• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I think Greece has a decent chance of still passing. If we give it our all with Russia and we score a quick goal this time, then we got this.

TeegsD

i0WWsSdauVvNN.gif

Implying it won't happen

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So apparently I got 2 points in total all throughout matchday 1 (meaning, only 1 winner tipped correctly throughout the first 8 games :( ), and.... 8 points throughout the first 2 games of matchday 2. Meaning I tipped the exact correct score for both games. Jesus, teams, why so bipolar. Just always play according to my tips please, k?

I think Greece has a decent chance of still passing. If we give it our all with Russia and we score a quick goal this time, then we got this.

We just need to be concentrated from the kick off and not concede just like we did with the Czech last night.

Two goals in the first 5 minutes? That's always a bit of a burden to overcome.

We manage to keep a clean sheet, then we have as good a chance as everybody!

Socreges

Banned
Really, we need to fill this skyline up, this giant gap in the middle doesn't do Warsaw any favors.
Skylines are overrated. Street level is what matters. I'll take European architecture over an impressive skyline any day.

Note: I have no idea what Warsaw looks like at street level.

rodvik

So...this is a really good competition this year.

Group stages usually have mostly dull games but this year most have been really good.

Poland/Ukraine - Carry on!

Blablurn

i'm gonna watch the game with some friends in cologne tonight. not gonna be here to join the fun :( but i'm excited. it's gonna be a close match but i say 2:1 germany. thats what my heart says. my gut says holland is going to come back big time. we'll see.

Arjen

Judgement day Dutch GAF, let's help each other to get trough this crazy day.
Hope the rumors of a revised starting line up are true, if we play the same system as always i have a bad feeling about this.

i'm gonna watch the game with some friends in cologne tonight. not gonna be here to join the fun :( but i'm excited. it's gonna be a close match but i say 2:1 germany. thats what my heart says. my gut says holland is going to come back big time. we'll see.
Strange, as a Germany fan, I also have this fear that Holland is gonna win this match. Every team is different, Holland vs Germany dynamic is very different than Portugal vs. Germany. I fear the worst, but I am ready for the best! Let's do this!

Chuckie

Strange, as a Germany fan, I also have this fear that Holland is gonna win this match. Every team is different, Holland vs Germany dynamic is very different than Portugal vs. Germany. I fear the worst, but I am ready for the best! Let's do this!

I hope the German team underestimates the Dutch team and the Dutch team has a perfect day... in that scenario we can win.

Judgement day Dutch GAF, let's help each other to get trough this crazy day.
Hope the rumors of a revised starting line up are true, if we play the same system as always i have a bad feeling about this.

Dutch GAF Unite! Even with the same line up I still think we would have a chance. But I do hope Bert changed something. Robin and Huntelaar together....the topscorer of the german competition and the topscorer of the english competition...they have to score some goals
LLShC.gif

I don't understand the pessimism. My wife is freaking out at home. She'll probably have a heart attack or something tonight. She said she doesn't even want to watch it.

It's a game of football. Anything could happen.

I hope Holland wins, not just because I support them but because they'll make the Group of Death 3rd round games even more interesting!!

kitch9

Banned
Really proud of my Polish countrymen on the pitch today. They played an exciting brand of football, and the goal was spectacular. The curve on that ball was incredible!

Disappointed in the actions of drunk hooligans, but very happy with the Warsaw police's swift response. Canada could have used this kind of presence and pre-planning multiple times, such as during the G8 summit, and even during the Vancouver Stanley Cup riots.

The game was just incredibly open. Most coaches in the world would do their nut with the team for that after the match.

Antioch

I think the Dutch will play very aggressively and may score, but I think that may give the Germans the chance to score on counter attacks, we'll see.

In the last 16 years (so 7 games) Germany lost six times the second group phase game... so here we go.

Oh shi-!

bjaelke

In the last 16 years (so 7 games) Germany lost six times the second group phase game... so here we go.

And Denmark had never won an opening match at a European Championship until we beat you guys - so thank you for helping us break that negative statistic. Hopefully you can help Germany break the cycle as well tonight!

Visceir

Placed some bets on Holland and Portugal winning.

Holland will definitely try hard and I'm hoping Portugal did their homework and prepared well against Denmark.

I'm really curious to know which country the majority of (EURO2012) Football GAF supports?

Seems like Dutch football GAF is the most popular around here, then maybe England GAF? or Germany? is there a chart or something in the OP? couldn't find it.

I'm only afraid that Robben will suddenly score again with his one trick, that would be the ultimate insult to injury, dont think i could take it.
When was the last time he scored one of those goals?
Still, if the Bayern players who will be covering his side and who have to deal with his trick in training all the time allow that to happen then fuck them big time..

Arjen

I'm really curious to know which country the majority of (EURO2012) Football GAF supports?

Seems like Dutch football GAF is the most popular around here, then maybe England GAF? or Germany? is there a chart or something in the OP? couldn't find it.

There's no list of supporters like in the last world cup, but it seems like Dutch GAF is pretty big indeed. I think there are more england fans, but they don't realy care for their national team as much as we do i gues.

Danielsan

Dutch Gaf and England Gaf are the most vocal moaners, at the very least.
Well, they often say say: "The Netherlands, a country with 16 million coaches". We tend to be extremely critical of our national football team, even when they are winning.

Oranje-gaf represent!

It will be interesting to see if Huntelaar will start - it seems that most of the Netherlands prefers this - although it would go against the year-long preparation strategies.

I don't have much hope for tonight, I'm afraid a 3-1 or 3-0 defeat will kick us out of the tournament. However, I suck at predicting matches, so maybe tonight will be glorious, the resurrection of Robben and RvP.

Divius

I have little faith we will beat Germany, but I do have some hope.

Looking from a neutral point, both are great teams and I at least hope for a good, fun game.

sidenote: I think it would be hilarious if Denmark beats Portugal.

Danielsan

Oranje-gaf represent!

It will be interesting to see if Huntelaar will start - it seems that most of the Netherlands prefers this - although it would go against the year-long preparation strategies.

I don't have much hope for tonight, I'm afraid a 3-1 or 3-0 defeat will kick us out of the tournament. However, I suck at predicting matches, so maybe tonight will be glorious, the resurrection of Robben and RvP.
I have them pegged at a 3-1 defeat in our office pool. So far I got nearly everything wrong, so there's still hope. On the bright side, I earn 100 points if we do get our asses kicked by a 3-1 defeat.

FeD.nL

Damn at the dutch pessimism/'realism', Sneijder will boss around the pitch tonight and huntelaar will score. We will beat ze Germans, shame on those who bet against their own country.

chico

i hope portugal wins 1:0 against denmark and netherland 1:0 against germany.
all with 3 points and same goal difference.

Damn at the dutch pessimism/'realism', Sneijder will boss around the pitch tonight and huntelaar will score. We will beat ze Germans, shame on those who bet against their own country.

You're right, so let me just say this: Jetro Willems will score the winning goal, which will also be the goal of the tournament. He'll be so fed up with discussions about Huntelaar & co that he will just kick it in himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom