• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Pulling for the winner of Rog/Nemo
(or Infil)
to take it all but my head says winner of Momochi/Tokido wins EVO.

Only reason I enjoy watching Daigo lose is because it means that FGW doesn't get to fellate him for a whole month.

I can respect that.

Reading endless posts about how Justin Wong is amazing for winning a dead game that nobody cares about, including him, annoys me too.

Yeah but Justin Wong actually wins and makes top 8s (and is ranked/seeded #1)....

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Yeah but we don't make FGW titles based on dead games

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

USF4 Top 64

Winners
EG|Momochi (Ken) vs. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
AiAi (Juri) vs. Infiltration (Evil Ryu, Elena, Chun-Li)

Losers
EG|PR Balrog (Balrog) vs. BE|Nemo (Rolento)
AvM|GamerBee (Elena) vs Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, Decapre)

9. ZV|Kazunoko (Yun)
9. YBK|Santarouman (Sagat)
9. MCZ|Daigo (Evil Ryu)
9. Filipinoman (Rose, Poison)
13. Qanba|Xiao Hai (Cammy, Evil Ryu, Yun)
13. Kindevu (Elena)
13. Snake Eyez (Zangief)
13. Latif (C. Viper)

17. XSK Samurai (Evil Ryu)
17. RZR|Fuudo (Fei Long)
17. Chris Tatarian (Ken)
17. FGC|Pepeday (El Fuerte, Seth)
17. WFX|801 Strider (Abel)
17. RZR|Xian (Gen, Elena)
17. BX3TPL|Phenom (M. Bison)
17. HORI|Sako (Ibuki, Elena)

25. EG|Ricki Ortiz (Rufus, Rolento, Rose, Chun-Li, Poison)
25. BegetaminB (Ibuki, Blanka)
25. Brentt (Rufus)
25. DL|Hamad (Fei Long)
25. Misse (Makoto)
25. TS|Reiketsu (Vega, Yang)
25. FA|Ryan Hart (Sagat, Yun)
25. Wolfkrone (C. Viper)

33. TTL|Shinba (Abel)
33. 30f|Street11 (Gen)
33. /r/Kappa|KojiKOG (T. Hawk)
33. RZR|Gackt (Fei Long)
33. CDV|Cuongster (Yun)
33. Jayce the Ace (Decapre)
33. M.B. (M. Bison)
33. IND|Pro Fluke (El Fuerte)
33. VGP|Chaotix (Dudley)
33. Kiyotea (Guy)
33. Keno (Balrog)
33. Hsu Wei Ting
33. Harideshi (M. Bison)
33. Haitani (Rufus)
33. Manny
33. EH|Velociraptor (Gouken, Evil Ryu)

49. DBKoopa (Yun)
49. HuomaoTV|Dark Jiewa (Ken)
49. TL|CastBlanka (Blanka)
49. Okkun (Ibuki)
49. LLL|MBR (Akuma)
49. Cloud9 (Seth)
49. CCG|Chi-Rithy (Chun-Li)
49. pH|Nando Tovar
49. Eita (Akuma)
49. Gachikun (Sagat)
49. WA|Salpacino (Adon)
49. /r/Kappa|Poongko (Seth, El Fuerte)
49. Julio (Yun)
49. Inco (Rufus)
49. Qanba|Dakou (Evil Ryu)
49. RZR|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)

With thanks to Eventhubs

Damn, louffy didn't make top 64?

Moaradin

I watched most SF matches on stream today and I'm drained lol. Definitely gonna take it easy tomorrow. Mainly check out finals for smash and go watch Ant-Man. Sunday is gonna be a long and amazing day.

xCobalt

Nah I think sp00ky's recognized and well regarded.

I think Spooky is above average compared to the other commentators. One thing I dislike about his commentary is if he's not feeling it, its sounds really dull. His game knowledge isn't as good as other commentators too from what I noticed.

Sheroking

I can respect that.

Reading endless posts about how Justin Wong is amazing for winning a dead game that nobody cares about, including him, annoys me too.

They're the two biggest superstars in the history of fighting games for their long, amazing records across many, many games and big time tournament moments. I believe they are the two most winning players in the history of EVO with 7 titles a piece, and who knows how many top-8's.

It stands to reason they would get more praise when they do something spectacular. Wouldn't surprise me if they are on the very short list at the top of the mountain early in SFV as well.

They're the two biggest superstars in the history of fighting games for their long, amazing records across many, many games and big time tournament moments. I believe they are the two most winning players in the history of EVO with 7 titles a piece, and who knows how many top-8's.

It stands to reason they would get more praise when they do something spectacular. Wouldn't surprise me if they are on the very short list at the top of the mountain early in SFV as well.

7 for justin 6 for daigo

Codiox

Fuck it, right before the usf4 quarterfinals I felt asleep and missed the rest of usf4 completely! Where can I watch it again?

jerry1594

Did I miss CvS2?

Apparently not. Not sure if it's buried somewhere in the buried Animevo thread, but it's tomorrow at 4pm pst. It was delayed since 50+ people registered.

galvatron

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172252055]In that situation he was at disadvantage at point blank with no life. He has three options: EX DP, Ultra, or backdash. Backdash puts him back in the same situation so that's out, and between the two invincible moves only Ultra wins the game for him on the spot. It's a low-percentage option, but he didn't have another choice unless he expects Daigo to not try and kill him.[/QUOTE]

What part of that "low percentage option" landing cleanly was not random (as in unlikely) again? Every random ultra is meant to land...

I would have rather he had smaller exchanges to get back into it...he's certainly good enough to have done so, but it didn't play out that way. He played his ass off the rest of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom