• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

iz0T2NjYq4JkD.gif

CrunchyB

End of a horrible Euro '12 for us Dutchies. But frankly, the quality just wasn't there. We should have won against Denmark, but Germany was way better and Portugal/CR was surprisingly good. Our defense was shit (but we suspected this in advance) and our midfield/attackers were disappointing. I kinda blame Van Marwijk, but it was a tall order.

0 points in 3 games for the first time in history :/ Oh well, we had virtually no chance to win this thing anyway, so what does it matter....

Congratulations to Germany and Portugal, good teams that deserved to win.

twdnewh_k

Not sure what to say about the Dutch, great team but just didn't click at all this whole tournament.

Was good to see Ronaldo do great after 2 joke performances.

Djrds

Neo Member
And yet they couldnt win from the Germans.

Also, the butthurt comment is funny. Check my posts, i've only been critical of my own team because we were more terrible than the Irish. :lol

Yes, the cold result is what counts, but "couldn't" is a bit of an overstatement given the opportunities we made and our complete lack of luck.

IceCold

It was pathetic to make the comments, it would be one thing if Messi had made any comments about him, but he needs to come to terms with the simple fact that Messi will always be recognised as a better player/man(& sulking about it just makes him look worse).

It was a mistranslation.

This is what he said after he was asked something about Messi:

"Sabem onde estava o Messi no ano passado por esta altura? Estava na Copa América, a jogar pouco e com a Argentina a ser eliminada em casa. E há quem diga que ele é o melhor do mundo. São coisas normais nos grandes jogadores"

In English: "Do you know where Messi was last year around this time? He was in Copa America, not playing very well and with Argentina being eliminated at home. And some say he's the best in the world. These things are normal in big players."

How many times do we need to mention this?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Deserved loss, deserved to go home.

But by the Gods, someone should've bitchslapped Ronaldo back to last year for acting so fucking cocky after the equalizer. Dude plays shit for months in the national team, makes an easy goal and gets his arrogance on?

leroidys

Yep, saw you there too.

For sure.

And another.

Awesome. So anyone who finds it laughable that the Portuguese are the best team ever by their performance against Holland is suffering from anal rape trauma, even if they are American and was hoping for Germany and Portugal to go through, as they are the best teams in the group.

Sports threads really bring out the worst fucking idiot posters on this forum. It's like a contest to say the stupidest shit. I can hardly believe that you managed enough sustained mental activity to post on this forum.

Sylver

Banned
In English: "Do you know where Messi was last year around this time? He was in Copa America, not playing very well and with Argentina being eliminated at home. And some say he's the best in the world. These things are normal in big players."
The good thing is C.Ronaldo was wrong Argentina went home in quarterfinals.

Dinokill

Ronaldo today scored 200% more goles than Messi did in the entire Copa America. And Messi got to play powerhouses like Bolivia. Just saying.

Sports threads really bring out the worst fucking idiot posters on this forum. It's like a contest to say the stupidest shit. I can hardly believe that you managed enough sustained mental activity to post on this forum.

I agree. In fact, if you go back on this thread to this time yesterday, and see how Dutch supporters were making complete ass-clowns of themselves, you'll find even more compelling evidence.

Djrds

Neo Member
Awesome. So anyone who finds it laughable that the Portuguese are the best team ever by their performance against Holland is suffering from anal rape trauma, even if they are American and was hoping for Germany and Portugal to go through, as they are the best teams in the group.

Oh, you're simply delighting. Tell me more about how you can simply assume from my post that I think Portugal's the best team ever?

leroidys

Ronaldo today scored 200% more goles than Messi did in the entire Copa America. And Messi got to play powerhouses like Boliva. Just saying.

He was great today, no doubt. Portugal have a good shot if the Ronaldo we saw today shows up for the rest of the tournament.

I agree. In fact, if you go back on this thread to this time yesterday, and see how Dutch supporters were making complete ass-clowns of themselves, you'll find even more compelling evidence.

Oh, you're simply delighting. Tell me more about how you can simply assume from my post that I think Portugal's the best team ever?

Just ask him how much it stings that his team were the BOMBA of the tournament.

DEFLECTION MODE ACTIVATED

Who is my team? Can you not read?

Arjen

Are you kidding me? I think most of us had.zero faith of it ending well for us.
Enjoy your hating, hope it makes you happy

Butthurt... Really? Shame that Portgual will get the Czechs, now they will be easily making their way through the next round too. Can't wait for them to crash out in the round after though, Djrds has potential for new worst football poster.

leroidys

They certainly blew.
Ah!

Thanks for proving my point over and over. I AM NOT DUTCH/A DUTCH SUPPORTER.

Butthurt... Really? Shame that Portgual will get the Czechs, now they will be easily making their way through the next round too. Can't wait for them to crash out in the round after though, Djrds has potential for new worst football poster.

I'm sure they would have preferred to get Greece for some 2004 revenge.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Ronaldo today scored 200% more goles than Messi did in the entire Copa America. And Messi got to play powerhouses like Bolivia. Just saying.

And Ronaldo got to play a powerhouse like Holland.
In desperationmode.
With the shittiest defence in history.

Just saying.

Fritz

looked like something else happened... surely wasn't the first time he had to run a lot...

You're frightening me. Missed that interview cause I was in the car. Lahm looks better but Ozil still looks more sick than usual. Or he just turned into a tank during his time in Espana.

Corto

Never thought João Pereira would make a top-notch assist like the one he did in the first goal! wow. Now he just needs to learn to not suck at defense. hehehehe

Moutinho and Meireles need some rest, they will be exhausted soon if Paulo Bento doesn't make something about that. They knew the score of the Germany game, he should have taken out Moutinho to rest him.

Pepe is playing superbly. And finally Ronaldo appeared, on the day of his son 2nd birthday no less... ;)

Believe!

Too bad. Most saw this coming I think, but were still hoping for a miracle for the Dutch. Again, good first 15 minutes or so, and everything went downhill from there. Let's hope we have an actual defense in Brasil in 2014 and Van Persie and Huntelaar aren't ignored by the rest of their team. They were walking around with nothing to do the whole game.

Madridy

Can't believe some people still hating on Ronaldo after this World-Class performance...

Oh wait they're Barca fans!

Can't believe some people still hating on Ronaldo after this World-Class performance...

Oh wait they're Barca fans!

Barca fan? madridy pls, I would let Ronaldo fist me before I would wear a Barca shirt, still doesn't make me hate Ronaldo any less and think he's not as good as Messi.

Danielsan

The first 15 minutes I almost believed. Then everything turned to the same old shit again. Glad they didn't go through, when you play like shit, you deserve shit.

I do wish Portugal got eliminated though. Bunch of annoying smug fucks.

TeegsD

FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love reading through this thread solely because Portugal barely gets any love. People love to either downplay our victories or say that it won't matter and we won't last long. It's beautiful to read when they are proved wrong. Everyone thought we wouldn't make it through and look at where we are. Also love that whenever Ronaldo puts on a performance the usual suspects will chime in with their "DUN CARE, MESSI IZ DA BEST". I just wish there was a way for me to collect all the mad in this thread. And now onto the Czechs! Ate a final!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom