• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Whatever happens it will be an...interesting game.

If the Netherlands lose, it'll completely suck any enjoyment out of the rest of the tournament for me though.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Kabouter is jinxing this game :/

he's being realistic. If they play like they did against Denmark, the Dutch will be beaten senseless by the Germans, we'll be packing our bags during half-time.
I'm not even talking tactics, just the attitude, there was no will to win against Denmark. Not once did I see vPersie be embarrased about missing chance after chance. There was only despair, colorfully illustrated by the shots aimed at the stadium-lights by Robben.

They need to man up, get their shit together and willing to destroy everything that stands between them and the cup, much like they were 2 years ago; not a single opponent faced the Dutch Lions without shitting themselves at least twice.

Now? The Dutch Lions are fucking kittens that don't even instill fear in mice like Denmark, let alone Germany and Portugal.

Arjen

556894_481127355235073_967763551_n.jpg

Kabouter is jinxing this game :/

He's not. It's reverse jinxing.

If you are all arrogant and claim you gonna pwn n00bz, then the football deities punish you by making your team lose.

If you are a bit of a pessimist and don't go around bragging, the football deities will reward you.

I strongly believe in that, I never try to talk much shit before a game to the other team supporters or make any bold statements/predictions, so not to jinx it. Most people think I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is how things work. :p

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556894_481127355235073_967763551_n.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Something like this is what I'm talking about above.. This is jinxing imo :P

Pretty funny though! Hope it all comes true bro!!

Hackbert

he's being realistic. If they play like they did against Denmark, the Dutch will be beaten senseless by the Germans, we'll be packing our bags during half-time.
I'm not even talking tactics, just the attitude, there was no will to win against Denmark. Not once did I see vPersie be embarrased about missing chance after chance. There was only despair, colorfully illustrated by the shots aimed at the stadium-lights by Robben.

They need to man up, get their shit together and willing to destroy everything that stands between them and the cup, much like they were 2 years ago; not a single opponent faced the Dutch Lions without shitting themselves at least twice.

Now? The Dutch Lions are fucking kittens that don't even instill fear in mice like Denmark, let alone Germany and Portugal.

what games did you and me see? Germany´s play looked ineffective and slow with a lot of failed passes. Oranjes had chance after chance. silly of them to lose. And we got really lucky.

Good thing, Neuer is such a good keeper. I hope Schweinsteiger and Müller wake up and score some.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
what games did you and me see? Germany´s play looked ineffective and slow with a lot of failed passes. Oranjes had chance after chance. silly of them to lose. And we got really lucky.

Good thing, Neuer is such a good keeper. I hope Schweinsteiger and Müller wake up and score some.

Chance after chance and none went in, most didn't even go on goal. At least Germany showed scoring potential.

Holland vs Germany will be THE match for every football fanatic out there. I am from Holland so you know which team I am rooting for, but for the neutral viewer the matches between these two teams are always a spectacle one way or another. Enjoy neutral viewers! I am going to be wrecked with nerves when the match ends so I will see you guys tomorrow.

Oranje-gaf represent!

It will be interesting to see if Huntelaar will start - it seems that most of the Netherlands prefers this - although it would go against the year-long preparation strategies.

I don't have much hope for tonight, I'm afraid a 3-1 or 3-0 defeat will kick us out of the tournament. However, I suck at predicting matches, so maybe tonight will be glorious, the resurrection of Robben and RvP.
Huntelaar played nearly all the qualification matches and a lot of friendlies as striker. He didn't do that bad either (overall topscorer qualification).

norinrad

I have little faith we will beat Germany, but I do have some hope.

Looking from a neutral point, both are great teams and I at least hope for a good, fun game.

sidenote: I think it would be hilarious if Denmark beats Portugal.

I'm having trouble doing anything today, i just keep looking at the clock. Its D day, either we beat [West] Germany or its all lost

Senseless? Because of the superb skills they displayed against Portugal? Sorry not to underestimate germany whatsoever but they didn't play like champions against portugal. While I agree that they have to man up you're portraying it like we haven't even got a chance.

norinrad

Senseless? Because of the superb skills they displayed against Portugal? Sorry not to underestimate germany whatsoever but they didn't play like champions against portugal. While I agree that they have to man up you're portraying it like we haven't even got a chance.

They may have not been in their best against the actors but they did what they came to do and that was collect 3 POINTS. What did we do against Denmark again? uh huh

Jamie OD

The possibilities coming out of today's games are intriguing. Will Denmark surprise us again? Will we see either Holland or Portugal getting knocked out of the tournament already? Will it even be both? This will be a good day of football.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Germany played to win, Holland played just to play, or in the words of Dries Roelvink: 'We zijn er weer bij en dat is prima.' ('We are there and that's fine.')

That difference is enough to be destroyed tonight.

The less "FC Bayern" today the easier Germany will win tonight. At least don't let Gomez, Müller and Schweinsteiger play. Lahm should play and even though I don't like Badstuber at all but he at least convinced me and Neuer is yet to become a true FCB player ;)

3:1

Klose
Klose
van Persie
Reus

Huntelaar played nearly all the qualification matches and a lot of friendlies as striker. He didn't do that bad either (overall topscorer qualification).

But usually as a sub, right? His famous high goal-per-match ratio was during the post-WC period when RvP was injured. Van Marwijk seems determined to keep RvP as striker, rather than put him at #10.

Chuckie

and I said They were solid, sure there holes here and there but they were solid. They got the 3 points, what exactly did we get against Denmark?

You are not reading his post. He says considering having watched both games, he won't think Germany will beat Holland senseless. He might be wrong, might be right... but that is what he is saying

Germany played to win, Holland played just to play, or in the words of Dries Roelvink: 'We zijn er weer bij en dat is prima.' ('We are there and that's fine.')

That difference is enough to be destroyed tonight.

I am not saying Holland will win...but I at least hope to see a different attitude (play to win)

And its Wolter Kroes, not Dries Roelvink who sang that.

Hanmik

Why are you all talking about that mediocre match between Germany and The Netherlands..?

you should be talking about this match.

Kem0sabe

and I said They were solid, sure there holes here and there but they were solid. They got the 3 points, what exactly did we get against Denmark?

To be honest, they didn´t deserve the win against Portugal, as the Dutch didn´t deserve to loose against Denmark.

Both PT and ND had most of the chances in their games, with GER and DN scoring on practically the only chance they had.

norinrad

You are not reading his post. He says considering having watched both games, he won't think Germany will beat Holland senseless. He might be wrong, might be right... but that is what he is saying

I am not saying Holland will win...but I at least hope to see a different attitude (play to win)

And its Wolter Kroes, not Dries Roelvink who sang that.

I do get what he's saying, it just rubs me in the wrong way that we did not beat Denmark, this whole thing would have been easier, rather having to try and beat Germany.

Anyway lets do this then beat the actors too

norinrad

To be honest, they didn´t deserve the win against Portugal, as the Dutch didn´t deserve to loose against Denmark.

Both PT and ND had most of the chances in their games, with GER and DN scoring on practically the only chance they had.

Thats the problem right there. They may have not created lots of chances but they could put the ball in. Thats freaking solid

Chuckie

I do get what he's saying, it just rubs me in the wrong way that we did not beat Denmark, this whole thing would have been easier, rather having to try and beat Germany.

Anyway lets do this then beat the actors too

Ofcourse we should have beaten Denmark. And although I do think it was a penalty, we only have ourselves to blame for that. If we don't get through this group, it is our own fault.

It's going to be crazy day today when the Holland-Germany starts. Where I live, there this one street where one side of the street is in Holland and the other side in Germany (De nieuwstraat). half an hour before the match till half an hour after the match, it's not allowed to drive through that street and everybody that looks suspicious can be arrested. There's been lots of fighting over the years there so it's understandable but it's still kinda crazy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom