• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Static is just as campy with default Sonic. The guy always will go for time out because that is his nauture and that is how he wants to win. Captain Awesum is the same way. Players like these don't just camp and time out to win a game. They practice for hours each session and go in with the mindset of how they will win is to camp and time out. They want to do it, and changing the ruleset from customs to default won't change that. They will still try to timeout opponents to win the game.
You can't camp nearly as well with those characters without customs. Same with Rosalina.

Gsnap

custom complaints are stupid simply because all the people I see complaining about them are calling for a game wide ban of all customs.

Since we have the ability to choose each individual move, then they should be banned individually or in specific sets. And only after enough time has passed to know that they are truly detrimental.

I know that's a lot of work, but it's the best option. The variety of characters used in smash4 is quite high right now, and I would like it to stay that way. Or to get even better. If customs allow a low tier to jump to a higher tier and get more exposure, then that's a wonderful thing as long as they aren't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom