• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raist

Banned
So he thinks staying in the dark ages and having 2-3 massive, country-angering blunders every tournament is better? What a tool.

Well it's the usual "it makes things exciting!11!1" kind of bullshit that he and others have claimed several times.

Yes, and we tried explaining that it was in no way a serious article and was never intended to be. The first headline sentence should have told you that. You then kept repeating that it's not funny, which is your opinion. Mine is that it is funny if you accept it for what it is, a light hearted article clearly written as a joke, with exaggerated spelling mistakes and grammatical errors thrown in for comedic effect.

Edit: Here are two previous articles, as you can see they're written in exactly the same non-serious style:

Dude.

th_RalphWiggum.gif

bjaelke

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Uefa opens disciplinary proceedings v Croatia for improper conduct of supporters against Spain - fireworks, racist banners & team conduct.

ruhuh

UEFA have been busy lately. I wonder how much they make on a tournament like this.

What actually happens to money recieved from fines. The idealist in me wants it to go into a charity fund, the realist tells me it goes into the UEFA coffers.

Kem0sabe

Michel Platini on Blatter and goal line technology: “Yes, Blatter will do it,” Platini said. “He will (introduce) the technology, but I think it’s a big mistake. ... it’s the beginning of the technology, the arrival of the technology.”

What does he think this is, Skynet?

00221917eae80b527bff5d.jpg

Possibly.

Raist

Banned
What actually happens to money recieved from fines. The idealist in me wants it to go into a charity fund, the realist tells me it goes into the UEFA coffers.

"Dude, just ordered 5 boxes of caviar, 20 lobsters and 12 bottles of Don Perignon for tonight. You in?"

platini_blatter1.jpg

bjaelke

Make that 6 boxes of caviar and some Moet.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
The FA is fined 5,000 Euros by Uefa's Control and Disciplinary Body for the inappropriate conduct of fans during the game against Sweden.

rodvik

I just don't understand how everyone's saying Ukraine got robbed...

Shrug, they really didnt imho. An offside goal which was probably over the line (but maybe not) didnt get given. Shrug, doesnt seem like the end of the world to me. And even if it had been given they would still have gone out.

Then again I didnt really care much about Englands not given goal in 2010. Sometimes the refs decisions go against you. Shrug.

Jburton

Banned
Shrug, they really didnt imho. An offside goal which was probably over the line (but maybe not) didnt get given. Shrug, doesnt seem like the end of the world to me. And even if it had been given they would still have gone out.

Then again I didnt really care much about Englands not given goal in 2010. Sometimes the refs decisions go against you. Shrug.

It was clearly over the line.

Alx

I am with Platini on the technology thing. I like the human element and referees judgement is part of the game.

I understand that opinion, especially from someone who used to really play the game : for players, football is a very real thing, running on the field, sweating, arguing with other people...
It's easier for spectators used to watch it on television to ask for more technology, because most people mainly know football through a TV screen, with permanent replays and commentaries (just look at football videogames : most of them emulate a TV broadcast and not a real game). But maybe there isn't enough respect for the sport and the players in such a system.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I am with Platini on the technology thing. I like the human element and referees judgement is part of the game.
that's all fine and dandy if you're playing for loose change, but this isn't just a game, it's a billion-euro industry. an error by a referee has big financial consequences.

It was clearly offside regardless. How are there people who don't see this?

It's wilful ignorance to support an anti-England position. Blatter did the same this morning. After England actually did get robbed against Germany the case for goal line technology wasn't clear enough, suddenly one of the favourites (bribe money teams) doesn't get awarded an offside goal the case becomes undeniable. Fucking bullshit.

rodvik

It's wilful ignorance to support an anti-England position. Blatter did the same this morning. After England actually did get robbed against Germany the case for goal line technology wasn't clear enough, suddenly one of the favourites (bribe money teams) doesn't get awarded an offside goal the case becomes undeniable. Fucking bullshit.

They are just jealous of our beautiful game. 8)

To be fair to Blatter he came out in his position after 2010 , this just reinforced it, so I dont think he is out to get us.

As for the host nations. Yeah it sucks to be knocked out they were both unlucky to a certain extent as well.

My interest in football is practically zero.
But I bought a tent today at a retailer here in Germany that will reimburse the entire cost of the tent if Germany wins the euro cup.
So go Germany ;)
Finally I have a reason to get excited about the tournament ^^

Linius

My interest in football is practically zero.
But I bought a tent today at a retailer here in Germany that will reimburse the entire cost of the tent if Germany wins the euro cup.
So go Germany ;)
Finally I have a reason to get excited about the tournament ^^
Love it how retailers link everything to football these days. Buy a fridge to keep your beers cold. Buy a washing machine to make sure you have clean football shirts etc. etc. :p

Smeghead

Marcotti sums up England vs Italy pretty well.

“Italy and England are two teams who have left their football roots far behind in this tournament,” he said ahead of Sunday’s Euro 2012 quarter-final in Kiev.

“Cesare Prandelli’s Italy played good football, while England have been transformed into a catenaccio-style entity that only plays on the counter-attack. It will be interesting to see this stylistic contrast on Sunday night.

“Do England have an Italian identity? It’s a classic 4-4-2 and pretty basic. They got this far with a bit of luck and a relatively easy group.”

This bit especially...

“As usual, they are going through a pretty familiar sequence of events in England. They didn’t want Roy Hodgson, as everyone hoped for Harry Redknapp. They all expected a first round elimination, but now they’re through to the next round they are already talking about a semi-final against Germany, as if Italy were Luxembourg.

“That’s what they are like in England. Their emotional state flies from one extreme to the other.”

I can remember when English media used to slaughter Italian teams for playing "catenaccio" in the champions league/world cup and then they end up using it for the national team, interesting to see how times have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom