• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah I was doing that - did a couple of laps around the edge of the hole, then zig zagged up the fairway, looking in bunkers. Lots of coins, a present, and a couple of blue chips. No gems.

Can you replay that hole over and over or only get those items once per day?

hawk2025

Just curious, have you played a lot of Hot shots in the past? Because it seems to me the ones that are pissed are the veterans, due to the fact that they basically bastardized the already perfect gameplay for the sake of in-app purchases.

There's no reason for them randomize the accuracy of a perfect shot, other than to entice you to buy more accurate clubs/balls, IMO.

I've played literally all of them.

I just beat the game, and wow... sorry for the caps but I am BEYOND FUCKING PISSED.

When you beat the game and ascend to Rank 7, the game suddenly springs the entire pay-to-win structure at its core onto you suddenly. I can't even fucking believe it. It's like winning a prize at the fair and when you leave a clown jumps out from a bush and beats you with a hammer.

So you know those clubs you've been torturously levelling up, that won't even be halfway levelled by the time you beat the game? Yeah, fuck those clubs. You get a second set when you beat the game, and the way you level them up is with gems or tickets - both of which cost money. (You do not receive nearly enough gems from free roam to do this effectively at all, I think those max at 5 per day.)

One ticket or 10 gems gets you two levels. That's what I got for 10 gems. And one ticket costs 8 euros. Let's do some maths:

8 euros = 10 tickets = 20 levels
Current max levels of a normal set: 25 (distance) +15 (control) +15 (spin) +10 (back door) = 65
Therefore it'd cost 32 euro to get your custom set up to where you could be from levelling, but fortunately enough (for Clap Hanz) since your clubs are only half levelled by now it's damn tempting. You'll certainly be behind people who pay for a LONG time.

But wait, there's much more. You can level custom clubs ABOVE what you can normally level the standard set. The top distance is 300 yards for normal, but custom clubs can hit about 366. Working it out at about 4 yards per level (in distance), it looks like max custom level distance is about 40. So if they're adding 15 lvls to power, let's assume they're adding a similar amount to control and spin as well (10 lvls each), and let's be kind and say none for backdoor.
Then 40 (distance) +25 (control) +25 (spin) +10 (backdoor) = 100
That would require 50 tickets at 8 euros for 10 tickets.
8 euros *5 = 40 euros.

You know that guy who got the Condor? The world first? Yeah, he probably paid 40 dollars for a set of clubs to do that. Wow, what an achievement. You know those people setting -15 scores on nine hole courses? They probably paid a boatload for their clubs.

This is fucking horseshit in a 40 dollar game, and I swear to god if I could ask for a refund now I would. I cannot BELIEVE they hid this shit behind the end credits, behind that awful shitty grind they called a single player mode. The whole point of this golf is equal competition! Where your own skill determines your score!

What a crock of shit. I'll see you all back in The Golf Club 2. Sorry for the super-negative post, but I'm furious.

Holy shit this is garbage, and not even 10 posts after this there were already people defending this P2W piece of trash mechanic.

What a shame.

Effnine

Seriously, I came here thinking "this game is like therapy, so relaxing and satisfying" and people are raging :O

Maybe it falls apart after a couple dozen hours, I suppose? It feels perfect right now.

The wife and I have been hooked since it came out. I suppose if you're really into the online competition part, it seems the game needs serious work. However, just golfing with friends is super fun and really what it's all about for me (so the P2W aspect doesn't bother me as much as it probably does and should others).

I do hope they fix that though, sounds atrocious from the descriptions. I'm only Rank 4, so I haven't experienced the end game yet.

RodzTF

Played 495 holes since Wednesday. Level 15 golfer currently working my way through Rank 6 events

Despite its flaws, the gameplay and progression system is what keeps bringing me back

Game is like pure crack

Griss

Played 495 holes since Wednesday. Level 15 golfer currently working my way through Rank 6 events

Despite its flaws, the gameplay and progression system is what keeps bringing me back

Game is like pure crack

Yes, ultimately as mad as I am, I can't stop playing. Clap Hanz are like a drug dealer... I know I don't want this, but I need it.

hort22

the pay to win thing isn't the end all for me as an 18 year player of the series...it's the perfect impact control part of it that's pissing me off.

every other game if I hit PI the shot would go where I lined it up to go...this game not so much.

Chris R

Is there a cheat code to unlock the remaining courses?

Really dislike how much it seems I have to grind just to unlock the 2nd course. Want to see if this is a purchase for me or if I just return it to Redbox tonight.

Is there a cheat code to unlock the remaining courses?

Really dislike how much it seems I have to grind just to unlock the 2nd course. Want to see if this is a purchase for me or if I just return it to Redbox tonight.

I don't know if you already are but if you press Square when choosing a single player tournament you get Serious mode, you usually have to beat 2 to then VS the boss which makes things quicker.

I've not played on standard so I don't know the difficulty increase but I've had no problems and I'm incredibly average at the game.

the pay to win thing isn't the end all for me as an 18 year player of the series...it's the perfect impact control part of it that's pissing me off.

every other game if I hit PI the shot would go where I lined it up to go...this game not so much.

Agreed. The extra penalty for using spin sucks too.

This game is so goofy.

That tutorial. man. Also really distracting having everyone running in front of you and taking shots all the time in the early tournaments.

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Went on sudden death with the VS boss of rank one and ended up winning.

Epic shit!

By the way fuck the 2 press aiming or whatever it's called. That was supposed to help beginners but ended up fucking up my shots most of the time, making the match a lot longer than it should've been.

Edit ; example of the game kicking me in the balls : https://youtu.be/VwDr4t6J1o4

Denzel

At this point, I think the only thing that can keep me playing this game is if they patched in the advanced shot system from EG6 and also imported classic courses from the older games in the series liek HGS3, OOB etc. Also Control needs to be patched BADLY.

mstevens

Can someone explain how and what I should be "grinding" every day? I see posts about gems and/or coins, but I looked back a few pages and didn't see any specifics.

This is my first Everybody's Golf game and I'm really liking it so far.

Sh0k

For Best Buy orders still waiting for their DLC code, you may want to follow the link posted by their support on their forums here and request a correct code with a private message.

People are saying they're having success getting the correct code that way.

Thank you for the link, I followed the instructions in the link and finally got the correct DLC code for the pre-order bonus. Somebody from Best Buy even called me to let me know that the correct code was sent to my email.

wapplew

Can someone explain how and what I should be "grinding" every day? I see posts about gems and/or coins, but I looked back a few pages and didn't see any specifics.

This is my first Everybody's Golf game and I'm really liking it so far.

Aside from single player rank up unlock course, go explore every open course and find 2 gem per course.
Item only show up around one specific hole randomly.

Heel

Thank you for the link, I followed the instructions in the link and finally got the correct DLC code for the pre-order bonus. Somebody from Best Buy even called me to let me know that the correct code was sent to my email.

Same here. Got a call, email and PM after sending the message. I guess they want to be really sure this time, haha.

mauaus

When performing super top spin do i have to hold down while setting power and then up at the exact moment i tap x for impact or do i have to hold up all the way through

Heel

When performing super top spin do i have to hold down while setting power and then up at the exact moment i tap x for impact or do i have to hold up all the way through

You can hold the necessary d-pad buttons for the spin you want while the gauge is moving. Just have them held down when you're pressing X each time.

You need to hit perfect impact for "super" versions.

mstevens

Aside from single player rank up unlock course, go explore every open course and find 2 gem per course.
Item only show up around one specific hole randomly.

Do those respawn or are they a one time thing?

I ended up playing 9 holes on the open course and it was like 15 fps. Now it's stuck on connecting for uploading my score. Anyone else having an issue or is it on my end?

wapplew

Do those respawn or are they a one time thing?

I ended up playing 9 holes on the open course and it was like 15 fps. Now it's stuck on connecting for uploading my score. Anyone else having an issue or is it on my end?

It's daily thing. 20 gems everyday, over 10 courses.
10 gems to upgrade custom club one time, maxtimum 10 times per stat, total 400 gems require, 20 days of gem hunt if you don't do fishing or rank 7 tournaments.

nikos

So I’ve been playing in 4K. Does the 60FPS mode downscale to 1080p? Does it affect the shot bar at all?

Edit: definitely looks downscaled at 60.

At this point, I think the only thing that can keep me playing this game is if they patched in the advanced shot system from EG6 and also imported classic courses from the older games in the series liek HGS3, OOB etc. Also Control needs to be patched BADLY.

Good news, the first two DLC courses are from the first two Hot Shots Golf games, so I'm sure there's more to come.

I love how they've put the work in to turn those courses into proper courses like the rest of the game.

surrogate

I can only laugh when I see people getting mad at a hotshots game and saying thing like "get fucked", "fuck you, so and so".

Get a life, Seriously lol.

Fortunately for us, you came galloping along on your trusty steed in a nick of time to set all us malcontents straight.

I agree. I have Grade 1 Pin Hole Clubs and even with PI the impact area is rarely down the middle. This is especially annoying with par 3 holes, I can never get close to the hole becausevof random hooks and slices.

Are you taking into account the angle of the ground? Its a common mistake in HSG for new players. But you need to counter for the angle the ball sits on the ground.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I was debating whether or not to buy this game but after reading some of the complaints I'm definitely gonna wait to see if they patch out all these issues.

njs15

You don't have to, but eventually you'll be able to put "ultra" spin on a ball by timing your d-pad press with the impact. There will be a screen in game explaining

Codeblew

It's daily thing. 20 gems everyday, over 10 courses.
10 gems to upgrade custom club one time, maxtimum 10 times per stat, total 400 gems require, 20 days of gem hunt if you don't do fishing or rank 7 tournaments.

It is not 10 times per stat. It is 10 times total (actually 11 because of bonus dude). Also you can get more than 20 a day because sometimes the gem on the ground gives you 2. If you have the DLC courses you can farm those also (at least the pre-order one you can). So really you only need 110 gems to max a club out. However you have to repair it every so often. I just had to do my first repair for 10 gems. If I had to guess, I played around 180 holes with them before needing repair. I did get some coins while playing those 180 holes because you can win them in rank 7 rewards and during the lucky rounds in online.

Bebpo

Banned
Speaking of lack of even playing ground for online. The dynamic weather is pretty bs. Was doing my daily and it started raining and made half the course unpredictable. Thought maybe it was like that every time for everyone submitting scores, but nope it was raining back in the hub when I finished when it was sunny before. Seems like the weather really should be the same for everyone in leadboards.

B00TE

the PI thing is some shit, got fucked real hard on otherwise perfect shots several times today while doing the 9 hole rounds in open course with a friend. You notice it a lot more when there's no wind. :/

Really hope they take a look at it and the P2W stuff. The latter doesn't affect me a whole bunch, I just play with friends and offline anyway, but it's still pretty bad. Other than that, still loving the game.

Ostinatto

It is not 10 times per stat. It is 10 times total (actually 11 because of bonus dude). Also you can get more than 20 a day because sometimes the gem on the ground gives you 2. If you have the DLC courses you can farm those also (at least the pre-order one you can). So really you only need 110 gems to max a club out. However you have to repair it every so often. I just had to do my first repair for 10 gems. If I had to guess, I played around 180 holes with them before needing repair. I did get some coins while playing those 180 holes because you can win them in rank 7 rewards and during the lucky rounds in online.

So, repairing the custom club cost 10 gems, and allows you to play 180 holes (20 9-holes rounds) everytime is fixed ?

Jimrpg

How bad is the PI stuff?

Can you completely jank the shot even though you get PI? Or is it just slightly off?

I have played all the other EGs on Vita, PSP and PS3 and don't remember this being an issue?

Top Bottom