• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
superboy is fucking ridiculous with ken and koro
fire.gif

FluxWaveZ

So is Super Boy just this good at Persona? Is Ken that good in Persona? Or is Super Boy that good with Ken in Persona?

The latter. Ken isn't some OP god character or anything. And even if he was, he's going against Margaret, who is considered one of the best—if no the best—character in the game.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
if you want to see all the matches you should really just attend the tournament

but at the same time, sf should have at least 2 if not 3 streams at all times considering its entrants and it's main event status

MrDaravon

Evo is clearly showing growing pains, they need way more streams (and a bigger place for Evo)...

Agreed, but it's also hard for them because they have to book these places YEARS in advance. He'd mentioned it before, but Mr. Wizard said again on CPT this week that the location and agreement for this year's EVO was done in 2011. In a place like Vegas you have to book shit years and years in advance. On the other hand upgrading to a convention center is probably incredibly more expensive. I imagine they're in a bit of a weird spot right now.

TheRetroKid

Neo Member
well EVO's decision to have two streams during pools, but then switch to one when the skill pool becomes more concentrated (and thus hype) definitely needs to be re-examined.

Yeah, with USF4, it's not just about number of entrants, this is the most stacked FGC tournament in history. Tons of superstars from all around the world. Two streams when it really heats up is not too much to ask for something like that. I know matches would still be missed, but two streams right now would have helped a ton.

ICKE

Banned
Every year, every game has to deal with high ranking players getting eliminated off stream. Street Fighter isn't special.

But this year following the progress is completely impossible.

We have no information as brackets are not being updated. The commentators only give out some tidbits here and there, we have one stream with random matches. It takes away from the experience.

It hasn't been this chaotic before. I have no idea why we have to have all the matches during one day.

if you want to see all the matches you should really just attend the tournament

but at the same time, sf should have at least 2 if not 3 streams at all times considering its entrants and it's main event status
Right, I should have just done that lol. Plane tickets prices dropped because of the Iran deal right?

Every year, every game has to deal with high ranking players getting eliminated off stream. Street Fighter isn't special.

And every year, streamers need to be reminded that they are at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to accomodations.

Evo could grow to the point where they have the money and staff to expand greatly and stream everything, but there is far less money in the fgc than some newer folks may realize.

Hey anyone know where i can find matches at on youtube for Smash bros wiiU? i had to go to work when things were getting good. loved the commentating this morning.

Trey

Evo needs to get that golf like presentation: follow the notable players and jump around to other matches. Don't know if the type of format that fighting games maintain lends itself to that sort of thing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom