• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone (every nation) dives. The over-dramatization is still more prevalent amongt the Southern European teams/nations, or so it seems to me.
And, of course, we have certain players who tend to dive more. In the game NED-GER Robben is one of such players.

/edit
thats what i meant, the irony that would come with such a goal after he single-handedly started demolishing the Allianz Arena with all of his shots into the stands :( but most likely he'll just be diving all over the pitch and spend most of his time one the ground... athletically he shouldnt stand a chance against Boateng, even if he catches him out of position Boateng should be able to catch up again.
But Lahm will probably defend against him and as shitty as Lahm has been in the first game. Nani > Robben so it should be fine.

Linius

We're coming for you Germany!

rVTeH.jpg

fuenf

Everyone (every nation) dives. The over-dramatization is still more prevalent amongt the Southern European teams/nations, or so it seems to me.
And, of course, we have certain players who tend to dive more. In the game NED-GER Robben is one of such players.

To be fair Özil put on a diving / crying clinic against Bayern too, but i guess that's to be expected. What pissed me of about Robben is how easily he goes to ground, it often seems like he doesnt even try to beat his opposing player anymore, one sneeze and he's down. Yeah Ronaldo, Ribery & co dive a lot, too but for them it seems more of a tactical option than standard procedure.

But Lahm will probably defend against him and as shitty as Lahm has been in the first game. Nani > Robben so it should be fine.

Ah fuck, i always forget that our coach prefers Lahm as LB. But you are right, a right-footed Lahm could really benefit against Robben.

To be fair Özil put on a diving / crying clinic against Bayern too, but i guess that's to be expected. What pissed me of about Robben is how easily he goes to ground, it often seems like he doesnt even try to beat his opposing player anymore, one sneeze and he's down. Yeah Ronaldo, Ribery & co dive a lot, too but for them it seems more of a tactical option than standard procedure.
Well, they rather try to get pens/free kicks in dangerous places while Robben also trolls all over the pitch, lol
untitled-10rpjvq.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Any idea at how much fan representation we'll see from the dutch and german supporters tonight? I want to see that entire stadium painted orange.

fuenf

I'm worried about the Dutch formation..

It'll be funny to see van Marwijk crack under the pressure and change his team. His formation against Denmark would've been ideal against Germany, might not be pretty but it would do the job and given them their best chance to win. Any more attacking formation really helps Germany out a lot.

norinrad

Why does this arrogant coach of ours still refuse to play KJH? It just puzzles my mind. he's far more Prolific than van Persie

The Germans are going to have a field day with Mathijsen, he's useless

fuenf

http://www.nu.nl/sport/2834055/afellay-of-kuijt-laatste-vraagteken-bij-oranje.html
Yes.
(Mathijsen in for Vlaar, possibly Afellay out for Kuyt. No other changes.)

Ah fuck :( knew all these funny formations you guys suggested were to good to be true. You do know that our team is basically Bayern, right? It's impossible for Löw to get the "Bayern"-system out of the players in such a short time. So let's look back at last season, which were the teams that troubled Bayern the most? Strong defensive teams with a fast paced counter-attack. Add that Marc van Bommel and de Jong can easily disrupt the gameflow of Özil (the only player that really adds a different flavour to the national team, compared to Bayern), it makes sense for van Marwijk to stick to his system.

There is just no way the Netherlands would win a shoot-out style match against Germany, Germany's defense / goalkeeper are to strong for that too happen and the Netherland's defense would be extremely weak with just one or no holding midfielder.

edit: In short: Get Germany to play reactive football and you are in for a whole lot of trouble, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom