• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The official brackets are on paper. The amazon brackets are the official online versions, but they can only be updated so quickly. It's a very tedious process, but it's still the most stable for running fighting game tournaments.

There are 280 players in the quarterfinal pools. They need to get down to the top 32. That means there are 372 matches alone in the quarterfinals. Even with two streams, there's no way you're seeing everything.
Dedicate all 8 streams to sf4 duh

I always kinda laugh at the "upset" thing. "OMG TOP PLAYER LOST TO REALLY GOOD PLAYER OFF-STREAM UPSET"

Its fuckin' Evo, and at this late in the game, only top tier players left. And Xian. They gon all lose eventually to one another except for one.

Honestly, why would upsets lose hype? I feel like dark horse competitors and upsets are super hype. It's awesome to see someone nobody expected to be doing super well

crash-14

Ari Weintraub ‏@Floejisan 1 h
Mago gets 256th place but yangs a good character right? SMD @ThatMikeRossGuy @NoelBHungry

lol

ironmang

It's so gross that capcom hides the archives behind a paywall. I've known about them doing that since they started but trying to go back and watch a couple matches I missed during this downtime and being reminded just annoys me all over again.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Gackt was so free he should have been given a Green Card at the end of the match.

2167252-td_jakes.gif

ICKE

Banned
Make it one stream dedicated to each player which only follows them around the entire top 64

Two streams worked fine. In the beginning we had Mike Ross with updates, telling us what was going on in different brackets. After that it has been near total darkness but now we will find out who are in semi's at least.

KOJI! Lets go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom