• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

I finally got a chip in eagle but it was in a mega cup tournament :mad:

and that one tourney, looks like I came in somewhere around the middle after all :D

I don't understand people that get like -20. HOW? I must just really suck.

newsguy

Tournaments are fun and all, but would be better if they cut down on the waiting. Could easily cut the length of a normal tournament in half without anyone even having to rush.
This x 10. I see the ending time when I go to register and I'm immediately turned off. I don't take 30 minute shits, and handhelds need to abide by the length of shit rule.

and that one tourney, looks like I came in somewhere around the middle after all :D

Nah, they (me included) just practice a lot. A strong character to get to the green in 2 on par 5's also helps.

I managed a -22 on the 18 yesterday. Could have been better but I screwed up the last hole and ended 6th provisionally. Really irritated by that sort of situation...

krae_man

Easy, eagle every par 5, birdie everything else. Some par 4's are reachable in one shot as well.

I finished 3rd in one 9 hole daily with -13. First place was -15. Some people are very good.

MrPliskin

Banned
I'm all over the place in this game! First 9 in the daily, I go 10 under. The other two, I manage Par, and +2...ugh. Harvest hills was pretty tough with a Novice only for me, I've gotten used to the better stats and relying on them to compensate, haha. Oh well, still having a blast.

Chris R

Are there any hints about what will unlock the "red star" on a challenge? Stumbled into one last night, but I was just playing the challenge, not actually trying for anything in particular.

I'd prefer for it to be in game and hinted at, vs having to consult a guide.

hort22

Am onto the 6-5 challenge or thereabouts...the funny thing is I have 9 crowns total but 4 of the crowns on the 6- challenges...how the hell have I crowned them but not some of the earlier ones...think I play better not knowing what to shoot sometimes.

KooPaL

This game is so addicting and is my first HSG experience. I never knew there were sort of character progression in this game is actually got me somewhat hooked. Does character customization play a factor in getting these ridiculous scores? I know that skills plays a lot of factor as well so i guess on equal skill level will the customizations and loyalty help out by a huge margin?

Also please add me to the PSN list when possible... PSN: KooPaL-

Are there any hints about what will unlock the "red star" on a challenge? Stumbled into one last night, but I was just playing the challenge, not actually trying for anything in particular.

I'd prefer for it to be in game and hinted at, vs having to consult a guide.

You're told how to earn the crowns once you've completed challenge mode.

I just wanted to extend an invitation to you fine folks to join us on the PlayerOne Podcast forums.

We are currently running two weekly tournaments (based off the daily tournaments) and also keeping track of daily tournament wins and some other stuff.

It's competitive, but not cutthroat. We are doing this to have fun and are hoping to attract other folks with likeminded attitudes. Judging by in game age thing, the vast majority of us are 30-39.

Anyway, take a look, and if it looks like it would be fun to you just follow the directions in the FAQ and you can even start on the official tournament we have going that starts today.

http://www.playeronepodcast.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7623&st=0

krae_man

I'm all over the place in this game! First 9 in the daily, I go 10 under. The other two, I manage Par, and +2...ugh. Harvest hills was pretty tough with a Novice only for me, I've gotten used to the better stats and relying on them to compensate, haha. Oh well, still having a blast.

I rock on that course now. It played it like 30 times in a row to get the crown with Gale Force Winds and Rain. That course is easy as pie for me.

Bullza2o

I really suck at this game, but I'm really enjoying my first HSG games. Even better that today I got my very first eagle --a chip-in eagle! And after that I got a perfect spiral chip-in birdie! I am very proud of myself today, knowing I probably won't achieve such things again for a long time.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
The jump in difficulty from Amateur to Pro Rank is really quite big, this game is definitely harder than HSG:OB.

Do you need to change your character on the Pro Rank challenges?, I'm currently using Yuna (Novice Character) with the Grass Cutter club and the Big Air ball.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The jump in difficulty from Amateur to Pro Rank is really quite big, this game is definitely harder than HSG:OB.

Do you need to change your character on the Pro Rank challenges?, I'm currently using Yuna (Novice Character) with the Grass Cutter club and the Big Air ball.

Up to you really and how aggressively you want to play. For the challenges I don't think you need to. In terms of clearing them conservative is often best unless you're a real pro.

When you get a character up to loyalty level 1 it says triangle/circle shots unlocked. What does that mean?

It's used for tweaking your power slightly if you get it wrong.

After setting the power, press circle for impact to weaken your shot slightly. Press triangle for impact to strengthen your shot slightly (can't go above 100%)

While I'm still looking for my first albatross, I did manage this stunning round on Maple Leaf...

o3sBS.jpg

Yes, I fluked a few ;)

krae_man

I know, I know :(

However, I do know that I can at least improve slightly on the first 9 holes if it ever comes round again. I've played the course to death and I can at least eagle the first hole with a bit of luck.

Yeah that first hole is easy to eagle unless you get unlucky with your roll.

Anyway, I did good on my first daily today:

K97fx.jpg

Damn Pars killed me. I missed a 6 foot putt on one of them:(

Oh well, at least I hit this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5t9_7NsUo

Bumhead

Banned
I think I'm close to being done with this.

I absolutely get why this game is popular. I actually think it's a deeper game than Tiger Woods is, despite the appearance of both games, and it captures alot of the joys and frustrations of Golf really well. But I quit trying to play Golf for the same reasons I think I'm done with this game. I just don't have the patience to deal with alot of the frustrating elements.

I'm sure it's fine if you know how the various systems work, and if you're a veteran of the series, but as a newcomer I'm finding the difficulty level really prohibitive to my enjoyment of the game. Beginner level was fine. I just about managed to blag my way through Amateur. Pro is kicking my ass in a massive way. I've never finished with a - score in any of the dailies, either. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but I just can't seem to get to grips with how the game works. None of the variables such as power and wind are stacking up for me either in my approach play or putting. Everything just seems really eratic even when I think I've lined up everything perfectly. The flow of unlocks feels really slow to me, too. I've persisted with the game for hours already at this point yet I'm still on Level 1 equipment all round and there's very little flexibility to adapt character stats around my game yet.

Unless there's a dummies guide out there somewhere (and I'm talking the absolute dummies guide, from the most simple baby step basics upwards) I don't know if I'm going to be able to carry on much further.

Seik

Banned
So I got the game last friday, this game is really addictive, I'm already almost 4 hours in and its great! It looks like its full of content and stuff to unlock! :D

Oh yeah and...

bJZ4U.jpg

LOL! Didn't expect this at all! XD

Bog

Junior Ace
Ended up ranked 37th in Friday's Daily Tournament after a somewhat flukie but also BEAUTIFUL Double Eagle/Albatross. Love this damn game.

I think I'm close to being done with this.

I absolutely get why this game is popular. I actually think it's a deeper game than Tiger Woods is, despite the appearance of both games, and it captures alot of the joys and frustrations of Golf really well. But I quit trying to play Golf for the same reasons I think I'm done with this game. I just don't have the patience to deal with alot of the frustrating elements.

I'm sure it's fine if you know how the various systems work, and if you're a veteran of the series, but as a newcomer I'm finding the difficulty level really prohibitive to my enjoyment of the game. Beginner level was fine. I just about managed to blag my way through Amateur. Pro is kicking my ass in a massive way. I've never finished with a - score in any of the dailies, either. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but I just can't seem to get to grips with how the game works. None of the variables such as power and wind are stacking up for me either in my approach play or putting. Everything just seems really eratic even when I think I've lined up everything perfectly. The flow of unlocks feels really slow to me, too. I've persisted with the game for hours already at this point yet I'm still on Level 1 equipment all round and there's very little flexibility to adapt character stats around my game yet.

Unless there's a dummies guide out there somewhere (and I'm talking the absolute dummies guide, from the most simple baby step basics upwards) I don't know if I'm going to be able to carry on much further.

Here's something I wrote up a few years ago with EG2 on PSP. Most of it should still be correct but feel free to ask any questions or make some comments. I might have to remake it :) (Note: The website has long been mothballed)

http://everybodysgolfclub.webs.com/apps/blog/show/3587326-improve-your-game-everybody-s-golf-2

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hmm i wanna play in that p1p thingie but i just learned that psn has a friends limit ... whhaaaa? i thought only ms was that stupid

Bumhead

Banned

CSSer

Getting eagles is easy once you're decent at putting and have a character that can drive the ball far (~270+ yards). The maple leaf course is also the easiest putting course, so that helps.

I rarely get any trick shots, and I always try to put super spin on my swings. I usually use a max Loyalty Max though, and he has a bad control/impact stat. I suppose Izzak or Pandora would increase my chances at super spin shots. I was using Izzak to get my albatross, repeatedly playing the first 4 holes of challenge 1-1. I used a big air club/pin hole ball (285 yards, control B, spin A).

I'm wondering this as well...

Are you guys using trick shots to get all those Eagles?

What character/set-ups are you using?

Power does help a lot in most cases. That particular round was made with the final character who has enough power to make the green in one shot on a few Par 4's with a bit of luck. Power gives you the distance needed to reach the green in 2 on Par 5's.

Aside from that, accuracy and a bit of luck will save the day. The accuracy is important as it reduces the difficulty of the putting.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Power does help a lot in most cases. That particular round was made with the final character who has enough power to make the green in one shot on a few Par 4's with a bit of luck. Power gives you the distance needed to reach the green in 2 on Par 5's.

Aside from that, accuracy and a bit of luck will save the day. The accuracy is important as it reduces the difficulty of the putting.

wow reaching the green in one shot on a par 4 explains a lot, my current characters max drive is only around 236 yards atm, I think I might consider changing my character.

Love this game so far, but I really really miss a good tutorial / guide.
I got the loyalty level 3 and now I can pull of some shots. But how the hell do I pull them off and how does the loyalty system work?

There seems to be much more to this game, than just a simple golf game, but without a decent explanation I'm feeling that I'm not really making any progress. Is there any good online manual?

Top Bottom