• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

Way too many creative mid-fielders, and both Alonso and Busquets can defend really well. Spain still has the best chance to go through IMO.

Portugal would be lucky to have some of your bench players as our starting mid-fielders. Spain has an immense amount of depth.

Still, Portugal managed to beat you 4-0, not a reserve team but a full strength Spanish team. England managed to win as well.

Depth and quality of players means shit if you play poorly... like Spain has done this entire tournament.

Corto

Better to be arrogant in the soccer field than to lack confidence.

Humm sometimes his arrogance is a bit too much. It's like his own team mates are an hindrance to his show. He was right about Postiga today though. Our strikers are meat bags with a pair of eyes.

The_Monk

sOa6Ll.jpg

Arnie

Navas is so average, I don't know why you'd put him in your starting lineup. Torres is more than capable for Spain, he understands the system and can finish, as we've seen. He's the best option with Villa injured, primarily because Llorente isn't made for the position Spain like to use at the tip of their attack.

jtb

Banned
Still, Portugal managed to beat you 4-0, not a reserve team but a full strength Spanish team. England managed to win as well.

Depth and quality of players means shit if you play poorly... like Spain has done this entire tournament.

friendlies don't mean shit. Especially for this spain team

edit: and they haven't really played poorly yet. not to their own lofty standards? maybe. But they only won most games in 2010 by 1-0. dat posession.

Corto

Did Ronaldo say "Messi" before blowing a kiss to the camera? if so, I love you Cristiano.

No. Filho=Son in Portuguese.

He would be smart though if he just stop talking about Messi completely. I'm sure these guys have personal advisers for communication with press, if so the guy that advises Ronaldo is a turd that doesn't have the balls to tell him to shut up about Messi.

Corto

Why would Ronaldo keep mentioning Messi? That's like Superman shouting 'kryptonite' in defiance after saving a woman from a burning building.

And the skeletons should go in the closet.

He is not very smart handling the press. They keep asking him about Messi as they know they'll get something out of him. Even in a totally unrelated competition he keeps falling in that trap.

IceCold

No. Filho=Son in Portuguese.

He would be smart though if he just stop talking about Messi completely. I'm sure these guys have personal advisers for communication with press, if so the guy that advises Ronaldo is a turd that doesn't have the balls to tell him to shut up about Messi.

Ughh.. Ronaldo rarely talks about Messi unless reporters bring him up in interviews.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i think Messi is just as arrogant - the same with Xavi and Iniesta. you can't be a great player without having a level of arrogance and belief that your defender(s) can't stop you. they all just handle it differently, and to each their own.

i never thought Ronaldo would eclipse his play at MFC, then i thought he'd forever be a shrinking violet in international play. he continues to impress, as Messi did when he scored 3 a few weeks back in that scorching friendly vs. Brazil.

we should all be thankful for watching two of the best that have ever played the game right now. for me, it's the same as seeing the competition and comparisons between Nadal - Djoker.

FootballFan

Is Messi playing at Euro 2012? Because after every Portugal match someone brings Messi to the table...

Because people start talking about balon d'Or/best player and you are guaranteed that Messi(being the best) will be brought up by someone. It is probably the most boring discussion and never gets anywhere.

Corto

Ughh.. Ronaldo rarely talks about Messi unless reporters bring him up in interviews.

That's right. He should just answer those questions with a standard: "I'm focused on my own performance and on the success of my team. Messi is an excellent player that is not involved in this competition." Then they'll stop asking him about Messi. Simple as that.

feel

What? He barely mentions Messi, and when he does it's because he's pressured into answering something and he does it with a lot of class and respect. Don't believe all the Ronaldo openly hating Messi stupidity the press puts out there.

chico

SEMI FINALS!!!! WOOOHOOOOO

totally deserved win against hte czechs. for 70m we played it sooo good. just need to score more from all the chances we had.

and to all the ronaldo haters.... its just pathetic.

Arnie

i think Messi is just as arrogant - the same with Xavi and Iniesta. you can't be a great player without having a level of arrogance and belief that your defender(s) can't stop you. they all just handle it differently, and to each their own.

I'd probably agree with that from an attitude point of view; quite simply they all know they're excellent players. The difference comes on the pitch because Ronaldo's a much more arrogant player in his own game; he's had a career whereby he's been encouraged to adopt this one man mentality whereby it's his job to pull something magical out of his ass. Messi's grown up in the Barca system; he's a complete team player. Sure, he goes on runs, but he's far more integrated in the team and puts a greater emphasis on spreading his magic out to other teammates, rather than running into 5 players when there are plenty of other options available.

As I say, whilst that's my honest assessment, it's not Ronaldo's fault. That's just the way he's been coached, and he does it excellently. Messi's without doubt in a class of his own for his ability to work as a team however.

Noirulus

lolol I'm a supporter of Portugal. I can see how you got confused.

I don't think Spain was at full strength for that game. When I see spain this tournament and their passing ability it scares me how we'll match up to them. :/ Sure they haven't played at their fullest potential, but they have the ability to break through a defense at any moment which always provides a good heart attack.

IceCold

By the way, what to guys think of the comments that Platini made by saying that he hoped for a Germany vs Spain final and was disappointed to see the Netherlands drop out at the group stages?

Personally I think he's a dumb fuck for saying something like that considering he's UEFA's president.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
By the way, what to guys think of the comments that Platini made by saying that he hoped for a Germany vs Spain final and was disappointed to see the Netherlands drop out at the group stages?

Personally I think he's a dumb fuck to say something like that considering he's UEFA's president.

He's also a football player and everyone would know some "neutral" answer would be bullshit. Unless you're silly enough to think UEFA might try to rig the tournament, who gives a shit what Platini would like to see happen?

Corto

Personally I think he's a dumb fuck to say something like that considering he's UEFA's president.

He's a troll that wants to give an image of himself as an independent and outspoken figure but forgets his place and should reserve himself from making those comments while the competition is still running.

chico

and after the game i thought... was there a save by Patricio?

#CZE were the first side not to have a shot on target at Euro 2012.`

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cant wait for the tears on here if spain lose to france. anything is possible

IceCold

He's also a football player and everyone would know some "neutral" answer would be bullshit. Unless you're silly enough to think UEFA might try to rig the tournament, who gives a shit what Platini would like to see happen?

Because he shouldn't voice his opinion. Dude is the President, and bullshit or not, should present a neutral stance. We all know he hates countries like England. Doesn't mean he has to tell people about it for example.

You are also kidding yourself if you think there isn't some form of corruption or favoritism in these competitions.

Wellscha

I want Ronaldo to troll football GAF and win this tournament.

and then FIFA trolls everyone and gives the balon d'Or to Casillas or Iniesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom