• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

This was amazing and thrilling, well done by both teams! After the bad spine I had (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37855090&postcount=134) about Spain, I think this is the kind of match that gives confidence on the long run, it is a nice way of entering the competition itself against a strong contender.

Except for the misses, I had the impression Torres did well as a striker on reference point in creating spaces on the Italian side. Navas had the capacity to destabilize every defender he faced, as always pretty confident he was!

Am I the only one who noticed how horrible the passing was? Was it the pitch or what? Would love to see the pass completion % for Italy.
Yep. The pitch seemed very, very slow.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
That was a great game. But it's a terrible result for us Irish.

I'm just going to say sorry to the world for what our Irish team is about to produce.

Somehow the RTE panel that have been attacking the team for the last few years, have overtaken "ITV/English Tabloid" traditional "Engerland" style hype.

Go on you boys in green.

Fake edit: They are finally popping the hype balloon after over inflating it for weeks.

Blablurn

2,h%3D343.bild.jpg

a true maestro

So glad to see Ireland back in a major tournament. Was in Ireland in 2002 just before the WC...and followed them closely when I returned home to the US. Can't wait for the Spain rematch!

I thought Hulk was more winger... Soo that's Mata, Hulk and Hazard in the front? No way Mata gets pushed to the bench.

----------Striker----
Hazard --Mata-----Hulk
-----Mikel ---Ramires----

I see no problem. But hey, also got to keep injuries and what not in mind, will also need to rotate a bit, so Lampard and Meireles will no doubt get games too.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
----------Striker----
Hazard --Mata-----Hulk

I see no problem. But hey, also got to keep injuries and what not in mind, will also need to rotate a bit, so Lampard and Meireles will no doubt get games too.

Do you think Marin will get some playing time?

Jburton

Banned
Croatia are not as good a team as they used to be but they still have greater quality players than tte Irish.

Will require a miracle.

Éirinn go Brách

Do you think Marin will get some playing time?

Honestly no idea how good he is. Bundesliga fans seems far from convinced he will be a hit at Chelsea. :/

But with Kalou (and hopefully Malouda) gone, and both the cups, the league and CL, he will no doubt get some playing time as Chelsea would lacks wingers.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
false 9 only works with Messi, Del Bosque, because of his pace and amazing dribbling skills none of spain players can replicate that.

I still don't get the point of Xabi Alonso in that midfield.

Soi-Fong

----------Striker----
Hazard --Mata-----Hulk

Dang.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea spend just under a 100 mil to get 3 world class players.. Jeez...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom