I quit because I couldn't beat it. The Elden Ring DLC continues that trend. The first main boss in the DLC is harder than any boss in the franchise other than pre-nerf Melania and Isshin and I'm dreading seeing what awaits me if I somehow manage to get past this jerkface.
Nah. They have the data at who beats what. Doubt they bother with too much internet chatter.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I just discovered a cave cult of giant bastards.

Forgot to add that I'm really liking the Scythe (from base game). Never used it before the DLC and it's got so much going for it.
A great 4 attack combo that very often will down an enemy into a critical hit opportunity, bleed, and good range. It's also surprisingly fast.

Last edited:

Kings Field

Beat Messmer in three tries. This Bloodfiend Arm is Amazin’. Also using the ancient meteoric ore greatsword and the ash hits like a comet. Loving the DLC weapons so far.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Just beat some Samurai pecker named Rakshasa with a giant sword. Kept smashing his face in with a madness shield and then backstab over and over again.

The game will often give you 2 summons + your own summon for some of these boss fights.

Last edited:

Tomeru

I tried milady - don't like the moveset. At all.

The Great Katana is a bizzare weapon. I don't like its moveset also, as they make me feel like its not a sword intended for combat. Or something. I dunno, evrn with 1000 sheet dmg, it doesnt feel that strong for some reason.

I need to try some other stuff. I really like this dlc so far (although I dislike the same things I did with vanilla er).

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
First boss I fought was Blackgaol Knight. He's super easy to stun/stagger but hits like a truck.
Yeah, his easy af, I died a few times though cuz of his cheap and magnet moves and he can kill you in just two hits.
I thought he'll drop the crossbow but nope, only armor set which is super heavy and I don't like the look of it. Not a fan of the Greatsword as well.
Haven't fought a true boss yet, but I'm about to when I think I'm ready and explored enough of the first unlocked map. Markers are nice, but god I wish there was fog of war as well.

WG0X9Cc.jpeg

RZSmkPE.jpeg

qRSwdvh.jpeg

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
So the latest update lets you tag items? I wish new items would be highlighted because I sometimes cant find them in my inventory.

Bartski

Gold Member
The golden path covers about I’d say 20% of the map. I think the reason why bosses feel so hard is due to not enough scadutree to be found without really venruting out.

I’m at the final boss atm I getting so helplessly wrecked I se no point even trying. But that’s ok so many structures in the land I haven't been to yet, I think now I’ve been to maybe 30-35% of the map.

Not for the lack of trying tho and it drives me nuts.

I’ m super anal while exploring yet I only have 2 map Fragments , dead ends everywhere, both north west and south east.. I see one huge drop in mootrg ruins but no way to scale it, I just shave no clue how to get to „lower level” of the landmass. What did I miss?

Last edited:

thuGG_pl

Damn, I won't be able to play this until I come back from my vacation in two weeks. So jealous of you all, can't wait to play this!

SJRB

Gold Member
it’s so weird how they made levelling trivial in this DLC. Your level barely matters, all that matters are the shards to buff your stats. The amount of runes you get also is a clear indicator, as Rellana gives you a measly 250k runes which isn’t enough to level up twice assuming you went in the DLC with a high level character.

This makes being overleveled pretty much impossible and as a result the DLC is brutally difficult at times because you can’t always bruteforce your way through.

Which kinda sucks for me because that’s my typical Str build strategy. I play the entire game with my +10 Bloodhound Fang, lol.

FunkMiller

Got a chance to briefly play this for half an hour last night, and laughed my ass off when I stumbled on Blackgaol Knight and got fucking wrecked in seconds with a 175 level character that I platinumed the base game with :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck you Miyazaki, you beautiful mad bastard.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I've found a couple good greatswords including the Greatsword of Solitute but I don't know if I want to give up the Claymore. Lion's Claw is so good and some of these weapons you can't change the AoW.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The vertical design and the sense of scale is so great in SOTET, just like in the main game:messenger_horns:

You'd think that there's just one area below you as you first arrive to the land of shadows and look down from a cliff, but then and as you find your way there there's like at least 2 hidden and sprawling areas bollow that as well (not to mention the areas above the main level of the map) and who knows what else, cuz the main game also had hidden areas under the surface. I love this design so much, but so far there hasn't been a lot of crypts, caves, ruins to explore and all that, I only found one lava ruins but that's it. I'll keep exploring :messenger_relieved:

9eb0QCL.jpeg

wgcVjSk.jpeg

HuppVVb.jpeg

CrwwFtg.jpeg

The golden path covers about I’d say 20% of the map. I think the reason why bosses feel so hard is due to not enough scadutree to be found without really venruting out.

I’m at the final boss atm I getting so helplessly wrecked I se no point even trying. But that’s ok so many structures in the land I haven't been to yet, I think now I’ve been to maybe 30-35% of the map.

Not for the lack of trying tho and it drives me nuts.

I’ m super anal while exploring yet I only have 2 map Fragments , dead ends everywhere, both north west and south east.. I see one huge drop in mootrg ruins but no way to scale it, I just shave no clue how to get to „lower level” of the landmass. What did I miss?
Yeah I'm in the same situation except I've found more of the map. You've missed tunnels and holes in the ground etc. As for that boss. Fucking ridiculous. I did manage to get to the 2nd phase once. Very very briefly. Nice cut scene I guess.

Madflavor

Gold Member
I’ve been enjoying watching Asmongold get booty blasted in this DLC. Guy talked mad shit about how he dominates Souls games, all while using the most brain dead build and tactics. Guy used a Str build in the base game, and just jumped and strong attacked the entire way through. Never experimented or tried different strategies, so he’s got wicked tunnel vision.

He gave up on so many bosses last night lol. Can’t Unga Bunga your way outta this one. Hell neither could I, but at least I understand the game and was able to change build and strategy to adapt.

Orbital2060

For any one used to bleed build and the seppuku ash and struggling with blackgaeol knight, try switching to bloody slash. It made the fight quite trivial, since you dont have to engage in melee but just safely pull of the slash skill and stay at medium distance. Also made short work of the red phantom in the large circular court inside Belurat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom