• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

These campy Sonic is like those football teams that never attack trying to either get a 0-0 tie or win with counterattacks. I'm so glad he got eliminated.

Tripon

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/622474629198655488

Mr. Wizard is tweeting out saying Smash 4 customs are hype and a lot of players on Twitter are getting pretty frustrated by it (all of which have already been eliminated, mind you).

Not sure I understand such a strong anti-custom stance anymore; this tournament hasn't had a single super jank win or out-of-nowhere upset due to customs, as far as I've seen. Nothing that overpowered. I can understand the difficulties for a TO, or why it may be more difficult for a player, but I think this tournament has shown that they definitely have potential. I'd be interested in seeing them used again.
They are bitching because they lost. It's fucking hilaruous.

mfaex

Lmao I'm free at Cat.

gg
highfive.gif

That one pikachu used customs as a strong offensive tool but also died because of it. They're hype for the variety too.

Variety is, I think, the largest benefit of customs. Seeing the variety of villagers we've seen in top 32 today is super interesting to watch, and it allows a lot of players to have different options to deal with different players and characters instead of having multiple secondaries under their belt. The adaptation between games is next level too.

I really don't understand the hate for customs.

Honestly, a lot of people on Twitter just seem salty about it. I don't get it either.

I hate unlocking them, but playing with them is a lot of fun.

Smash 4 needs to have the timer decreased because it's pretty much the next xTekken with all these time outs. Honestly this isn't hype to watch.

Killer instinct has some hype as hell Cinder combos.

Marvel is Doom and Vergil featuring [whoever they're irrelevant].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom