• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
But would you guys agree it's been the best individual performance in the Euro, so far? I'm not asking if he's been the best player.

FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jSMdXBWsVM3KF.jpg

:(

Corto

messi is still the best player in the world.

Yes. Yes, it is. Ronaldo is lucky to be playing in the same generation Messi is playing. It ups his game. He needs though to stop obsessing on Messi and start to focus on his own performance and what he needs to bring to the team. No more, no less. He needs to start thinking of why people scream Messi name when he plays on totally unrelated games and stop commenting on Messi completely.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz people about boring Messi vs Ronaldo talk zzzzzzzz

Group C tomorrow people

If Italy decides to play, they will be at 5 points tomorrow so they will pass (unless the Irish decide to spoil their fun)

What are the conditions if Spain and Croatia tie it?

Djrds

Neo Member
Sorry, it's mostly just Ronaldo and his attitude. It rubs me (and a lot of people) the wrong way.
That said, I laughed my ass off when he changed his hairstyle during half time.

I kind of understand, but yeah he's like that. Still, he produces results so we couldn't give a fuck, honestly.

Kiraly

zzzzzzzzzzzzz people about boring Messi vs Ronaldo talk zzzzzzzz

Group C tomorrow people

If Italy decides to play, they will be at 5 points tomorrow so they will pass (unless the Irish decide to spoil their fun)

What are the conditions if Spain and Croatia tie it?

Only 2-2 and above will see Italy fail in the group stages.

FootballFan

Can't believe some people still hating on Ronaldo after this World-Class performance...

Oh wait they're Barca fans!

Ah yes, WoodenLung, Clegg, xbhaskarx, Blablurn. The ultimate Cules.

btw I don't think people are hating, he was great today, but horrible in the first 2. Just people saying he is 2nd to Messi. Which imo isn't such a bad thing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Watching the Germany match now. Germany is so good. They won all the matches in the group of death. Spain/Germany final again?

feel

Calls out another team for being cocky
Has Ronaldo on his own team
I was talking about the dutch fans, specially on gaf.

This is a funny post because Portugal was pretty mediocre and wont stand a chance against Spain or Germany. Portugal only looked impressive because Holland was so goddamn terrible. :lol
uuughh.. ok?? I never came close to saying Portugal would do well against the upcoming teams or anything. Is the salt getting in your eyes?

IceCold

Sorry, it's mostly just Ronaldo and his attitude. It rubs me (and a lot of people) the wrong way. No offense intended to the Portuguese fans of course.
That said, I laughed my ass off when he changed his hairstyle during half time.

Honestly his attitude outside the game is much better. I've seen many interviews of him in Portuguese where he's in his house and he seems like a really chill dude. He doesn't drink, likes to joke around a lot, and gives a lot to charity.

leroidys

to all the Portugal/Ronaldo Haters...

we dont care.

your hate is our fuel...

After 3 pages of people saying "Wow Ronaldo was great this game" "Ronaldo is amazing" "Ronaldo is second only to Messi" "If Ronaldo keeps playing this way, Portugal have a real shot"

????????????????????????????????????

I never minded Ronaldo's attitude because I always prefer that to a Matterazi (probably misspelled) style, where you get this tendency to actively hurt your opponent.

In that regard, I'd sooner have issues with Ramos or Pepe in the Madrid squad.

What I especially admire about Ronaldo is his insane drive and work rate. He runs, runs and never seems to let up. His tactical understanding of the game is scary-good (his runs, his passes...etc). I can't help but admire a never-say-die attitude.

In the end, that outshines his drama queen antics.

My two cents on the matter.

2San

I never minded Ronaldo's attitude because I always prefer that to a Matterazi (probably misspelled) style, where you get this tendency to actively hurt your opponent.

In that regard, I'd sooner have issues with Ramos or Pepe in the Madrid squad.

What I especially admire about Ronaldo is his insane drive and work rate. He runs, runs and never seems to let up. His tactical understanding of the game is scary-good (his runs, his passes...etc). I can't help but admire a never-say-die attitude.

In the end, that outshines his drama queen antics.

My two cents on the matter.
Ronaldo is somewhat bareble, but only because Nani compensates by giving proper service.
What just struck me is how van Marwijk chose Luuk de Jong over Ricky van Wolfswinkel :S
Like that would have any effect what so ever. :p

soepje

Can't believe some people still hating on Ronaldo after this World-Class performance...

Oh wait they're Barca fans!
He´s just gifted with a very punchable face. You can neutralize that gift by acting normal. But his additude seems awefull too.

Anyway, we are done, i´m not sure who to support now, part of me wants to go for Germany, but at the same time that goes against my natural instinct.

chico

After 3 pages of people saying "Wow Ronaldo was great this game" "Ronaldo is amazing" "Ronaldo is second only to Messi" "If Ronaldo keeps playing this way, Portugal have a real shot"

i also read all the other comments... but hey, i dont care. im too happy to care!!! :]

NHale

Surely you are confusing this thread with something else. But you should not worry so much because you will have your moment of glory next Thursday when Ronaldo will suck again.

hey guys, who do you think is better, messi or ronaldo? ^_^

Pepe.

poisonelf

Congrats to Portugal, I'm really happy they won.
I like the way Portugal plays, and I also like the country, so... Great shots and opportunities.

It seems we're supposed to be 'hating' each other as far as football is concerned since 2004, but meh, I hope Portugal wins this (if Greece doesn't :D ).

Oh, also, to act like a few Dutch fans did when commenting on Greece:
"LOL fucking bunch of losers, couldn't even win one. Disgrace to football. Fuck the Netherlands, good riddance".

Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom