• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Whats this with the constant "actors" references?

robben-cheats.jpg

You can't compare him to the Portuguese.

Danielsan

It's going to be crazy day today when the Holland-Germany starts. Where I live, there this one street where one side of the street is in Holland and the other side in Germany (De nieuwstraat). half an hour before the match till half an hour after the match, it's not allowed to drive through that street and everybody that looks suspicious can be arrested. There's been lots of fighting over the years there so it's understandable but it's still kinda crazy for me.
Sad to hear that. I love the rivalry between us and the Germans and I thoroughly enjoy all the friendly stabs we take at each other, but it should always remain a friendly rivalry. Too bad too many people take football either too seriously, or use it as an excuse to start fights.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if the Germans end up killing it tonight I'll be supporting them throughout the tournament. Got to give our neighbours some love.

Chuckie

Wasn't used as an example of his "acting", merely as an iconic image from the last World Cup.

Not your greatest post then.

Posting text: You certainly can! (compare him to portugese actors)
Posting photo of him not acting but actually injured

norinrad

He pulls back his legs/doesn't go all in when he sees he can't reach it and Robben takes another touch and then decides to dive without being touched... Are you really defending that?

You can see in the vid, he slightly touched him which threw him off balance. That was not a dive but a mere reaction to an attack

FillerB

jPSN8jYvkBzN4.jpg

From the frontpage of todays Spits. (Terrible free newspaper distributed at trainstations.) Nice.

On the prediction side: Netherlands to score the only goal of first half of the match but they'll get cocky resulting in a 2-1 victory for Germany.

WJD

Not your greatest post then.

Posting text: You certainly can! (compare him to portugese actors)
Posting photo of him not acting but actually injured

Fine, with the help of WoodenLung I'll rephrase my post:

You certainly can!

iPreI8CrwUn48.gif

Fact of the matter is, Robben dives and feigns/over exaggerates as much - if not, more - than most of the Portugese squad (Pepe being the absolute worst of course) so it's a little bit rich to be calling them actors.

Then again, we have Ashley Young :(

norinrad

Dirty and quick, sorry I lack skills.

[West]Germany has had more divers over the years going back to Gerd Muller,

i also remember Italia 90 very well as a kid back then when [west]Germany got a penalty against Argentina due to a dive. lets face it The English may have invented hooligans but [west] Germany invented modern day diving which has ruined once a great game.

Germans are blaming us for diving now? How the world has changed.

I'm not German. Just hilarious that the dutch supporters would call the Portuguese actors when they got one of the worst of the game, Robben himself, as their leading actor. Even more hilarious when that dive above is defended, good thing Robben didn't get injuried from it. :lol

Dutch Facebook friends have been going mental all morning!
If we win, great! If we lose we will be almost certainly be out of the tournament but at least I can go on with my life.
I am going to watch the match with some German friends so that's going to be interesting...

Chuckie

That's a bunch of nonsense. Hey, sure hooligans and the violence and deaths they've caused are bad, but diving, oh my, diving is ruining the game. Also it's the Germans that invented its modern form, even if I have no clear proof other than something I don't remember quite correctly from 1990.

While I agree hooliganism is much worse and I agree that 1990 wasn't the starting point of diving, he does remember very correctly that Germany was awarded a penalty in 1990 by diving.

Chuckie

As a German I disagree on that (but it probably wasn't a penalty-worthy foul), though even if it hypothetically had been diving, let's not forget Germany didn't get a crystal clear penalty earlier in that match.

It's ridiculous to claim that Germany invented modern diving.

I am mixing things up. I meant the Klinsmann dive that got the Argentinian player sent off.

fuenf

When was the last time he scored one of those goals?
Still, if the Bayern players who will be covering his side and who have to deal with his trick in training all the time allow that to happen then fuck them big time..

thats what i meant, the irony that would come with such a goal after he single-handedly started demolishing the Allianz Arena with all of his shots into the stands :( but most likely he'll just be diving all over the pitch and spend most of his time one the ground... athletically he shouldnt stand a chance against Boateng, even if he catches him out of position Boateng should be able to catch up again.

zonezeus

Fun fact: almost half of Poland's population (16 234 000 people) watched Pol - Rus game yesterday, setting a new record for the most watched sport event in polish TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom